Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDA sensors don't work on Charge 5

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

PXL_20211007_030842512.jpg

 Most of the time I get this message and the picture of where to place fingers . I've updated the Fitbit, and tried it off and on my wrist. It rarely works but most of the time the above scenario occurs. Very frustrating. Any suggestions? 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

Me too… Welcome to the future 

----------------

Thanks for the tip, licking my fingers did the trick 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Robadub Thank you for sharing that you already contacted the Customer Support team. 

Just to confirm, could you please let me know if you're able to get an EDA scan following the suggestion that @Bsab1111 mentioned here earlier? It seems this has been useful for other users as well and this information has been shared with the team so they can look into it. 

If you continue to experience the same problem, sometimes it takes a bit longer than usual to receive a response from Customer Support if they need to verify some information with a higher level if Support, but if you still haven't received a reply, I recommend that you get in touch with them again so they can let you know how to proceed. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Thank you for your reply and for all the information provided so far, @LukmanC! This information has been shared with the team so they can look into it. 

@Bsab1111 @John1989 @Daniel999 Thank you for sharing these updates! I'm sure this will be useful for other users as well.

Have a great day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried tightening the strap but had to loosen it a bit to finally get it to work. Had my husband take a photo so I remember.  Probably shouldn't be this tricky... can't load the photo, it's too big. Sorry!

Best Answer

@PEDP314 I agree with you. I brought home two Charge 5's for my wife and I two days ago.  And have since been going through the nightmare of getting these sensors to work.

The difficulty in getting a reading indicates either a sensor flaw or a bad app programing.  Since I am getting the same headache with EDA and ECG readings, I suspect bad sensor design or materials.

I hope Fitbit comes up with a fix for this. Please let me know as soon as you guys do. 

Wetting of one's fingers or twisting your hands into yoga positions is not a fix for getting a reading.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I just tried this and it finally worked!  Thanks for the tip!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try moistening your fingers. 

Best Answer

I had to lick my fingers too.  Nothing worked before that.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thank you for sharing these updates about the EDA scan. 

It's good to know that you were able to get a reading after moistening your fingers. Thank you for taking the time to share all your feedback and comments. 

However, if you're constantly experiencing this problem after all the troubleshooting steps suggested, please get in touch with the Customer Support team so they can let you know how to proceed. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! This is my second week of Fac t it Charge 5, and after I do the EDA test, there are not so many things that is showing me even in the app, only heart rate and 20-23 total responses. What does this mean?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked. Go figure.  Thanks hot the tip!!

Best Answer

I bought my Charge 5 a couple days ago and it's monitoring heart rate fine. However, when I try and run EDA, I continually get that message about  holding the device's sides, even when I squeeze for two full minutes. Worse, the device gets locked up; to break out of EDA,I have to reset the watch. What do I try next? Is the unit defective perhaps?

Best Answer

Hi, thank you for all your replies and for your inquiries about the EDA feature. 

@FitLies Thank you for sharing this information about the information you're seeing on the app. To see more details about your session, open the Fitbit app on your phone. From the Today tab, tap the Mindfulness tile > then Your Journey. 

If possible, could you please share a screenshot if the page you mentioned earlier as well? The responses are are tiny changes in the sweat level of your skin. These changes may be due to stress or other factors such as movement, noise, or temperature variations. For example, you might notice that your hands feel sweaty before you speak in front of a group of people. While your EDA response may vary, you should typically expect fewer EDA responses the calmer you are. You can find more information about this in this article

@CTOCS Welcome to the Community forums, that's good news! Thank you for sharing this update. 

@onewnan It's recommended to keep your fingers on the sides of your tracker for at least 90 seconds and remain still to get a reading. If you're still experiencing this problem, please follow the recommendations mentioned here earlier and try restarting your device using this method: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times (end if the USB cable), pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey David, thanks for your response. Wouldn't you know it, after repeated
failures, and then posting my issue, it worked the next time I tried it,
and I've now repeated that. So at worst, I've got an intermittent problem,
not a completely defective sensor. However, I don't know what I'm now doing
right--I tried all sorts of positions before. Am I supposed to grip gently
or firmly? It seems to be the latter.

As a suggestion, you might give the users feedback after ten seconds or so
if the device does not sense the grip. Like ask, "I don't sense a grip. Are
you there? Please grip both sides of the device..." It's frustrating just
sitting there for several minutes without such feedback, then just giving
up.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted a month or so ago related to the frustration of getting any sort of reading for either the EDA or ECG.

Fitbit exchanged my Charge 5 and I have had zero issues since.

I did not have to wet my fingers nor try to be a yoga instructor positioning my fingers impossibly.  Following the basic instructions were enough to obtain a successful reading.  

Ditto for my wife who experienced the same issues.

So my suggestion is if anyone has any issues with the Charge 5, contact customer service and ask for a replacement.  It is clear, you either have a good Charge 5 with appropriately installed sensors or you have a bad Charge 5.

Do not spend any time going crazy!!

Best Answer

@onewnan @jjv241 I appreciate all the feedback that you've shared about the EDA sensor. It's good to know that you're now able to get a reading or that you've received a replacement device. 

If you experience any difficulty again, please get in touch with the Customer Support team so they can provide you with further instructions. 

Thanks again for all your comments and feedback. If you have another suggestion about this feature, make sure to post this idea in the Feature Suggestion board of the Community including as many details as possible, since this section is regularly monitored by the team of developers.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me too. It was the only way that I could get it to work!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I discovered with mine that if you grip it firmly, with as much skin
touching both sides as possible, it works.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thank you for your replies, and welcome to the new users in the Community, @onewnan @Button19

I appreciate you sharing your experience with the device and with this feature in particular. I'm sure this will be useful for other users as well.  

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just tried licking my fingers and bingo.. It worked. Thanks very much. Eda now works when I do this 😊👍

Best Answer