Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 text and call notifications not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just got my charge 2 and text and call notifications not coming through...I have done lots of troubleshoots that I have read about and nothing is working I have iPhone 6s
Best Answer
0 Votes
299 REPLIES 299

I followed all of the steps suggested to restart my Charge 2, checked all setting in the app and on my iPhone, I disconnected my Fitbit from Bluetooth, deleted the Fitbit app and reinstalled everything but did not receive any pin to restart (just reloaded everything as it had been) and when I scroll through the notifications on my actual charge, the icon states that notifications are off even though everything I can see on menus have it allowed/turned on! Please help!

Best Answer
All set thanks

Denise
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had followed all the steps but it still wasnt working, then I came across a help article that provided me with the final step which was to make sure that the notification setting was actually turned on on the fitbit itself! Pressed the button for a few seconds and Im now receiving all notifications!!

The Blaze, Charge 2, and Surge models have a Notification setting on the tracker. To verify that it's on:

• Blaze—Hold the top right button for a couple seconds.
  • Charge 2—On the clock screen, press and hold the button.
  • Surge—Swipe the touchscreen until you get to the Settings menu, then find Notifications. 
Best Answer

Thank you, This worked!!!

Best Answer

This has not worked for me.. my tracker receives calls but not txt message, really confused

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all of this and I still am not getting texts or call alerts on my charge 2! 

Best Answer

Have you held the button on the side to make sure your notifications are on and not off. That's what was wrong with mine after trying everything else. 

Best Answer

The issue I was having took place a while back before we were able to turn notifications on and off from the device. 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

MY device is paired but still does not send notifications. The indicator in settings is also turned on for my iPhone 6 plus

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have I phone 6

From the forum -I repeated what someone else tried

I removed the app, reloading the app and no luck

Re sync the Charger 2

no luck

Any other ideas

Best Answer
0 Votes

SOLVED! So even though your app may say notifications on, your Fitbit itself may be set to do not disturb!! Hold the button on the side for three seconds and tell them them back on! 

Best Answer

"- If you have Fitbit Blaze, Fitbit Charge 2, or Fitbit Surge, make sure your Notifications are turned on:
For Charge 2, from the clock screen, press and hold the button to make sure Notifications is set to On. Keep in mind notifications must be turned on to receive reminders to move throughout the day."

THIS is what I needed to do... make sure that you can see this when clicking the button on your Fitbit. If not, open the app, go to account - menu items - then make sure that the notifications is checked.

Even though I had notifications turned on in the app, they were disabled on my device. I didn't know this because I chose to not have the notifications menu item on my device.

Best Answer

There is a aerting in the iphones notifacation center that slso needs to be enabled.

Best Answer
0 Votes

- If you have Fitbit Blaze, Fitbit Charge 2, or Fitbit Surge, make sure your Notifications are turned on:
For Charge 2, from the clock screen, press and hold the button to make sure Notifications is set to On. Keep in mind notifications must be turned on to receive reminders to move throughout the day.

Make sure you can see notifications when clicking through the device. If not, open the app > account > select your device > menu items... make sure notifications is checked. Re sync the device and click through and make sure notifications are on.

My app said they were on, but the device one was disabled and I wasn't seeing it. This fixed my problem!

Best Answer

I recently spent quite a while on the phone with Fitbit trouleshooting this same problem.  Finally, they gave up and said I would receive an email.  Here's the email:

Thanks for letting us know about your notifications. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

We're sorry for any inconvenience it's caused. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we may do to assist you in the meantime.

What does this actually mean?  Anyone else having this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please help I have Iphohne 6 plus, I have set it up correctly as far as I can tell, the only thing that doesn't work is call and text alerts, I have tried everyhting I know can you please help ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same problem over the weekend @KathrynEC

Turn off your iphone - hold right button until slide switch appears to turn off.

power back on by pressing the same button until the apple logo comes up.

Go to preferences/bluetooth and forget your charge 2 by touching the circle i/forget

navigate to the app store and download/install latest fitbit app from updates.

1. Plug the charge 2 cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button the left button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Launch the fitbit app on your iphone, after a quick clean up it should find your charge 2 again.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After reading pages and pages of tips that did not work, finally found the one tip that solved my problem. Once I turned on notifications from my Charge 2 tracker, I started getting call and text notifications again. 

The Charge 2 model has a Notification setting on the tracker. To verify that it's on: from the clock screen, press and hold the button and notification status will display. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks 🙏 I had my daughter fix it... tough getting old.

Denise
Best Answer

Thank you, it's working now 🙂

Best Answer