Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display and battery issues with Charge 5

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Suddenly many people are dealing with sudden loss of battery and black screen with no possible way to fix it. Could this have anything to do with the update? It seems not so coincidental it's all happening at the same time.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
429 REPLIES 429
I got a new charge 4 weeks ago.

Charge is good for 7 whole days. Very happy with my new one

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Did you ever receive a replacement? I’ve been waiting over 2 months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve just had that problem today.  Black screen on my charge 5. With the older version. It won’t even turn on. I recently charged it this morning to 100%.  Frustrating.  

Best Answer
Call the help at Fitbit.

They will tell you that the plug has a button, plug it into an outlet & push the button 3 times slowly. You may have to try it 3 times. If you don’t have any vibrations or it doesn’t start. Call Fitbit. They should give you a 35% discount. I have my new one for 3 weeks & it holds a charge for 7 days. Goes down to 20% & charges quickly.

Very happy with it.

PS my old one was bought 12.17.21.

Hope this helps.

Jerry

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Yes, I have received the replacement
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this issue resolved OR a solution that worked get the display back on? The steps in most relevant answer did not resolve the issue. 

I recently discovered this community after getting frustrated with the black display for few weeks. Mine is out of warranty and I think its time to switch my loyalty. My charge 2 lasted 4.5 years. This one did not even  last 1.5.

Best Answer

@Jayoo I encourage to look into recourse via Implied Warranty [if&]as applies in your jurisdiction. If it does, then inform the merchant from which you purchased your now-faukty Charge5 of your problem & expectation of a resolution (e.g. a warranty replacement, or refund.. more than 40%!).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just this morning, the battery on my charge 5 went from 100% to absolute 0% black screen in a matter of 2 hours. Used to charge it every 6 days.  I contacted support and they are sending me a replacement one for free since I’m still under warranty.  Never even had it for a year. My previous charge 4 never had that problem.

Best Answer
Thanks for information.

I hope I never have that problem.

I heard Fitbit life is only 2 to 3 years.

My wife has an old Fitbit that is over 5 years old.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening again and happened with me in the latest update the last few days. Interesting that this coincides with the announcement of the charge 6. Company says they have verified many issues with charge 5 batteries and in fact you cannot actually buy a charge 5 from the company

Best Answer

Very interesting that all of these battery issues have just started happening to everybody with the announcement of the charge 6. You cannot actually purchase any charge device on the Fitbit website at the moment. Is this a coincidence I wonder

Best Answer

Yah, it's super bs. They broke it, they fix it. And why send a 'reconditioned' 5 if they're bunk?! (if that's what they're offering). This is not acceptable, I'm far from happy with Googly-FitBit. They gaslit me beyond belief till they were willing to tell the truth, not sure if their fix will last, they've damaged their reputation big time with many Charge 5 users. No trust left.

Best Answer

Yes, it's bs, I feel majorly gaslit. Destroying the trust of users is really not the way forward for any company. What do you mean 'have verified many issues with charge 5 batteries', you mean they're admitting there are issues with the batteries? Definitely seems like a hardware issue of some kind. Either way their response is an absolute unmitigated customer relations disaster, they'll study this one in business schools for 'what not to do' it's that bad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't gotten mine yet. It's only been a few weeks, but you don't give me much hope that I will get my warranty replacement.

Best Answer

The replacement only lasts a couple of months and you'll have the same problem.

Best Answer

FitBit Google people, you need to swap these for Charge 6. Repair your disastrous hog toilet of a disaster in customer relations or lose countless, countless customers forever.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have now just being told by a Fitbit customer service rep that there is no valuable charge 5 currently available

----

Have been told just right now by a customer service rep that there is no viable charge 5 currently available

----

Now being told that there are no charge fives because there's a high demand for them at the moment and currently none available. I'm not sure if this is an accurate statement or whether they are simply forcing us to purchase the new device. I am wondering if the Better Business Bureau would be interested in hearing of this business practice

Best Answer
0 Votes

I lost trust in the brand, when they said buy a new at 30% off as my warranty expired. For no mistake of mine why should get a new one! If they are gonna do this this every release why should I go for fitbit. I think i m done with the brand. I charge it it and use without the display till it goes on. Waiting for some deals to switch to another.

Best Answer

Yes, mine broke yesterday. Battery went dead fast,and black screen.  I charged it twice. Only to have the battery go down in a couple of hours.  Screen is black.  Tried the push the button on the charger plug 3 times slowly several times and each time the logo comes on for a few seconds then gone.  I was wearing it still this morning with black screen and when I got on my lap top I saw it recorded steps.  No vibration. No nothing. I just got the email from Google the other day saying I should check out the Charge 6.  Is this their way of trying to force me to? I really like my Charge 5.

Best Answer
0 Votes
If they give you the 35% discount on 6, I would take it.

Jerry

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes