Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The band has broken from the Charge 4

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received my charge 4 as a present and I have enjoyed using it up to this point. I have noticed through the forum that many people have had a strap problem as I do. The strap has broken from the watch. As it has snapped, a new strap will not fit onto the watch. This is the second fitbit that has broken and I am very upset about this. Please send a new charge 4 fitbit to replace the watch as a whole. I look forward to hearing from you.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit customer support is doing their best, but right now be prepared for longer wait times. Please be patient. Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Fitbit customer support is doing their best, but right now be prepared for longer wait times. Please be patient. Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Maybe FB is starting to see a pattern here.  Hopefully, it will start using metal, rather than plastic, attachments.

Best Answer

Same problem here Peter. Broke off while I was asleep! Completely snapped off from the watch, plastic knob broken from watch, no way to fix that I can see. Have always enjoyed this watch, but will look elsewhere for a better made product if they wont replace. I doubt they will. Quality is just not there. 

Best Answer

I'm amazed at all the reports of this happening.

Best Answer

Hi there, @nasacpa. Welcome to the Community, @SarahLaurie.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. This isn't the experience that we want you to have and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Our team constantly works on our products to improve them, and the feedback shared in the forums is always taken into consideration as it'll help us to make sure we're delivering what our users need. Please know your comments won't be the exception.

If you haven't done so, please get in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your options and provide you with further assistance. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Best Answer

Time to look at a different company? Maybe an Apple watch? My band had NEVER been removed from my watch, and it fell off while I was sleeping! 

Plastic connector is just too cheap.... Need to use some kind of metal.... I'll look elsewhere if it happens to my replacement. When will companies learn. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @SarahLaurie.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry you've had this experience with your Charge 4. Every feedback shared in the forums never goes unnoticed as it helps us to evaluate our procedures and improve our products. Your comments won't be the exception and will be passed along. Because you already have a case created, please keep the communication with our Support team so they can continue helping you with this matter.

See you around.

Best Answer

Same here,3 rd fit bit,this band on charge 4 should of made better band, really  cheap, tiny piece that connects band to watch face is lame. Walking around with it iny pocket. Thonking about supet glue to make band stay on 

Best Answer

Welcome to the club. I suspect that Charge 4 will have close 100% failure rate because of the design of a small bracket that holds a band. My original unit failed 6 months after purchase and a warranty replacement unit failed after 6 months as well. BTW it is not a cosmetic issue of seeing a gap. Visible gap is the first step of breaking apart latching bracket.

As much as I like Fitbit app I cannot use it without a functional tracker. I will vote with my feet after using Fitbit for many years.

Best Answer
Spot on
I need my fit bit so i can get discount health ins. I work at a hospital. Right now, its in my pocket to track my steps,stairs etc. Every time i buy fit bit, its always about the damm bands, therefor they need to bring down the price than, 165.00 is nuts.
You here this fit bit company

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

Same thing!  It just fell off yesterday. That little plastic just broke off!  I’m so mad. I haven’t even had this one a year. I think this is the 5th Fitbit I have had I may done!

Best Answer

They sent me another Fitbit. Arrived DOA…. Would not even charge or turn on????? Really. Say they are sending another.
I may just go buy an Apple….they are so pricey tho…..Good luck…. Keep bugging them.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Hi everyone and for the ones that are new to the Fitbit Community, welcome.

Thanks for the thorough feedback about the Charge 4. I see your point of view about this situation and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Fitbit strives to improve our products and services, and the input we received from our members is a big part of the process. Your feedback is truly appreciated and please know it won't go unnoticed.

@Jerseyangel and @Will792 If you haven't done so, please get in touch with our Support team so they can create a case for you and help you out with this matter. You can get connected with them via chat or phone by clicking here.

@SLpennell6 and @SarahLaurie Because you already have a case created with our Support team, my best advice is to keep an open communication with them so they can evaluate what can be done to bring you back on track. Please follow up with your email case should you have any further questions.

See you around.

Best Answer

Exactly what I did for awhile when my first Charge 4 strap broke at only 10 months.

The strap on my replacement came apart over this last weekend. I didn't know it right away because I had a jacket on and my Charge 4 ended up under our car at a restaurant. My husband hit it with a car tire while backing out.

Moderator Edit: Word choice

Best Answer

Hi there, @Dsthecat.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about this matter. I understand how you're feeling as this isn't the type of experience that we want you to have. Our team often reviews the Community Forums to develop improvements on our products and features based on the comments shared by our members, and yours won't be the exception. I noticed you already have a case created with our Support team, so please keep an open communication with them.

See you around.

Best Answer

Agree…same problem…a waste of money. 

Best Answer

I had to superglue mine on... not good 

Best Answer

Add me to the list of complainers.  I agree that this Fitbit 4 Charger should not have plastic parts because my Fitbit broke also when putting the band on and it's only a year old.

Best Answer

Fitbit offered a 35% discount on a new Fitbit due to irreparable band issue on Fitbit 4 if I purchased a new Fitbit within 30 days.  I researched and saw that I was able to get a new Fitbit 5 package that included an extra band at either Costco or BJ's for less money than applying the 35% at Fitbit within the 30 day period.  

Best Answer
0 Votes