Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't pair with iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

sorry I know this has been on before but we've followed every suggestion! My husband has bought a charge 2 and it just won't pair with his iPhone and gets stuck on the 4 digit code screen. It's fully charged, not near my or attached to anything else via Bluetooth. Bluetooth is on, he's tried restarting the Fitbit, restarting the phone, deleting the app and reinstalling. He's tried everything suggested but still won't work. Please help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Nicola_D! Thanks for letting me know that you guys have already tried some troubleshooting steps. Nice way to go! 

What's the model of the iPhone? Is it listed in our supported devices? I know you have mentioned you tried everything suggested, but I'd like you to please try the following step-by-step procedure (in case you've skipped one of them):

• Be aware that you can't set up your tracker from your device's Bluetooth screen; you must open the Fitbit app and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. 
    • iOS—Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your mobile device is on. 
    • iOS—Tap Settings > Bluetooth.

If after meeting the requirements above your husband's tracker is still not connecting, I'd recommend the following:

• Restart the Charge 2, 3 times in a row.
  • Try the setup process again.
  • Reboot your mobile device (turn it off and then back on).
  • Try setting up your tracker again.
  • If you can't set up after the reboot, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

Let me know how it goes this time! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Thanks for getting back to me. We took it back to the shop and they said there was a fault with it 😳 so they swopped it. The new ones all up and running now.

Yay!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay! Music to my ears, I'm glad to hear you guys are back in business! Is everything with your Fitbits working as expected @Nicola_DSmiley Very Happy

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Happy stepping! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have done all the steps you have mentioned and it still will not pair with my iPhone 5s

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Hope65, thanks for stopping by and trying what I suggested above! By any chance, have you tried setting it up using a different mobile devices included in our list or using a Windows 10/Mac computer with integrated Bluetooth 4.0 running the Fitbit Software

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand that you may want to use your iPhone 5S as primarily syncing device, but I'd like you to give a try using a different device to see if the issue is coming from your tracker or phone.  

If you get a error message either on the tracker or Fitbit app, let me know. 

I'll be around, keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the iPhone 5s.  I have tried all of your suggestions to pair my Fitbit Charge 2 with it and nothing is working.  Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Judee0! Thanks for already troubleshooting this paring issue between your iPhone 5S and your Charge 2. Nice way to go! 

Have you checked if by any chance your Charge 2 got paired at some point and it's being showed on the phone's Bluetooth settings? If you found out that your tracker is listed there, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Charge 2 and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device".

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. Smiley Very Happy

As mentioned here, be aware that you can't set up your tracker from your device's Bluetooth screen; you must open the Fitbit app and follow the on-screen instructions.

Have you checked the software of your phone to see if it's updated Tap Settings > General > Software Update.

Also, please make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date, version should be on 2.53.1. Here are the steps to do the update:

1. ap the App Store app.
  2. Tap the Updates tab. If the Fitbit app has an update, you’ll see it in the Available Updates list.
  3. Tap Update.

If your apps update automatically, check the Updated list to see if the Fitbit app was updated.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I just received the Charge 2 as a gift and it won't pair with my Iphone 8.

I have updated my phone, reinstalled the app, removed it multiple times from the app and reinstalled it, restarted the fitbit, turned off my bluetooth and turned it back on.  Everything is up to date and it still won't pair, which means my call notifications and all day sync are disabled.  I would like to know a way to make this work since it's brand new and a relatively new phone as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

I'm experiencing a similar issue where my Fitbit Charge 2 will not pair with my iPhone 6. I've tried all suggestions (restarting phone, ensuring my iPhone software is up-to-date, reinstalling Fitbit app, restarting Charge 3 times in a row, ensuring Bluetooth is on, etc.). My iPhone simply won't recognize the Charge 2. (Just to be clear, I am pairing through the proper process in the app itself rather than the Bluetooth setting in iPhone.) I tried pairing it with my Dad's iPhone 8 and his phone recognized the Charge 2 (I didn't enter in the code and actually pair it). So it seems the issue is my phone. My phone's storage is quite full; could that be the issue? Also, my phone's location service does not work properly; could this affect the Bluetooth pairing?

Best Answer
0 Votes