Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add exercises on Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I only get option on fitbit 3 to select running, walking and swimming. Is there a possibility to add different ones? Aqua aerobics, yoga, Pilates...

Help! I 😊

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome on board @Katatina, it's nice to see you here! Users can choose from over 15 exercise types—including run, interval workout, swim, and yoga, to customize the app with your favorite workouts. If a specific exercise isn’t available, choose workout as your exercise type.

Fitbit app:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon >  your device image.
  2. Tap Exercise Shortcuts.
  3. To add a new exercise shortcut, tap the + icon and select an exercise. 
  4. To remove an exercise shortcut, swipe left on a shortcut (on Windows 10, tap the trashcan icon).
  5. To reorder an exercise shortcut, press and hold a shortcut, then drag it up or down to change its position.
  6. Sync your device.

Fitbit.com Dashboard:

1. Log in to your fitbit.com dashboard and click the gear icon in the top right corner. 
  2. Click Settings > Devices
  3. Scroll down to Exercise Shortcuts
  4. Click Edit Exercise Shortcuts to choose the exercises you want on your device. Then click Save
  5. Click and drag the Row Reorder icons to change the order of the exercises on your device. 
  6. Sync your device.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

Welcome on board @Katatina, it's nice to see you here! Users can choose from over 15 exercise types—including run, interval workout, swim, and yoga, to customize the app with your favorite workouts. If a specific exercise isn’t available, choose workout as your exercise type.

Fitbit app:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon >  your device image.
  2. Tap Exercise Shortcuts.
  3. To add a new exercise shortcut, tap the + icon and select an exercise. 
  4. To remove an exercise shortcut, swipe left on a shortcut (on Windows 10, tap the trashcan icon).
  5. To reorder an exercise shortcut, press and hold a shortcut, then drag it up or down to change its position.
  6. Sync your device.

Fitbit.com Dashboard:

1. Log in to your fitbit.com dashboard and click the gear icon in the top right corner. 
  2. Click Settings > Devices
  3. Scroll down to Exercise Shortcuts
  4. Click Edit Exercise Shortcuts to choose the exercises you want on your device. Then click Save
  5. Click and drag the Row Reorder icons to change the order of the exercises on your device. 
  6. Sync your device.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Is there anyway to add either "dance" or "zumba" to the exercises???

Best Answer
0 Votes

@heyjude25

I would choose it as "workout" and then you can go into the dashboard and rename it when you're done with the exercise.  It's going to calculate calories the same regardless of what it's named.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
Ok thanks 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Responding to the recommended way to add to the exercise choice list.

there is no “gear” at the upper left in the dashboard mode.  I have the tracker 3.  I need to add stationary bike to my choices.  when Exercising I have been putting the. Tracker on the pedal.  Not wearing it on my arm.  As it does not register as exercise.  I have been adding it manually under bike but that’s not very accurate.  Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Responding to the recommended way to add to the exercise choice list.

there is no “gear” at the upper left in the dashboard mode.  I have the tracker 3.  I need to add stationary bike to my choices.  when Exercising I have been putting the. Tracker on the pedal.  Not wearing it on my arm.  As it does not register as exercise.  I have been adding it manually under bike but that’s not very accurate.  Please help. NanciB

Best Answer
0 Votes

Biking only registers through a GPS, so when you're on a stationary bike, you're not moving.  Treadmill may be a better option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also do not have the settings gear anywhere.   I need to add yoga to my exercises. Appreciate any help

Best Answer

What if you don't have "exercise shortcut" icon?  Under goals It just says "exercise" and when I tap on it.  It takes me to exercises that came with the Fitbit.  I have no option to change and add. I'm looking to add my personalized HIIT workout. 

Best Answer

It’s a little different than described.  From

the app, you click on the Fitbit icon on the top left

196EA230-DED7-4EB7-BE3C-3F52F8D4A06B.jpeg

10027418-E5A5-48A9-A649-3F0A7D98F260.jpeg

6D86523D-6947-4168-AEB9-3F89D5F49FDA.jpeg

171E5B70-6429-47E6-BB7B-0C10ADB6BE18.png

Best Answer
It seems everyone has a different opinion as to have to do this so I called
tech support and they explained it and I was able to do it on the charge 3.
Open the dashboard open the weekly exercise box click on the hourglass on
the upper right add the exercise.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20190227-222611_Fitbit.jpg

There is no option to edit the workout selection or interval workout timings.pls help.Android OS with charge 3

Best Answer

Does the 15 include rowing? I currently use a charge 2 and keep getting offers to up grade, as I row a lot that would tip me over the edge I think

Thanks

Mike

Best Answer
0 Votes

No rowing... Available exercises:

Hike

Martial Arts

Tennis

Kickboxing

Golf

Bootcamp

Bike

Treadmill

Weights

Elliptical

Circuit Training

Workout

Stairclimber

Interval

Swim

Spinning

Run

Pilates

Yoga

Walk

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sigh my Android app does not display option to edit the exercises despite
reinstalling the app.
Best Answer

why is this not available on my android app? I only have 6 exercises to choose from on my charge 3! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem! I can't add an exercise on my android app!

Best Answer
0 Votes
>From the weekly exercise box, click on the little plus sign and round icon.
Mine is located on the top right. Once that opens you can add.
Best Answer

Use a computer. You should have the options. 

Best Answer