Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Not Tracking Sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a Charge 5 for my wife for Christmas and it doesn't track her sleep. I now see that this is a common issue with these, something she didn't have with her Charge 3. We've tried a few suggestions, but nothing has seemed to work. One night it did start recording 4 hours after she went to sleep. Is this something that can be fixed with settings or should I just return it?

Best Answer
135 REPLIES 135

Charge 5 hasn’t recorded sleep for 3 nights. None of the recommended fixes have worked and I’m wearing the band correctly

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing. Yesterday it stopped recording my sleep at 4:04 am and last night it didn't record anything. I chatted with customer service but that was less than helpful. "If the problem persists call back"  Originally I thought a sensor had failed but seeing someone else is having the same problem I'm wondering if it's software now.  Anyway if you get it fixed let me know.

-------------

Yesterday after talking with Customer Service both my sleep recording and SPO2 weren't working. Now this morning both are magically working again. I'm thinking it was a software issue that got fixed but whatever it was I'm working again.

Best Answer

I have been following this since I have had the same issue off and on. I can usually get it working by restarting the fitbit from the device's setting menu. Today I dug into it further because daily restarts didn't seem the best way to do it.

As usual the fitbit app did not show last night's sleep info. Syncing did not help. Before restarting the charge 5 I logged into my dashboard on my computer and the info was there but still not in the android app. I made sure to completely close the app (cleared from recent apps). When I reopened the app the info was there. My conclusion is that maybe it isn't the Charge 5 with the problem but something in the app that is preventing it from fully syncing with the charge 5 or the fitbit servers. Worth a try to see if it helps you too. @DavideFitbit perhaps your tech people can troubleshoot from here.

Best Answer

Ever since the most recent iOS app update it only logs 2.5 to 5 hours of sleep, even though I’m sleeping 7.5 to 8. Nothing else has changed. Seems to be missing the first several hours of sleep and only logs the last portion.

Best Answer

Have you checked to see if your Bedtime targets set correctly? I just wonder if your bedtime target is later so the sleep tracking doesn't start when you first go to bed. You can always try chatting with customer service they seem to be able to see everything on your Fitbit.

Best Answer

I’ve never had it set before and all worked fine but can give it a try. I always turn sleep mode on as I climb into bed, though I think that’s just to keep my device quiet and doubt it does much beyond that.

Best Answer

Hi, thank you for all the details that you've shared about this inconvenience with the Charge 5. 

@JetBoatJ @Reddawgmt Let me know what are the fixes that you already tried and were not successful so far. If you haven't done so already, please complete a restart procedure following the steps listed here below: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times (end of the USB cable), pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

In addition. keep in mind that there are some factors that may prevent your tracker from recording your sleep. Please make sure of the following:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device as described in this help article.
  • If you slept for less than 1 hour for sleep patterns or less than 3 hours for sleep stages.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Please wear your device on your non-dominant hand and monitor it for the next few days. In the meantime, for the nights that don't have sleep data, you can manually log your sleep by going to the Fitbit app, tapping on the "+" icon next to the sleep tile > Add Sleep Log and entering your details. 

@YoMoore Thank you for sharing this update. It's great to know that your device is now recording sleep information properly. 

I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

My sleep data on my charge 5 doesn't sync reliably to the android app but I do see it on the fitbit.com dashboard from my Windows computer. App issue? Force closing and restarting the app on my phone usually solves the problem after a few minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m in the exact same position as you. The recording of sleep was the whole reason I got the Fitbit in the first place and  for the  last three nights it hasn’t recorded anything. None of the recommended fixes have worked. I also downloaded the latest update for my iPhone as advised by customer service. So beyond frustrated!

Can you help me? Tried all the recommended fixes including downloading the latest update for my iPhone as advised by customer service. My Fitbit still isn’t syncing or recording my sleep.

Best Answer

Hello @Laura063234 

There’s a new update to the Fitbit App, 3.54, and it seems to be fixing a lot of bugs.  If you haven’t already updated it, please try it as it might work.

Good luck!

Best Answer

I did the restart as described above (and am glad to know now this procedure exists as I’ll use it in the future as a troubleshooting step if necessary) but also noticed an app update yesterday, that I applied. One or the other seems to have solved the issue.

Best Answer

Hello Laura,

Customer Service had me go into settings on the Charge 5 and shut off Heart Rate and then sync to the app then go back into settings on the Charge 5 and turn the Heart Rate back on I don't know if you've tried that but it can't hurt when mine stopped recording sleep I also noticed the SPO2 wasn't working either. 

JetBoatJ   I'm starting to think it was a software glitch. Just seems like a bunch of people are having the issue. Hopefully, they are fixing it in an update. I do wish if it is a glitch and they know it they'd at least tell us so we're not all running around trying different fixes.

Best Answer

Known bug among many that is not being fixed. 

Best Answer

New app update doesn't fix this. However, the method I posted above does work consistently for me so I am good for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of the above is working, I am so dissatisfied with the charge 5

Best Answer

Maybe I spoke too soon. Although I am now recording sleep it cut off an hour before I got out of bed this morning. I'll have to keep an eye on it and see if it's accurate 

Best Answer

I’ve had the Charge, the Charge 2, and now for a week the charge 5. During that period I’ve owned 2 different iPhones, updated the app countless times. My sleep settings are correct. The only consistent thing is Fitbit’s inability to track my sleep. It’s extremely rare for me to get a sleep score and usually says I go to sleep around 4-5 hours after I actually do. Apparently if you roll over in the middle of the night Fitbit looses it’s mind and thinks you’ve been awake. This, by the way, is making “premium” pointless as many of the features appear tied to Fitbit’s ability to give a sleep score. 

Best Answer

Mine started this today... I talked to customer service and all they did was give me an incident number and support team member will "reach out" to me. I've already wasted 2 hours trying to get it working again... so frustrating

Best Answer

David don't you have any insight as to why everyone is having trouble with sleep recordings all of a sudden. I'm sure many people never check their sleep number so they have no idea it's not working. Mine is recording but last night it missed an hour thinking I got up at 5:30 instead of 6:30. Is there a issue with a software update that needs to be fixed?

Best Answer

I spoke too soon as well. After a couple nights since thinking it was resolved, now it seems to clipping about an hour and a half of data from both the beginning and end of each night’s sleep. This was working solidly for almost a month so I’m skeptical it has anything to do with me doing something differently.

Best Answer