Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal not syncing with Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 isn't syncing properly with MyFitnessPal to show accurate calories consumed. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on how to solve it?

Thank you.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

Hey @Kelbelle.H, welcome to the Community.

If your Fitbit account is not syncing with your MFP account, re-link the two accounts by doing the following:
1. Sign into your Fitbit dashboard.
2. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
3. On the left side of your screen click "Applications."
4. Under MyFitnessPal, click "Revoke Access."
5. You can then re-link the two accounts by going to: http://www.fitbit.com/apps/myfitnesspal.

After relinking, you can verify that your accounts are syncing by using one of the following data points:
1. On Fitbit you can check for your meal summary and logged activities from MFP.
2. On MyFitnessPal, go to "My Home," then "Check-In." You should see your weight, Fitbit Steps, and Fitbit Sleep Minutes. 

Let me know the outcome. 😊

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I’m having they same issue. Tried disconnecting through My Fitness Pal multiple times and reconnecting with no luck. Tried to follow your steps above within Fitbit app, but when I go under Settings there isn’t an “applications” option. 

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Crazyjones19.

Thanks for troubleshooting this MFP issue before contacting us. If your tracker is properly syncing with the Fitbit app, it means that the issue is directly with MFP. I recommend contacting MFP customer service directly.

Let me know if you need anything else. 🙂

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I have had many fitbits and this is the first FITBIT that I have sync issues with every day.  Each time I attempt to sync it shows "looking" and may not end up syncing. So I will leave it for a while and try again many times and eventually it will sync. The steps provided are ridiculous if they have to be carried out each time it doesn't sync which for me is typically daily. Did the steps work for anyone?

Another issues is last week the swipe function would not work and therefore preventing me from documenting my workouts for the day. When I got home I used the same reset steps provided for when the screen goes blank.  

Prior to that issue the screen was blank and had to reset it by going back home to plug in the battery and reset.

This is ridiculous for a new technology. 

Best Answer
Hard to say...I did then and then a few hours later it finally synced. Today seems to repeat. I’ve plugged info into MFP and waited a couple hours. Did a manual sync with FitBit and calorie stuff hasn’t pulled over yet. Wonder if there is a bug with a recent update?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your participation in the Community.

@Crazyjones19, it's great to hear that your accounts finally synced. We are not sure what might have caused this, but we would expect this to be a one glitch and I would ask you to keep an eye on your accounts, and in the case this happens again, please let me know and I will be glad to further investigate.

@flark, if your Charge 3 isn't syncing, I recommend taking a look at the help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and follow the instructions provided there, about the screen follow the ones in this post. Just keep in mind that, we are moderating this thread for users who are having issues syncing their Fitbit accounts with MFP. If you are experiencing other issues or have a feature suggestion or improvement, I encourage you to find a similar thread, check out the feature suggestion board or start a new thread.

I will see you around. 😁

Best Answer

When I click on or type in the http://www.fitbit.com/apps/myfitnesspal link, it redirects me to https://www.fitbit.com/partnership and there is no option to reconnect my Fitbit to MyFitnessPal.  What am I doing wrong here?

Best Answer

Followed your instructions but it didn't work.

Deleted MFP app and reinstalled it, still doesn't work. It worked all the time before the last fitbit update.

Please let me know how to fix it.

Best Answer

I am also having this problem and don’t know how to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem too and don’t know how to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

this hasn't worked do you have to have MFP premium

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you here, @Mazz39.

If your Fitbit account isn't syncing with MFP, I recommend checking my previous post and follow the instructions provided there.

Let me know the outcome. 🙂

Best Answer

Didn't work for me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community, @Catody.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this syncing issue. If you have already tried the instructions provided in this post, keep experiencing this problem and your Fitbit is syncing with your Fitbit account, I suggest getting in touch directly with MFP support.

Keep me posted. 🙂

Best Answer

This did not work for me.  And now, calories in does not show on fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this problem too, and almost accidentally resolved it by going to Settings and pressing Sync button across from Help option (right under "Tell your friends about MyFitnessPal, SHARE MYFITNESSPAL")

I felt so lucky 🙂

Best Answer
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have revoked access and connected Fitbit with MFP again, as instructed. Now it says another account is already connected to my Fitbit, but there shouldn't be any other account.  How do I see what is connected already?

Best Answer
0 Votes