Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Charge 3 and Charge 3 Special Editon

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is the difference between the Charge 3 and the Charge 3 Special addition the fact that the Special addition comes with an additional strap and Fit pay.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Alta HR, Flex 2
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome on board @SarahDraper, it's nice to see a new member around! Smiley Very Happy My friend @JohnnyRow is right. 

Charge 3 includes:

• Fitbit Charge 3
  • Classic wristbands (both small & large)
  • Charging cable

Charge 3 Special Edition includes:

• Fitbit Charge 3
  • Woven or Sport wristbands (both small & large)
  • Charging cable
  • NFC chip for Fitbit Pay

If there's any questions present, let me know! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

I believe that's it.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @SarahDraper, it's nice to see a new member around! Smiley Very Happy My friend @JohnnyRow is right. 

Charge 3 includes:

• Fitbit Charge 3
  • Charging cable

Charge 3 Special Edition includes:

• Fitbit Charge 3
  • Charging cable

If there's any questions present, let me know! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Fitbit Pay? I'll be better off using my Samsung Pay on my phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aceboogie1 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your thoughts regarding Fitbit Pay for Charge 3. 

Please check this helpful article for more details on Fitbit Pay. This way, other users can also take a look at this feature that the Charge 3 Special Edition includes.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Are these items standard no matter where the Fitbit charge 3 or charge 3 special edition are purchased?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Beth7624 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to post your inquiry about the different editions of this tracker.

What items do you refer to? These are the items that include each of the editions of the Charge 3:

Charge 3:

• Fitbit Charge 3
  • Charging cable

Charge 3 Special Edition:

• Fitbit Charge 3
  • Charging cable

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aceboogie1 I think the Charge 3 lets you to train without your phone (would've been nice if it had the built-in GPS) So, you don't have to always use the Samsung Pay. Still, the Charge 3's paying can be the difference maker when comparing to other trackers for example its predecessor Charge 2. Hope it helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

Someone is selling the charge 3 special edition on ebay....please tell me there are only genuine ones out there. I would hate to purchase and find out it wasn't a real one ....a big fitbit fan 

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit charge 3 with a small & large wristbands . So is a special edition?

Best Answer
0 Votes

All fitbit comes with a small & large wristbands the SE is in the colours:lavender.JPG  Rose-Gold/Lavender and white.JPGGraphite/White hope it helps you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks
--
Best regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the fit bit charger 3 special edition. It's not compatible to my motog6 phone.,I had the, Fitbit 2 I really liked that. So I got this one so now I'm not sure what I'm going to do..I have to get a different phone. Or sell this one.Make sure your phone is compatible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From the looks of it as well, it also has different clock faces/screens? Can anyone confirm?

Best Answer

I was just in store looking at both the Charge 3 and special edition version and noticed both boxes say they are Fitbit pay compatible - is this false advertising for the non special edition version? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I don’t know 🤷‍:female_sign:
--
Best regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you.. I just got a Charge 3 and on the box it said it was fitbit pay compatible but now I'm just finding out its not? That blows.. It was the main reason why I udated from my charge 2.. I believe that should have a recall for call charge 3 to add a chip in.. Definitely false advertising! 😤

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you.. I just got a Charge 3 and on the box it said it was fitbit pay compatible but now I'm just finding out its not? That blows.. It was the main reason why I udated from my charge 2.. I believe that they should have a recall for all charge 3 to add a chip in.. Definitely false advertising! 😤

Best Answer
0 Votes

my standard one was listed as having fitpay on the sellers site (authorised dealer)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ordered a Charge 3 Special Edition and it’s as wide or wider than my Charge 2 & much taller.  So I returned it and want to order a regular Charge 3 that is not as wide- it’s for my wife.  But I don’t understand why that big difference in width is not specified nor why both the Charge 3 & Charge 3 Special Edition are taller and bulkier... oh- and why only the Special Edition has a white band! 🧐 

Best Answer
0 Votes