Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop add card notification?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone has experienced how to stop the notification to add card in Charge 5?  I don’t intend to activate card in Charge 5 wallet, and it becomes annoying this notification prompts each time we sync the device.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and comments about this issue with your Charge 5 with the constant Wallet notifications and the steps that you've tried on your own to try to resolve this problem.

I wanted to let you know that this has been shared with the team so they can look into it. Although they're aware of it, they may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future and  they'll continue to monitor the situation. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products and any updates about this issue will be shared in this thread as soon as they're available. 

I'll mark this post as the Best Answer, not because this issue is solved, but so other members can know we're looking into this. Please know that your patience is greatly appreciated and the team continues to work to improve the Fitbit experience.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
248 REPLIES 248

I keep getting a message to add a card to my wallet, like 30 times a day including during the middle of the night.  Sometimes it's 3 times in 10 minutes and then sometimes none for 4-5 hours.  I do not want to add a card and don't know how to make the messages stop.  I tried customer support but all they had me do was change the clock face I was using but since the messages are not consistent, I couldn't tell if it fixed it or not but I got the message again a few hours later so it definitely did not.  It is not because I am bumping the device and making the payment screen come up and I have tried to deactivate fitbit pay but it doesn't seem to actually deactivate it.  Anyone have any suggestion or having the same issue?  It's driving me crazy.

Best Answer

Go to your short cut settings and remove the wallet from the shortcut settings

How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t see that it is an option to remove the wallet for the charge 5. I already have the payments set to off but I still get the message. 

Best Answer

Correct, you can not remove the wallet, but you can remove the wallet icon from the quick start menus. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate you responding but I cannot see anywhere in the manual where it says how to remove the wallet icon from the quick start menu so I do not believe this is an option for the charge 5. 

Best Answer

Only started on mine after the system update a few days ago. Very annoying! Like you I do not want the contactless payment option. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit Charge 5 is continuously showing a message “To Add Card go to the Fitbit App…” I don’t even use Fitbit Pay!

Best Answer

May i ask if this is resolved? I cant remove any payment option and the add card message is very very annoying. Come on you only need to ask once, not everyday!

Long term fitbit user since Flex. Some behaviors are rude.
Best Answer

Unfortunately, no, mine has not resolved.  I still get the message daily but it is no longer in the middle of the night and only a few times throughout the day instead of a few times per hour.  Still very annoying but better than it was.

Best Answer

I think it happens whenever i sync or charge the device, which is so annoying. Can fitbit stop selling this add card function as there’s no payments available in my country anyway. 

Have been asking this too. Very annoying!

Best Answer

Thank you, Edmond.  Seems need to find a way to report back to Fitbit.

Best Answer

Just starting having the same issue today after doing the latest update. Tried to do the restart using the charger cord but it still keeps vibrating and going to the add card screen. I also have never used this function of the Charge 5. Wonder if it is a bug in the new update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also get that screen popping up regularly. I would not even consider putting credit card information into a device that seems to activate functions without prompting. The obvious concern is that it could activate the card data by itself. I wish we had the option to disable functions we don't ever use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever find a way to fix this?  Mine is doing the same thing. 

Best Answer

Hi Edmond,

The support asked me to try going into the online dashboard (www.fitbit.com) and Log In > Settings (the gear icon in the top right corner) > Click "Charge 5" on the left side> Scroll down to Fitbit pay and click "Fitbit Pay" > "Deactivate Fitbit Pay".

I have done so just now.  Hopefully this will stop the notification to add card in wallet in Charge 5.

Apparently the deactivate steps again doesn't help.  So annoying!

---------------

I will keep sharing what I am told to do.  The support asked to try these.  I did.  Let's wait if the prompt will come back again.  This time, below action is to erase user data in our Charge 5.  So we need to make sure we sync the latest to Fitbit app.  After that, we proceed to clear user data and pairing it back to app.

We'll have to try some other troubleshooting steps to rectify it. We recommend trying the clear user data tips. To do so, see: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2216.htm. Then set up the device again by following the steps here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873.htm.

Best Answer

If you read the news there are rumors that Fitbit pay is either being integrated into google wallet or being replaced all together with google. No info on if it will come to older devices like the v3 or sense. But with people having issues something going on ahead of tomorrow(08/24) press event announcing new watches.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  I didn't hear about this and only google it now.  You're right about the acquisition by Google and the process has been done by Jan 14, 2021.  With that, I guess the combine on google wallet may be true.  Whatever it happens, I hope the Charge 5 is worth to use still.  I just purchase this not long ago.  Wonder what would happen tomorrow.

Best Answer

No, unfortunately I never found a way to fix this issue. And Fitbit doesn’t seem to resolve this either! This is my first Fitbit and probably my last one, due to this kind of issues!

I guess this is a bug from one of the last updates. But I don’t see a way to fix this…

Best Answer

@han88fia thanks but it still pops up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes