Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 is showing wrong timezone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit shows the wrong date and time

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome on board @JHJennings, it's nice to see you here! Totally agree with @JohnnyRow. Keep in mind that you'll need to sync your tracker in order for it to grab the timezone on your app and phone. 

Also, I'd recommend performing a restart on your Charge 3. Have you checked your time zone settings to make sure they are correct?

Please do the following:

• Open the Fitbit App.
  • Tap the account icon (located at the top right corner of the app).
  • Swipe down to "Advanced Settings".
  • Check the time zone settings. 

Remember to sync if you make any changes.

If after checking that it is still incorrect; please try this workaround about time zone. That should certainly help you out with this.

If the issue persists, try the following steps:

1. On your Fitbit app or Fitbit.com Dashboard online, change your Country settings to a different country and change your timezone to the desired timezone.
  2. Save changes and then Sync.
  3. Change your Country setting back to your actual Country (United States for example).
  4. Save Changes and then Resync tracker.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

It gets date and time from phone or other sync device each time it syncs.  Other than time zone if off by exact hours, that is the only way to set time.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @JHJennings, it's nice to see you here! Totally agree with @JohnnyRow. Keep in mind that you'll need to sync your tracker in order for it to grab the timezone on your app and phone. 

Also, I'd recommend performing a restart on your Charge 3. Have you checked your time zone settings to make sure they are correct?

Please do the following:

• Open the Fitbit App.
  • Tap the account icon (located at the top right corner of the app).
  • Swipe down to "Advanced Settings".
  • Check the time zone settings. 

Remember to sync if you make any changes.

If after checking that it is still incorrect; please try this workaround about time zone. That should certainly help you out with this.

If the issue persists, try the following steps:

1. On your Fitbit app or Fitbit.com Dashboard online, change your Country settings to a different country and change your timezone to the desired timezone.
  2. Save changes and then Sync.
  3. Change your Country setting back to your actual Country (United States for example).
  4. Save Changes and then Resync tracker.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have used the Charge 2 for years now, and know what to expect with time zone changes.  I never had a problem with either of the Charge 2's I owned.  I travel a lot, so auto switching is important for me.  I just traveled to a new time zone and syncing would not change the time (but it did last week on this Charge 3).  Since I've had a few problems, I did a restart.  No fix.  I performed the work around you suggested above, and switched the time to the new time zone.  It synced fine, even after switching back to "auto."  To make sure - I performed your follow on recommendation of switching countries.  It seems to work right now, but won't know till I travel to another timezone again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The workarounds are fine, however I have experienced this issue multiple times with both the Alta and the Charge 3.  Why can’t Fitbit fix this bug?

Best Answer

My name is Laurie Gregersen and my email is lgregersen65@gmail.com. I have  a fitbit charge 3 and got it for christmas 2018. So far its been fine, but this past week the time and date are wrong. I am on the correct time zone, and have rebooted and tried syncing, but the sync just spins and will not do anything. It says the last sync was Jan 7, 2019, and today is Feb 21. I have tried every suggestion in these posts. Can you help? 

Thanks, 

Laurie Gregersen

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the problem described in this thread.  Time zone suddenly flipped to Los Angeles and there is no way to take it back to London (where I live).  I’ve tried the fixes below.  They have not worked for my charge 3 or the app.

Best Answer

I’m having the exact same problem. My Fitbit was fine yesterday, today my Fitbit is showing LA time and I can’t change it back 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I change date?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit app will not open. What’s up? Date on Fitbit Alta is about 3 days behind and 2 hours behind 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm experiencing this now with my Charge 3.  Arrived in Taiwan, iphone auto-switched zones, but the fitbit does not.  it is set to Cali time.  I brought my charger and reset it, manually switched the time zones, set to automatic, manually synced, the time still does not change.  Any more suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I should have thought of this before.  I just manually closed the app on the iphone (swipe up for the X) then restarted the app, it synced and the time changed.  Hooray.

Best Answer

@MrPeabody 

After going through “official workarounds”, my device didn’t update time zone. But this simple solution (restart app) saved my device today. I use charge3 and iPhone. Thanks!!

Seriously, Fitbit should have fixed this issue already. It’s bothering me for past 3years every time I travel between timezones!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit 

I would suggest to update your answer and add another workaround - restart app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Alta HR and I can’t change the date and time

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does not work- i have changed the time zone many times correctly - and the time zone goes back to india- and my device never changes- the fitbit techs cannot figure it out and I have had outside techs look into in and cannot figure it out too... i am disappointed with this device - 😕 

Best Answer
0 Votes