Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 text and call notifications not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just got my charge 2 and text and call notifications not coming through...I have done lots of troubleshoots that I have read about and nothing is working I have iPhone 6s
Best Answer
0 Votes
299 REPLIES 299

I got the pairing number but it is still not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried your solution have a new charge 2 can get call alerts but not text alerts.

Best Answer

Check your notification setting in the Fitbit app. Make sure the text message is enabled.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's turned on I am getting the call alerts but not the text I have a
iPhone 6s
Best Answer

@kelleysbraun wrote:

I got the pairing number but it is still not working.

@kelleysbraun what are you trying to accomplsh? Notifacations do not require any extra pairing.

Best Answer

Thank you for your help 👍👍👍

Best Answer

It is working now but was not for about 3 weeks. Thank you for your
attention!
Kelley

Moderator Edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer

When I hold the button down on my charge 2 it does say notifications are off.   But the app and my iphone settings all show they are on.   I have taken the steps and reinstalled the app on my iphone but I am still having the issue.   What else can I try?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Toggle the notification status on the Charge 2 until it indicates "Notification On". 

Best Answer

That did it!!!

@Walt001 wrote:

Toggle the notification status on the Charge 2 until it indicates "Notification On". 

That fix it....Thanks so much!! 

Best Answer

This is called the Do Not Disturb mode, a feature that was hoghly requested

Best Answer

Thank you for the helpful information, I'm hoping all notifications will now work again.  Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I have a charge 2 and my wife has the same.  notifications are working fine for me (iphone 6) but none of the notificaitons (including reminder to move) are working for my wife's charge 2 (iphone 7).

I tried the steps mentioned in the solution (alterts enabled in iphone settings, unpair fitbit, delete and reinstall the iphone app, make sure fitbit charge 2 settings are desire).

EDIT 1: I set a silent alarm on my wife's charge 2 (via the app on her iphone 7) and the silent alarm worked so I know the haptic function in her charge 2 is functional.

Best Answer

On your wifes tracker @funkyj, is notifications turned on? Check @mms17's post above.

Is notfocations enabled in the phones notification panal?

Best Answer

Thanks for trying to help Rich!

Yes, in

• iphone > settings > notifications > fitbit 
  • iphone > settings > fitbit > notifications

(the two paths above seem to lead to the same settings page)

all notification are enabled.  I also verified that Do Not Disturb was disabled each time I tested my wife's fitbit.

Best Answer

On your phone everything's set to notifications enabled... But have you held the button on the side of the Fitbit? When you do that it might be off, voiding whatever your phone is trying to push through. Hold it for 3 seconds and it will turn back on. 

Best Answer

OK, my problem has been solved.  This was it.

I did not even think there were settings that can be made on the device that could not also be made through the phone app.  My wife's charge 2 is now getting notifications after pushing the side button on the fitbit to toggle notifications on.

EDIT: In hindsight I can see the value of having the ability to quickly turn notifications off (you are getting a flood of notifications and do not want the distraction, just hold the button on the side and toggle notifications off).

For this problem it would be good to sticky a post at the top all the knobs that have to be on for notifications go to through

1. iphone (and android?) settings > notifications > fitbit must be enabled
  2. fitbit app > device > notifications must be enabled
  3. fitbit device > side button hold press > notifications must be enabled !

I'm not surprised that 3 exists but apparently it is a separate knob from 2.  I would expect 2 and 3 to be different methods of accessing the same knob.

Best Answer

This suggestion did not work for me, however, I was able to finally figure it out.  

Go to your fitbit app on your phone and click on the "account tab".  Under devices, click on your Charge 2 device which will then open more options.  Scroll down to "Menu Items" and click on it.  Make sure Notifications is selected.  Once you do this, go to your Fitbit device and click through to your Notifications screen and then follow those instructions to turn your Notifications on.  Once those are on, you will begin receiving text and call notifications.  Hope this helps someone out!

Best Answer

I also have an iPhone 6s I've checked everything and followed these instructions. Still won't work. Very upset this is one of the features I really like about this model and it stopped working in a month after buying...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow... it was turned off via my device itself. No where have I read anywhere that that was even an option to do. I could've done that in my sleep. No where have I even seen that suggested to check either. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I've been without the notifications for over a week now and I was about to toss this thing after spending an hour here and there every few days messing with it. 

Best Answer