Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 battery draining too fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the new Charge 5 for 2 days. The battery discharges within a day. GPS is off, the phone is not set to always on. In looking over the troubleshooting instructions from Fitbit, it seems that you essentially have to disable all of the features that were selling points of this device in order to get decent battery life. Even my ancient Charge 3 got 6 days on one charge! Has anyone with this battery problem found a solution other than disabling everything?

Best Answer
1,680 REPLIES 1,680

This is happening to me as well. My Charge 5 won't last more than 12 hours now.  After 8-12 hours it's down to <10% battery.  My charge 3 would last for many days, on the other hand.

Best Answer

I called customer service because I'm having the same issue.  I've had my new FitBit C5 for 3 days and have to charge it before 24 hours is up.  They said it is because of the updates it is receiving from the app.  So they told me to go to the app store, click the FitBit icon and see if it said UPDATE.  There was an UPDATE so I downloaded it.  They said they will keep an eye on it and if I'm still having the issue I should call them back.  Love the watch but if it doesn't last a day then it kind of defeats the purpose of upgrading from a Charge 4.  Hoping they can figure it out because it's a really nice FitBit.

Best Answer

my Fitbit charge 5 after 72 hours of first fully charged 100% - GPS-off, AOD-off

fiibit5.png

Best Answer

I bought my Charge 5 7 days ago and have had to charge it three times since then.  Is there something that could be draining the battery so quickly?

Best Answer

I have had the same issue.  The longest mine has stayed charged is 36 hours.  I turned off the clock face, otherwise it was not lasting for a full day.  I am very disappointed.

Best Answer

Still no officiellt statement from fitbit?

Best Answer

Go into the Fitbit app - click on your icon in the top right - click on the Charge - click on Apps - click on SpO2 - click on Uninstall.

I have to say - after a really good day or 2, the battery crashed on Saturday and went from 70% to dead in a day.  Have gone back to Fitbit again......

Something is not right - either a faulty batch of batteries, or there is a serious bug.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: My Charge5completely died now.  Had it less than a week.  After 30 minutes on the phone with customer service, they've kicked it up the ladder and the next higher up "will be e-mailing me".  We'll see what happens...

Best Answer

I am sending mine back, think it’s Ridiculous I have to pay $5.95 to send it back. Yet I am done with its inaccuracy and getting the run around. It’s a nice device looks wise, but usage wise it’s a dud in my book. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly what they said to me. I am persevering for a bit - I still have my old Fitbit I can fall back on if needed, and I really like the Charge5! Lets see.......

Moderator edit: content 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Thanks for your response. Very similar charging issues.  I turned the clock face to manual.  GPS to my phone.  It still is losing charge.  I am so disappointed as well. I have been using Fitbit for many years. This one seems problematic.  Uhg. 

Best Answer

I've tried a great deal of different things since last Monday, and battery would not last longer than about 25 hours. As recommended in this thread, I even uninstalled the Sp02 app and that didn't do anything to help. As a last ditch effort yesterday I cleared my user data following the instructions on https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2216.htm and set the device up again. It is currently at 94% when I charged it up yesterday afternoon, dramatically better than any previous day. The Sp02 app is still uninstalled, which is not ideal, but at least it seems the battery can actually hold a charge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So I turned the clock face to light up manually and gps to my phone. That
has helped immensely. However I am bummed to resort to that for this
upgrade. I still might ask for a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Where do you set screen to manual?

Best Answer

I was having issues. It would drop from full to 30% in 24 hours.

earlier today I went into the settings and chose the option to restart the device. That was 6 hours ago and my charge 5 is still showing 98%

Ill see what it’s like in the morning but so far it’s looking better.

Best Answer

I've had mine for a week or so; started at 70% and was able to charge up to 100% while taking it off to shower.

After a few days I noticed it started dropping drastically. Turned off SpO2 and still seemed to be dropping. Giving it a reboot seems to help.

Possibly a bug in the firmware?  Hopefully a patch drops soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me, my problem is the charge 5 draining WHILE IM IN BED SLEEPING.  I mean I wouldn't mind if my battery was draining because I had crazy sex all night but sadly this is not the reason.

Twice in the last 5 days my charge 5 was at least at 70% BEFORE going to bed, and was simply completely depleted when I woke up... 

Before you ask, yes the SCREEN WAKE is set to manual so clearly I did not turned it on by mistake while I was sleeping. 

The Charge is just going HAYWIRE, from the logs that last SYNCED, it recorded over 100 ACTIVE MINUTES while I WAS SLEEPING, must have been quite a nightmare.... 

No but seriously, I've owned a BLAZE and a Charge 4 Since 2016, wearing it EVERY NIGHT going to bed, that has never happened before.. and now twice in only as couple days with the charge 5.. what a disappointment.

Contacted support and they suggested to REBOOT the watch... HAHAHAHA wow...

Best Answer

Hi, having the same issue. I can’t see that I have set any of the options that I’d consider unusual for normal use (and the same as my Charge 3 that it replaced) but it’s only lasting 36 hours. 

Also really disappointed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tengo el mismo problema no aguanta la carga solo dura 36 horas, como solucionara Fitbit el problema ¿¿¿¿

Best Answer
0 Votes
The reboot fixed my battery drain issue. Previously after 24 hours the battery would be down to 30%.
After a charge and reboot it has been 29 hours and it is still at 86%.
Best Answer
0 Votes