Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not auto tracking exercise anymore

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been using my Charge 2 since xmas but recently (in the last two weeks) it has stopped auto tracking my exercise. I haven't changed any of the settings to auto recognise exercise. I read on one of these threads to reset the Charge 2 three times in a row by pressing the button whilst charging, did that last weekend and it recognised my daily walks on Mon and Tues but by Wed it stopped working again. This morning I did a 1hr bootcamp and although it records that I did 49 Active Mins at that time, the Exercise tile doesn't show anything. Any ideas!?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I've only had one problem with this, when it's set to the standard 15 min for a walk, move it to 14 or 16 and it works perfectly and even syncs data that has previously

been missed. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Hi @Wyndola,

For the auto-track, the reboot should have gotten it going. You may want to look into initiating the exercise mode on the tracker manually. If you forget, you can always go into the fitbit.com dashboard, under Log Activity, and manually add the exercise afterwards.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've only had one problem with this, when it's set to the standard 15 min for a walk, move it to 14 or 16 and it works perfectly and even syncs data that has previously

been missed. 

Best Answer

I'm wondering what exercise boot camp  falls under? 

What could help us to disable any auto exercises you normally will not be doing

Best Answer
Thanks - have already disabled everything apart from walk, run, cycle and aerobics. I thought bootcamp would be recorded as aerobics as it involves a lot of running around and movement. Have set all my auto track exercises to 14mins of activity for let's see if that works.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure how helpful it will be but here is the autotrack FAQ

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1933/#exercises

It does imply that if the movement was continuous enough for the 10 or 15, I'm not sure, minutes some event should have been recognized. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks KevP - Cross fingers, changing the minutes down to 14 instead of 15 seems to have fixed it! It recognised the two walks I did today and yesterday. Will post back to let you know if it stays working. 

Rich_Laue - I think there is something buggy about the exercise tile. Even though it's now auto tracking and shows 20 active mins, it is still showing only 1 day out of 5 as completed (yesterday). Yesterday I only did 19 active mins so logically it should count today's 20 mins as day 2. Rather annoying as it's not motivating at all but I'm glad it's auto tracking again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
I'm glad the little trick worked, the trick I find getting the 5 day thing to work is manually syncing straight after it auto syncs, usually works for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Brilliant - seems to have stayed fixed!! Thank So kev!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fabulous! Glad to help
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem, i haven't had my fitbit for 30 days, if i wanted to enter info then i would not have upgraded to this new fitbit. I called service dept yesterday, so far nothing, i am unhappy with company and device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im nit sure if i understand you @Voidedlime, or who your replying to? Your post doesnt look as if it fits here? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my Charge 2 for Christmas—it has never auto-tracked exercise.  I’ve tried several things suggested on Google to no success.  Can anyone help me?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
My first thought is was you device set up properly? If so is it tracking you step but just not your exercise?

Michelle Lee-Seb.😎😉😊
Best Answer
0 Votes
yes, it tracks steps, but not auto-exercise.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Make sure the exercise is one that is programmed. I had that issue last year with my fitbit i was within exchange period so i took it back to the store. Fitbit support was a dead end the service from fitbit support is horrible they only offered lame excuses for why this issue occurred nothing to fix the problem so i exchanged the device.

Michelle Lee-Seb.😎😉😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed the auto recognise time from 15” to 14”, then 16”, but my Charge 2 still did not recognise the 20” brisk walk I did yesterday in my Exercise history, even though it was recorded as 20 active minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find if I do this the total number of steps alters inexplicably. Is manual exercise logging only meant for logging after exercise when you didn’t wear your watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 also stopped automatically recognizing my daily 2 hr. rides about a week ago.  I can get it to recognize them if I manually select "bike" before I start, but I could have done that with just using my phone without even having a FitBit.  Besides, I ride the same trail every day and don't need to see my route on a map.  I'm mostly interested in the length of time each ride took and my heart rate tracking.

I did try the trick of changing the trigger time to something other than the default 15 minutes.  Others responded that they immediately saw exercise that they had already completed.  That didn't happen to me, even after manually forcing another re-sync.  I've even reset my Fitbit a few times with no improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you  

This worked for me with my Charge 3 not auto logging activity  

Best Answer
0 Votes