Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not recording stairs

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge2 is not recording my stairs. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
161 REPLIES 161

Menajoy67 

I have asked several times for manual adjustment of floors like adjusting sleep log or activity time etc. no results and it’s been a year. For me it is important because I have arthritis and while my steps and floors are minimal compared to others, it means a lot to me if I go a couple of extra floors one day. Not sure why they can’t make that adjustment to manually change floors. Good luck!!!

Best Answer
But THAT should NOT have to occur. I finally got onto their customer service at the website and learned how to reboot the device to get out minor kinks so will see what happens NOW. Thanks!

Brenda Bridgett
Best Answer
0 Votes
EXACTLY why I like to use it. I had a knee replacement secondary to arthtitis.. The designers need to understand, and I emailed them, that not ALL their customers are 20 years old and bound up and down Huge stair cases like we used to do. Suggested they stop being Ageist in their thinking!! I shouldnt have to lift my arms way up and touch the step and ceiling nor play others movements on the stairs like a baffon for the FITBIT to record!! To do so is simply insane! FIX THE PROBLEM if they advertise it works simply!

Brenda Bridgett
Best Answer
Ha ha! Well, I will pay attention next time I drive over a mountain. I raise my arm when I reach the top of my stairs, but I’m not going to start out by touching the floor. Nope.
Thanks. 😀
Best Answer

I have no idea why it counted stairs you didn’t climb, but I do have a suggestion for the stairs in your home; try raising your hand over your head when you reach the top. That should get you over ten feet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have done ALL that, but thanks. Two days ago it recorded the 13 steps perfectly with not even moving my arms as I was carrying items. However the next day NOTHING. if its ALL THEY ADVERTISE, I shouldnt have to do acrobatic movements to make it work. My where le point.
I have rebooted the thing. Nothing improves. The other recording are fine, just the doggone stair issues really irks me!!! LOL.
Why can't the designers UPDATE LIKE EVERY OTHER ELECTRONIC DEVICE???

Brenda Bridgett
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve done the same as well & its saying I’ve only done 2 flights. I don’t think it’s getting all my steps either. Is there a way to reboot the tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes.... under help it tells how to turn it off and on. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LeaDawson

To reboot: Plug it into the charger cable and connect it to your PC or to a wall adapter. Then hold the side button down for several seconds until the Fitbit vibrates briefly and the logo appears then disappears. Release the button and disconnect from cable. 

I've actually gotten into the habit of rebooting my Charge2 after every recharge cycle, before disconnecting it from the cable and generally have no issues with it for the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! But I know to reboot. Someone else asked and I commented. But I appreciate your explaining. Thanks again!

Brenda Bridgett
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve come to the conclusion that I have to do some sort of special dance when i’m climbing stairs before my Fitbit records them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can manually adjust your stairs setting, go into dashboard and click on stairs and reset your daily stairs to a minimum of one or upwards of that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I put a small stepstool at the top of my stairs at home (a few feet from the edge so I don't fall!) and that gives me an extra foot of altitude on my flight. I also raise my fitbit arm over my head to give me more altitude. It works 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tgoetz glad you found a solution. It sounds like you have 8 or probably 7 foot ceilings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My suggestion may not be practical, but try touching your knees or toes before climbing stairs and reaching overhead before decending them. That should get you past the 10 ft. mark.

I have an iPhone 6 and have no problems with it showing my sleep pattern. Maybe try to uninstall the app and then re-install it. It usually works for other apps. 

Moderator edit: merged posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

LMAO!!! OMG Fitbit people need to fix this because we should not have to go the route of theatrics to get the device to work. Oh and I worked out in our yard and it suddenly recorded 9 stairs and I only walked on grass.I think this device is just nuts!

12 in most rooms and 25 in great room. Basement stairs are in a 12 foot column also. And that matters why? 

THAT idea of a small stepstool is horribly unsafe! Are you kidding me??Also I have items in my arms most time so lifting way up is not practical.Oh get this...You can SIT on a rolling medical chair and swing your arms and feet and it thinks I am walking but it is not accurate on the step issue.But I just ignore it and someday it works and some of doesn't!Maybe they can hire Samsung to address their issues!!

Moderator edit: merged posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the last update my Fitbit is not measuring my stairs. Where I did between 6-30 in the past now I do none. Even when I did loads of climbing stairs up a cliff it still registered none. That was about 100 or more Metres high! Something has gone wrong since the upgrade. 

Best Answer

I'm not sure how fast your going up the cliff, but there is a time limit to how long the ten feet change needs to be done in. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Rich.... it wasn't me going up a cliff.Someone else. Funny it doesn't always record stairs yet a week ago,  when I did lots of walking in a hospital corridor dealing with my husband, the stupid Fitbit showed 7 stairs and I took the elevator! LOL

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
There have been many times when all of my walking for a day has been taking
my pup for a walk on a level walking trail and shopping in big box stores
like Home Depot and Costco and have ended up with the Fitbit recording 17
stairs. And yesterday I actually climbed multiple flights of stairs at my
medical clinic and no stairs were recorded. I am mystified by how the
Fitbit recognizes stairs.​
Best Answer