Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display and battery issues with Charge 5

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Suddenly many people are dealing with sudden loss of battery and black screen with no possible way to fix it. Could this have anything to do with the update? It seems not so coincidental it's all happening at the same time.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
429 REPLIES 429
I was offered a discount, but not allowed to use it on the 6 or several
others. I got the Versa 4. It has options I don't need or use. So far it
does what I want, tracks my steps and ties to my yes.fit app. I still miss
my charge 5 because it worked well for me until it didn't.
Best Answer
It is extremely frustrating. Even more frustrating when I see all the
marketing about how great the Charge 6 is. What a joke!!! Fitbit products
are only good until they decide that they aren't. That doesn't inspire
product loyalty. I am still researching my other options, but I will not be
purchasing another Fitbit. I have been a loyal customer since 2011, and
they are willing to throw that down the drain. Very sad!
Best Answer

Thanks, did not work. Any other steps/suggestions that may work ??

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner - Move on to another company. I chose Amazfit and have been using it for a little over a month now. Fitbit/Google is not interested in correcting their mistake that bricked so many Charge 5s.

Best Answer

It's Nov and I still have 188.58 on my charge 5. How can I update the firmware? all of a sudden my watch randomly shuts off. I've tried to reset it with the charging cable several times but same out come...randomly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are probably going to have to upgrade to the Fitbit Charge 6 or switch devices altogether. There aren't many of us who've had luck getting our Charge 5's to work since the last update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you about software and infection. I've contacted customer service twice already and both times they had me change the clock-face because they believe that may be causing the watch to shut off. If this is the case WHY put third party software on your product. I can't update the firmware because it's not available so it's either I buy the new one or go elsewhere. I could be reaching far on this but maybe they're doing this so that the devoted Fitbit consumer will buy the newest watch...That's a risk they'll have to take. I have had the charge since day one but now thinking of going elsewhere if this isn't fixed. You would figure by looking at this community page that a lot of people are having the same problem and would Fitbit offer a solution, but haven't. Btw, they offered me 50% and not 30% but I can't use it for the charge 6. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using a replacement Charge 5, activated 8 Oct, with FW 188.58.  It's been rock solid.  I have zero desire to get newer firmware.

My one tidbit learned recently is that I was seeing some issues with the C5 properly registering heart rate during exercise,  The answer for me is that I have dry skin, especially as humidity decreases heading into winter.  I put just a tiny dab of common vegetable glycerin on my wrist before a workout and it's working perfectly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI. yes I am one of those and never had this problem with other charge watches. I may be reaching on this but could it be that like many companies losing revenue after the pandemic. This is an attempt to try and get the devoted Fitbit consumer to buy the newest watch...If so many are experiencing this, why not issue a software update to fix the problem. The only fix that they offered me was a 50% which I can't use toward a charge 6. I'm rethinking my options like so many others. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This has been happening with people since June or July. Unfortunately,
Fitbit has bricked the charge fives with their update. If you're under
warranty, they'll replace it eventually when they get them back in stock.
If you're not under warranty, you might get a coupon for a discount.
They've lost a lot of customers because of this. I know I will not spend
money with Fitbit again.
Best Answer