Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 6 keeps saying Download Fitbit app

ANSWERED

I'm trying to start my new fitbit charge 6. I downloaded the app. The Fitbit is linked to the app. The Fitbit keeps saying: download the Fitbit mobile app.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Unplug charger 3 times in 8 seconds. I tried everything and this only thing that worked.

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Thanks for your posts about setting up your Fitbit Charge 6. 

For those of your experiencing issues setting up the device, please take a look at this article (Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?) and try these steps:

1. Fully charge your Fitbit Charge 6 
  2. Restart your Charge 6. Please use the charging cable method described in the article.
  3. Make sure the Fitbit app is updated on your phone.
  4. Force close the Fitbit App on your phone
  5. Forget any Fitbit devices from the Bluetooth settings
  6. Turn off the Bluetooth, and then turn it back on
  7. Retry the Charge 6 Setup process.

Here you have the specific instructions for the restart. Please give it another try

• Connect your device to the charging cable.
  • Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times within 8 seconds, holding each press for about 1 second.
    - Timing is key.
  • Wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.
    - Note: If the device doesn’t restart, wait 15 seconds and try again.

I would try the restart until you see the logo on the display and try the setup again. Thank in advance. 

For those of you who are already in contact with support, please stay in touch with them. They will provide you with a resolution. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

l had the same problem, rather than using the app on my phone I downloaded the app app on my iPad then it allowed me to connect to the iPad, then updated the Fitbit, I opened the app on my phone and it connected by pressing the icon at the top left corner. Everything worked.

Best Answer

Ok, so...worst installation ever on any device I've owned. Charge 5 was easier.  Kept getting the install fitbit app and tried a lot of the posted solutions and couldn't get it to work. I was frozen in that mode.  The reboot charger method did nothing. I couldnt get the watch to reboot.  Well, I figured out another way.  Press and hold the button on the side till you get a feedback buzz - it takes about 3 seconds.  Once you get that feedback buzz, release the button amd hit again quickly and a screen on the watch face should show something along the lines of "this will remove all data and phone data."  Use the screen to choose OK.  Once I did this, everything synced and updated properly.  If this doesn't work, turn off bluetooth on phone, uninstall then app.  Reinstall and try my method above again. You see, I got frustrated and just started holding the button and pressing uncontrollably numerous times and found this method by accident.  Hope this helps someone. 

Best Answer

I got mine today and had a problem it kept saying download deleted all and started again this time I went further down page and agreed terms and conditions and then everything carried on till all was complete. All seems fine but it now says there is one part it couldn’t down load I can only assume at this moment it’s something about ladies monthly’s or to take the free six ? Month trial which I’ll never need as I only want the basic health check plus daily steps. Good luck

----

Not sure if this is the answer but the charge 6 doesn’t read floors hence download not complete. Floors has now been removed by Fitbit? all works fine 🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bonny65 - the CH6 doesn’t have an altimeter, so no floors. This hardware was removed from the Charge 5 as well - presumably to add the onboard GPG hardware; I was hoping it would be added back to the CH6, but no joy. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

With all the complaints about how fitbit mis-calculates floors  andI that the hardware should be remived. I  was surprised on how many looked at the count. The only time i got floor counts was on a windy day. 

Best Answer

I had Fitbit inspire 2 and the app on my iPhone for a few years. In my phone’s App Store, Fitbit was up to date and charger 6 after installation was updated in the Fitbit app. tried everything here, didn’t work.
I googled the problem “download the fitbit mobile app” and tapped Install button for the result from App Store for “Fitbit: Health & Fitness”. Do it from the browser. Once done, go to Fitbit app, tap on the devices icon and update charger 6. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Uninstall all fitbit apps, reboot phone, and reinstall the app. Then set
up your charge 6. If charge 6 not recognized, press the HARD TO SEE button
on the USB cable - the part that plugs into the charger. Press 3x in 1
second intervals and the fitbit will reboot itself. Also make sure
Bluetooth is enabled. If it doesn't work, let me know.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi hopefully all sorted through Fitbit thanks
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried every response here on these pages to the charge 6 issue of not connecting to the Fitbit app on my iphone and nothing worked. I then pressed the tiny button on the left narrow side of the tracker face a couple of times, until the face of the unit displayed a message saying something like continuing will clear the data. I then scratched my head until I realized you could use your finger to slide the message up to display a clear button. It was either a hammer or a finger and when I used my finger the data apparently cleared. I then went into my Fitbit app and in the upper left side used the function to add a new device. Like magic the bluetooth connection worked, my device was connected and started updating the charge 6. After about 10 minutes of loading, installing and going through the setup everything works like advertised. I don't mind spending 4 hours trying to set this charge 6 up when it took me less than a minute to set up my Inspire 2 a couple of years ago 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried so many solutions but this suggestion WORKED - thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes