Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 6 keeps losing Bluetooth connection with iPhone

ANSWERED

Hi, I've just got the new charge 6 for nearly 3 weeks now. Previously I had charge 2 and 4. It's a nice upgrade from 4 however the bluetooth connectivity is horrendous! Once a week I get a message to "Forget This Device" from the bluetooth list and pair it again with my iPhone (12 mini). This is such an inconvenience and I never had this issue with my charge 2 and 4. Is there any software update to resolve this issue? Thanks

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

Agreed - despite several recent updates to the Fitbit app, the problem hasn’t been resolved and it’s unhelpful to see the thread marked as answered when the answer clearly doesn’t resolve the issue.
Assuming that from the numerous reports on this thread and others, Fitbit/Google are aware of the issue, it would be helpful to at least acknowledge it and either provide some genuinely helpful support that fixes it permanently or a send us a free replacement Fitbit of a type that provides the functions we’ve paid for. Having so many users complaining surely can’t be good for sales or the credibility of the brand!

Best Answer

Rodrigo,

Ive had 2 Charge 6's. The first one was returned and replaced but the second one has the same problem. The bluetooth will drop its connection to my iPhone and not reconnect until I manually reconnect. So I'm constantly missing phone calls (and other things) because I'm not getting the notifications on my watch. Has there been a resolution for this yet? Please help!

Best Answer
This is over for me. Bluetooth and Fitbit simply don’t get along.

Switched to Garmin.

Martin Juan
Best Answer

I have recently bought a Fitbit Charge 6 and I am having the same issues as everyone else on this page has mentioned.  Everything is up to date on Iphone and Fitbit yet it just randomly isn't connected.  I have checked the bluetooth connection on phone and it sometimes shows it is connected and it still doesn't give me my notifications or sync.  When I try to sync it when this happens it doesn't sync.  After many attempts it might sync or you have to turn off bluetooth and turn back on or close app and reopen.  I have tried all the recommendations for fixing this problem listed on this page but none of them help.  I have had several other Fibit watches and have never had this problem with the others.  Fitbit needs to get this fixed or I will returning my Fitbit and  switching to a different company for my fitness tracker.  It's ridiculous that this has been an issue for many, many months and Fitbit can not find a solution.   

Best Answer

Again, this solution doesn’t work. I also just realized the “Find My Phone” feature on the Charge 6 doesn’t even work.

I’m sitting here with my Charge 6 manually re-paired with my iPhone and selected “find my phone” on the Charge 6 and it couldn’t ping my phone literally next to it.

This device is a waste of money.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay I think this watch is awful.

I literally bought one last week (after having one that didn't work) like you it would lose BLUETOOTH connection and then the final straw.... it wouldn't; charge. What a joke. I am never buying one again. I'm crossing to the dark side. Apple watch here I come!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I replied to a post in another thread, but I'll reply here as well. I have similar problem. Several times a day Bluetooth has to be turned off/on for it to sync. This started right after the phone was changed to a Motorola moto g14 with android 13. The old phone with an earlier android version works without problems. So in this case, it seems that the issue is related to the Fitbit app when running on Android 13. The charge 6 is almost brand new.

Fitbit version 4.16.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried these steps. Even when everything is connecting the fitbit fails to vibrate. Of course I have checked all of my settings. I have been consistently trying now for about 6 months. I am now throwing my fitbit charge 6 in the trash. Let me know when you start making fitbit charge3 again, and I will buy one of those. Unless that happens I am done with fitbit. Be well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Furthermore, the connectors fail a dozen times a day. Worst idea ever for keeping the device securely locked. And it NEVER EVER EVER tracks stairs. Ever. Not one starir tracked in the entire time I have worn the charge6. It’s really terrible. I am actually shocked after having a reliable charge3 for 4 years that consistently worked right, and never came disconnected once from itself while wearing it. For the love of pete, please come up with a better way to connect the straps to the device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up too. It’s just a terrible device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s an awful product!!!
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Throwing mine away. Terrible device. Worse connectors for the straps. 6 months of it failing in dozens of ways. Goodbye frustrating garbage. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am with you!
So sick of it!!!
Moved onto Apple Watch which I hated doing but it charges quickly and never loses Bluetooth!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

That the charge 6 (and 5) doesn't tracks stairs is expected because it has no hardware for it. There is no altimeter in these.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It got worse and worse. In the end it was not possible to synchronize without restarting the mobile. After each restart it only works for a short time.

I dug into this further and soon realized it's not just Fitbit that has issues with Android 13. It's very widespread.

I installed a BLE scanner and could see that the Charge 6 was "Bonded" but not "Connected". After restarting the mobile, it was both "Bonded" and "Connected", but only for a short while.

But now it seems to work! The issue was solved by clearing the Bluetooth cache in the mobile phone. Note that forgetting/clearing paired devices in settings was NOT enough. It must be done via the system settings.

It now works flawlessly and syncs instantly. And then even the Charge 6 is not paired. It doesn't seem necessary. And I'm not going to try now because it works perfectly fine without it. So, for now it is only "Connected, but not "Bonded". 

Most of the posts seem to apply to the iPhone, but maybe it might be possible to solve the issue in a similar way. I do not know.

Best Answer
0 Votes