Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Charge 5 Does Not Record Sleep Score

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I upgraded(?) my Charge 3 to a Charge 5 in mid February.  After almost 2 months of use, my Charge 5 has only recorded my sleep score on 6 occasions.  My Charge 3 was almost flawless.

I’ve called customer service 6 times, spoke to 2 supervisors, provided 3 case numbers, and my case was raised to a “higher level”.
I received an email from the”higher level” on April 4, 2022.  In addition to being referred to a link that I had already researched, they asked me to respond to a couple of questions.  I responded to the questions, but never received a reply.  Today, April 15, I sent a follow up email regarding my concern only to be told that Fitbit customer Service is no longer excepting questions by email.

I’ve been told twice to reboot. I’ve been told to change sensitivity setting and to try on different arms.  I’ve been told to tighten the band.  I’ve been told loosen the band. And, I’ve been referred to a couple of links which provided useless, redundant information.

If someone out there in Fitbit Land has a solution, PLEASE let me know.  I can’t get a refund because I bought on Amazon.  My request for a replacement falls on deaf eyes.  

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, thank you for sharing the some of you are still experiencing issues with Sleep Score and for all the feedback provided so far. 

It seems that most of you have already tried all the steps shared in the forums to try to resolve this problem. If you're new to this thread, make sure to exhaust all the troubleshooting steps mentioned here earlier. Please note it's important to confirm that the Fitbit app and device firmware are updated to the latest version available as well. 

Since the majority of users have already contacted the Support team for further assistance, I will go ahead and close this thread. If you're still having this problem after the recommended steps, please get in touch with the Customer Support team or make sure to continue the communication with them if you already have a case created, so they can provide you with the next steps. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Charge 5 unrelated to sleep score, I invite you to start a new topic on the community or find a related topic.

Thanks again for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
42 REPLIES 42

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Vertualagent.

I appreciate all the details that you've shared with us about the problem you're experiencing with your Charge 5.

It seems that you already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps that can be found in the forums to try to resolve this problem with the sleep score. I've proceeded to send your information to the Customer Support team again so they can send a reply to your last emails and provide you with the next steps. You should be receiving a response soon, so please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Thank you for taking the time to share all your feedback and experience with the device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I received a follow up email from the Fitbit Team this afternoon. Unfortunately, I found the babble it spewed to be nonsensical. The author said basically that because their test indicated my Charge 5 was unable to function properly (could not detect a consistent heart rate pattern throughout the night, a replacement was not an option. Puzzling because why would I even need a replacement if the Charge 5 did work properly. By the way, I‘be set up my old Charge 3 under a separate email and it continues to work flawlessly relative to a complete sleep score.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am having the same issue! While it transfers the heart rate data, the sleep score isn’t recording. It’s such a bummer because I bought this watch to track my sleep. I have rebooted and I have re-added my watch so far. It keeps showing everything else but the sleep. 

Best Answer

Hi exactly same scenario. Charge 3 no issue Charge 5 continuing issues with sleep stages & score. I took it back and swapped over for a replacement. Works sporadically. The only ongoing fix that seems to work is to reset your charge 5 tracker then delete your last sleep log, I do this on my phone app, then add the bed and awake times again. See if it works the next morning after syncing. I have had to do this too many times over the last month. Might get refund and get a Samsung watch which takes BP also. Over the instability of Charge 5. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t know if it helps, but if you have an item not working as expected, you should be able to get a replacement/refund from Amazon, as the seller. It’s only two months old so they should repkace at least. Try it and see. 
Pete

Best Answer
0 Votes
Exactly!! I’ve been back and forth with customer no service regarding my Charge 5 since March 1, 2022 regarding the sleep score issue. My last email “from the higher level” again told me to do another reset (at least my 4th). Used the last 3 nights AGAIN with no sleep score. THERE HAS TO BE A PROBLEM WITH MY CHARGE BECAUSE MY CHARGE 3 CONTINUES TO WORK FLAWLESSLY.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Calm down mate, you'll do yourself no good. Have you contacted Amazon yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It took a few weeks for me to get through my pea brain that I was being sucked into an endless cycle of “pass the buck”. After I had spoken to 3 Fitbit customer service representatives, 2 supervisors, and received 2 case numbers, with my case being “raised to a higher level”, I reached out to Amazon and learned that my return window closed on March 18, 2022.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Yep hearing you

Best Answer

The software just needs to be sorted. Easier said then done

Best Answer

Sadly this seems like an uncommon problem it is a shame I thought fitbit was a reliable company.

Best Answer

So, I tried their suggestion about force-quitting the fitbit app. It worked! The watch connected to my app immediately after that. If anyone doesn't know how to force-quit the app, just google your phone model. I have iPhone 12, and all I had to do was kick the fitbit app out from my open applications (when you see multiple windows open, just kick it out). I hope it helps someone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The return window in Amazon is just for “normal” returns, like if you change your mind.

Consumer law in UK gives a lot of protection, so I would use that with them-I’ve done it many times over the years when a product fails, certainly this is within the guarantee period.

good luck

Best Answer

good luck with that I purchased a phone that was advertised as dual sim I did not need too use that feature at the time and when I did I found it was not dual sim (the international ones are not the Australian ones) Amazon told me tough luck and Samsung refused to deal with me as it was purchased from Amazon. I ended up with a phone that did not do what i wanted. I am not going to bother contacting Amazon it is not worth the effort and from what I have read FitBit will be not help but I may try.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thank you for your replies, and welcome to the new users in the Community. 

Thank you for sharing that you've been having the same problem with your Charge 5. 

Before considering other options, could you please confirm if you're receiving sleep stages? Keep in mind that you must see sleep stages in order to see a sleep score. If you see sleep stages but don’t see a sleep score, please note that it may take a few minutes for your sleep score to appear. In addition, for better results please try to let the device detect that you're awake or asleep by itself rather than doing it manually and make sure to keep the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version available. 

The Charge 5 may need some days to collect some information (particularly regarding to heart rate) and provide sleep score, sleep stages and other data. Make sure that you've also tried the restart procedure described here and check if you continue to experience the same problem. In case the problem is related to the Fitbit app, please try the following as well: 

• Log out from the app.
  • Clear Cache for the Fitbit app in your phone's settings.
  • Restart your phone.
  • Log back in to check if you're able to see your data properly.

If you continue to have the same problem or if you already have a case created with the Support, please make sure to continue the communication with them so they can provide you with the next steps or let you know if there are any options available for you. Click here to get connected

Hope this helps, I'll be around. 

Best Answer

Hi

Thanks for the tips. I gave let the device do its thing rather than manually controlling it. All was fine until just over a week ago when the Readiness score stopped with a message saying “wear your device”. 
i rebooted the Charge 5 and I now have  Health metrics back but still no Readiness score. 
I have worn it since January and it’s been really useful until now, but at least I can see a sleep score and all items in Health metrics. 
it would be good to have it working properly before I renew my subscription. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello:

I also have had problems with sleep recording and score, for several months.  A little personal information here, but it might be useful to you.  I discovered that my sleep time was correctly recording while I was on vacation, but not at home.  Huh?  I realized a couple of days ago that, while on vacation, I generally did my bathroom walk in the middle of the night, then returned directly to bed.  Reading maybe 10 or 15 minutes to get back to sleep.  When home, it's been my habit (yes, habit) to take my walk, then retire to the living room for an extensive reading session, perhaps some computer time, and snacks. The Charge 5 was consistently recording my sleep from the time I went back to sleep, and eliminating the sleep time, from the time I originally went to bed to the time I got up for my bathroom visit.  I thought a couple of days ago "Maybe that's the difference?".  So, I stayed up late three nights ago, woke up for my visit, and returned right back to bed.  No reading, no snacks.  Voila!  All my time was recorded, including the awake time in the middle of the night getting back to sleep.  Tried it again the night before last.  Again, perfect. I thought I had the problem solved, in addition to a return to healthy sleep habits.  Tried it again last night, same routine, and, darn it, only the time after I returned to bed recorded.  I didn't mention that three days ago I did a restart.  So, I'll try a restart tonight.  The saga continues...

Best Answer
0 Votes
GREAT NEWS.

I finally got a resolution to my no SLEEP SCORE issue. After I wore my Charge 5 for almost 2 months with, only 3 or 4 sleep scores recorded, made a half dozen telephone calls to THE FITBIT TEAM, spoke with 2 supervisors, received 3 case numbers and even tried running around naked in circles patting my head and stomach at the same time, without results, I mailed my Charge 5 back to Amazon yesterday and reactivated my Charge 3.

BAM, I woke up this morning with a sleep score.

I’m taking a hit on the restocking fee, but, as a senior citizen, time is money and I’m not wasting anymore time and cutting my losses. Nothing personal, but I’m not impressed with Fitbit customer service and will shop elsewhere in the future.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

It is such a shame a company like FitBit does not look after it's customers and is happy to sell what is clearly faulty goods. Glad you got some of your money back. I won't shop with them again and will post my experience on every rating site to hopefully warn some others.

Best Answer