Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Drain

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden in the last few days my Charge 4 has been losing power in about 2 days. I don't have GPS activated so that can't be the issue. I purchased in Dec 2020 so it is not even 2 years old. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

Mine started dying in a matter of hours starting on Friday June 3RD. I had changed no settings but have since gone in and changed GPS to "use phone GPS" ....Which defeats some of the purpose of the tracker. I have charged to 100% twice a day and it does not last the night. Have not asked it to record any workouts. Restarted in settings on Fitbit and also by pressing side button while on the charger and have been told to restart on the charger a 2ND time and monitor for a day. I have had this Fitbit since October 15, 2021 when it replaced one that wouldn't keep a band on

Best Answer

@Gregrr17 @ekntr5 , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your messages. 

Have you tried the tips here: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

See you around. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

same thing just started happening to me on June 6th. I had no issues up until yesterday. i have had mine Charge 4 since Jan 2021. customer support hasn't really helped and has just given me a 35% discount on a new watch. not sure its worth it to get a new one. 

Best Answer

Same thing happened. Started about 2 weeks ago whilst away on holiday. Battery drains in 24 hrs yet on charging is back to full after only 10 to 15 mins charge.

Best Answer

Yes...Juan. I tried.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I charged at 4 p.m. yesterday it was drained by 4:30 a.m. this morning. It has been charging now for over 30 minutes.

Best Answer

Yes, I tried all of the above before reaching out to customer support and again AFTER. it is once again dead after only sleeping with it on. Right now I am seriously looking at a different brand of fitness tracker/watch.

Best Answer

Same here...support desk said they will email me. If this isn't resolved, I can't see purchasing another Fitbit. Their longevity is an issue. I can track my steps on my phone.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. 

@Gregrr17 , Thank you for taking the time to confirm the steps and contacting Support. Please keep working with them as they already have your details. 

@efaz , Thank you for sharing your experience with Support and your feedback. 

@ekntr5 @Flareup , If you haven't done so please give our team a call or chat with them. They'll be more than glad to have a closer look at your cases. 

Here you'll find our contact options

See you around. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes I have done these things and still not holding a charge more than 1 day. The unit is not even a year old. Very disappointed. I only use it to track steps and link with my fitness pal, no notifications, no music control, auto light display … and it still is performing badly 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called them, etc.  Nothing corrected the issue.  They responded since my Fitbit was 1.5 years old, it was no longer under warranty. NOT very good business to pay almost $150 for a tracker and it has an issue the company can't fix.   Rather than receive the discount they offered, I would rather purchase a much less expensive tracker and if it fails then so be it.  I am currently looking for a cheaper tracker since it been several months and Fitbit still haven't resolved the issue with Charge 4s.  Too many people have same issue for it not to be a defect.

Best Answer

Since yesterday, my battery has also failed. At first I thought it was the heat and then I put it on the charger. I put it on to go to sleep and my battery was at 71%. But this morning it was completely flat again. I have no gps trackings on it. I have had my Fitbit for 2 years and a few months now and this is the first time this has happened. I've looked at the list of what to do, but that doesn't help me either. If you set the brightness to automatic you can't read the time at all, so that's not an option. Is the only option then to buy a new one?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought an Amazfit gts mini instead.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started to do the same thing yesterday?? Must be a common fault and they should rectify the problem 

Best Answer
Of you chat with Fitbit, you will het a 35% discount on your next purchase
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has just started doing the same thing! Drains  in the matter of hours and then won’t fully charge. This must be a fault with the product across the board as so many having this issue. FitBit must do something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just a quick question to…did you recently have a Charge 4 firmware update? If you did,what version firmware is your Charge 4?  If you scroll to settings and down to About it will give you the version number.  The reason that I am asking is my app is saying that my Charge 4 has a firmware update to install and before updating I decided to check the forum to see if there were any negative issues that others were having and have seen some recent comments that some were having blank screens or batteries draining quickly soon after an update. I love my Charge 4 and this is the 3rd one I’ve bought, my first had a blank screen and the second the connectors broke and I’m not willing to take the chance on this one if I don’t have to. I’m sorry that you are having problems, I do know what you are going through and how frustrating it can be not having issues resolved especially if you are past the warranty period. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Verdien 20001.100.43
Best Answer