Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make extra small wristband

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please make a X-small band for little adults and teens. Would be great!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

To use Fitbit legally a minimum age of over 13 years is required.

If your kiddo(s) have the minimum age, feel free to ask the fitbit support team if it's possible to get a extra small band (don't know if they do), questions are free. Cat Wink

Support Team: India | United Kingdom | United States

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

If your kiddo(s) have the minimum age, feel free to ask the fitbit support team if it's possible to get a extra small band (don't know if they do), questions are free. Cat Wink

Support Team: India | United Kingdom | United States

Best Answer

Hi, @Leesybrant, currently Fitbit do not make extra small bands for any of their trackers.  You might like to add your vote and comments to this feature request .

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

This reply does not cover the other part of the question of adults with smaller wrists.  I have a very tiny wrist and I am over 21 years of age.  Please make an XS band.

Best Answer

I agree, they need an extra small adult size.  I'm 43 with a very small wrist and I had to cut an extra slot in all my bands.

Best Answer

I would like to see the LAW that says it's illegal for a child under 13 to wear a Fitbit.  I think your terminology should be, Fitbit is not designed for or marketed to children under 13.  I sure hope the police do not arrest my 8 year old.

Best Answer

@niems9, there is, of course. no law that says a child cannot WEAR a Fitbit.  However, since an online account is required to SYNC a Fitbit, it is governed by federal regulations restricting online content for children.  This is why, for example, young children are not allowed Facebook accounts and Twitter accounts.

If Fitbit knowingly allowed a child to store private information on line (such as are collected by Fitbits) then the child would not be in trouble, but Fitbit would!

Best Answer

@Julia_G brings up a good point with Facebook, it is the same for Fitbit. 

If you do a quick search there are several connected tracker a made specifically for children, and they have the extra security required. 

But I will rephrase for a different perspective. 

There is now law saying that a child can not wear a Fitbit. 

The law says that any company that stores personal data from users under 13 need to take extra precautions with the security of the data. For Fitbit it is easier to simply say no one under 13 then to spend the extra money to confirm to the more stringent laws for minors. 

Now if you read the requirements, there is a clause saying that the parent can wave fitbit's responsibility and sign a waiver. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G Julia (which is coincidentally my 8 year-old, Fitbit wearing, daughter's name), my comment was related to the extreme of the comment:

There is no law in my country that keeps my daughter from legally using a Fitbit.  Focus on the words "to use" not on the marketing or storing of data.  We have a lot of regulations in the US, but thankfully Uncle Sam cannot prevent me from allowing my kids to wear a Fitbit. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue, I have not seen such a waiver.  Can you please post a link indicating where this is available and how a parent might sign?  I am very sceptical.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G I haven't actually seen the form, but it is implied that their is one under the terms of service.

Point 2

2. USE OF THE FITBIT SERVICE

Persons under the age of 13, or the equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, are not permitted to access or use the Fitbit Service unless their parent has consented in accordance with applicable law. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think this implies that there is any waiver form.  It seems to me that it wouod be very costly to administer as well as to collect and store that information.  I remain sceptical.  I assume that a team of lawyers wrote this and it is meant to protect Fitbit, not provide an extra administrative level for young users.

I believe it is still the case that you have to enter a DOB which computes to a birthday age 13 or older in order to create an account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have extra small wrists and I am almost 40. Please make extra small! 

Best Answer

Hello @Suhrste I suggest adding your vote to the existing requestrin the feature suggestion board. 

XS Wristbands

Best Answer

I’m an adult and have never been able to wear my fitbit in the proper spot due to my extra small wrist. Please help. 

Best Answer

Hi, @Flodash, well, now you can!  The Fitbit Ace is designed for children, so their replacement bands are extra small.  You can buy them here

The Ace bands are interchangeable with the Alta or Alta HR.  Unfortunately they won't fit other Fitbits.

Best Answer

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife is 61 years of age and very petite.  The small wristband on her Alta HR still leaves at least an inch gap between the watch and her wrist.  I've ordered the ACE wristband, which is used for the children's fitbit.  Crossing my fingers and hoping this will do the trick.

Best Answer

The ACE wristband worked beautifully for me and there are even 2 more holes I can make it smaller if needed. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would know why they would arrest just for that minor mistake.Kids wear Apple Watches so...

Best Answer
0 Votes