Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate Charge 2 screen orientation?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Experiencing the same problem. I'd like to wear it on my left wrist with the adjusting button showing up on the hand side of my wrist as opposed to the elbow side. Problem illustrated in attached photo. I've tried switching both the dominant hand and preferred wrist settings, but doesn't change anything. Ideas? Thanks! - Bill fit2.JPG

Moderator edit: Subject for clarify. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nope, won't work.  I wear mine on the left wrist, but I have the button facing away from the wrist instead of towards it.  I think there is a Feature Suggestion request on changing that - you may want to vote for that feature.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

@bmitchfit  Unfortunately, there is not a way to change the orientation of the face.  

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, won't work.  I wear mine on the left wrist, but I have the button facing away from the wrist instead of towards it.  I think there is a Feature Suggestion request on changing that - you may want to vote for that feature.

Best Answer

Indeed! I was very surprised that I could not flip the orientation. Thank you for posting this image. I hope a future update will allow for this. Otherwise amazing device...

Best Answer

Can you swap the two band halves?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

Wouldn't swapping the band halves effectively flip the display?

Best Answer

Not really, it will turn the housing along with the display upside down. People want the ability to put the button on the right, witch is what switching the bands does, without the display being upside down. 

See @bmitchfit post above

Best Answer
Nope. The display orientation is fixed. You can orient the strap to clasp in a different direction, but once the control button is oriented toward the wrist rather than elbow side, the display is upside down (& cant be flipped in the menu options).

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I found this to be a deal breaker and am returning the Charge 2 I recently bought because of it.

Wouldn't say this is solved more like can't or won't be solved

Best Answer

What i find interesting that the Blaze on the left arm should have the button on the left side. This is because the thumb is the best finger to press the button with.

A typical watch that needs to be wound  by necessity needs to be on the hand side, or right. Sonce most people are right handed the Charge2 is set up properly to be worn on the left arm.

Now while wearing a wa5ch on the right arm, the Charge 2  button will be on the yrong side.

Best Answer

So what is this for?

IMG_5842.PNG

Best Answer

I thought the same thing. Possibly makes a difference in how steps are measured. Same thing for handedness. A person likely swings their dominant hand for more activities. 

Or or it could be a feature they meant to build (screen rotation) but ran out of time. Been there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it might be a little deceptive. 

The older trackers it simply was dominant - nondominant

The newer simply phrase it differently since many user had problems understanding dominant. 

So Fitbit has set up two questions 

What are do you normally use during the day? 

What are is your Fitbit on? 

For me I use my left arm to eat and write, but 90+ of everything else it is the right arm I use first. 

Personal I think it would be nice if the screen flipped for the watch to be worn on the right arm, currently the button on the left is for wearing in the left arm so the stronger thumb can press it. 

Best Answer

No it doesn't. The button always stays on the left according to fitbit customer service. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It drives me nuts because this is such a simple little bit of coding, but neglecting it is **ahem**ing for full- and part-time lefties, and people with motor control difficulties.

I periodically get gangliom cysts in my left wrist (I guess I use my left arm and shoulder more for strength-based things, so there's more strain). This makes wearing the fitbit on the left excruciating (plus it wont exactly fit under/over a brace), and I simply cannot (painlessly) move my wrist to hit the stupid freaking button when it's on the left side of my right wrist.

Somehow, the display feels assymmetrical, too-- it just doesn't sit right on the right wrist with the button on the left. 

Best Answer

Nope, that will not flip the screen display. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can’t adjust display on your wrist.

this is such a silly failure that I will return it.

A so intelligent watch not able to adapt display orientation: is it a joke?

Best Answer

I am flabbergasted at this design choice. Every watch I've ever worn had the buttons toward the fingers when worn on the left arm, including digital watches with multiple buttons (so it's not a winding issue) - it's just the norm. Even the cheap fitness tracker knock-off I have did it right. It makes me lose faith in humanity a little bit.

Best Answer

Have you voted @Philomorph, your mostly preaching to the choir when you post here. Personally I find it a lot more natural to press the button with the thumb and then to fidget with the finger while on the right side. You need the thumb and the two fingers to stabilize the clock anyway, having the button in the middle of the side makes this an unnatural movement.

Best Answer