Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 battery draining too fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the new Charge 5 for 2 days. The battery discharges within a day. GPS is off, the phone is not set to always on. In looking over the troubleshooting instructions from Fitbit, it seems that you essentially have to disable all of the features that were selling points of this device in order to get decent battery life. Even my ancient Charge 3 got 6 days on one charge! Has anyone with this battery problem found a solution other than disabling everything?

Best Answer
1,680 REPLIES 1,680

Customer support is zero help. Always say they are going to refer it to a higher level and I hear nothing or they give me the same canned answers. 

Best Answer

I got my new FitBit Charge 5 about a week ago.  Love it except for the battery life.   Same problem everyone describes.  I would charge it in the morning and by the next morning, it would need re-charging.  I had eliminated all the things that supposedly drains the battery but still it needed daily re-charging.  

Yesterday morning, I re-charged it because it drained during the night.  I thought I would try one more thing before calling customer service.  I went to Settings, then to Restart Device.  Success! This morning, 92%.  

Best Answer

Thank you! I did the same thing and so far it's still at 99%. Hopefully that's the answer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently in order to get the stated battery life from the Fitbit charge 5 it’s best not to use it,,,   I have had fitbits for years but this is the worst and may I add the most expensive one.  Since bought over customer service as hit rock bottom, with make sure the customer jumps through hoops policy in place. I would stay clear of the charge 5 and Fitbit.

Best Answer

A device restart seemed to have resolved this issue for me. 2 full days and charge is still in the 90% range. Now I’ll turn all the other features back on and see how it goes, but optimistic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The standard help does not work for me. The battery live is extremely disappointing... even with a lot of features switched off. And it seems Fitbit has not really an answer ...

-------------

Is this issue really answered? The link only shows to the standard "how to extend battery life" which is helpful .. but does not solve the issue even with all features switched off - battery lasts 24h max

-------------

maybe this kind of marketing works in the US.  Not in Germany, here we like to stick to promises and give solid statements: 7 days battery life!.. OK 4 would be nice as well.. but less than a day is a bit too much (well, much too short) to be tolerated

Best Answer

All

ISSUE RESOLVED!!!!

Regards

KB

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi how long are you getting from your battery? What features have you disabled? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I literally can’t remember the last time I charged it. Well over a week.

GPS on Hybrid. Everything else on default.

Rgds

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was getting less than 12 hours. It would be 100% when I went to bed and dead when I woke up. I disabled and reset numerous times before I returned it. Waiting on a replacement since Nov 22. Getting very disappointed in Fitbit with no communication from them. 

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS
Best Answer

Fitbit are showering themselves in glory in how they are handling the problem. 

need to get their head out of the sand 

Best Answer

RESTART the device.. and this really helped a lot... now battery drops only a few percent over the whole day! What a difference (still using GPS on mobile phone, no always-on display etc.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! It was like that for me, too, until I synced in the evening. It went down 4% all day, and after sync (I didn't restart) it went down 40% in the night. All features are off.Is that like you?

--------------

You need to close the fitbit app on your phone to keep it from running in the background. It also helps a lot. Restart after every sync.I've even tried these. But to last more than 3 days with everything turned off hasn’t worked yet.

Best Answer

Yes exactly the same 

---------------

Ridiculous that this has to be done real backwards step from charge 4 7 days 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Suggest rurn everything off
GPS the main thing
Mine now fine lasting 7 days now.

Check the troubleshooting comments too

Regards

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned the Charge 5 and reactivat d my Charge 4. It lasts 6-8 days.

Sent from my iPhone
Cynthia Sobkowich
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, I requested a replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Excellent!

This morning it was 92%. Now after 3:00 p.m., it is 90%.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here, been waiting since Nov 22 to hear something. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I reset Thursday mid-morning right after charging. So now on Day 2 and it’s 82%.  

Brightness = normal. 
Screen wake = manual
Screen time out = default 
Heart rate = on
Vibrations = normal
GPS = phone

I may later try to see what if anything drains battery significantly. 

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer