Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find my phone feature

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

The competitors have a feature called "Find my phone". It is a very simple thing and very usefull. If you lost your phone there should be an option "Find my phone" on the Fitbit wristbands that will enable a sound to your phone to easily find it.

Please implement it via firmware/software updates an all wristbands and smart watches!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That be wonderful @daniionescubv

Feel free to add your suggestions to the 'Feature Requests' Sub Forum, where users can vote, add comments,.. if there's a certain interest then there's a chance the developers pick it up and it'll be developed.

Important to prevent duplicates Search if the idea already has been suggested and add your vote / comment! Smiley Wink

Feature Suggestions

Click here to add new suggestion

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63

That be wonderful @daniionescubv

Feel free to add your suggestions to the 'Feature Requests' Sub Forum, where users can vote, add comments,.. if there's a certain interest then there's a chance the developers pick it up and it'll be developed.

Important to prevent duplicates Search if the idea already has been suggested and add your vote / comment! Smiley Wink

Feature Suggestions

Click here to add new suggestion

Best Answer

I definitely second and agree with the suggestion of adding this feature of the Fitbit to be able to find your phone!!

I have the Fitbit Alta HR, and I am constantly losing my phone and usually have the volume turned off since I take a lot of pictures with it.

My husband has the Garmin Vivosport and it can find his phone. I really, really, really wish my Fitbit could do the same. Please, please add this feature!  

I am actually even thinking about switching to a Garmin with this feature if Fitbit does not implement it. 

Best Answer

Hey, I actually made a work around.

If you set up switchr and then install the app on your phone you can actually make your own find phone button.

Get the IFTT app on your phone.

Set up a new applet.

Use the trigger webhook and the action call phone. Make sure you're using your own number.

Go to services on IFTT and go to webhook. Find your key.

In the fitbit app go to the switchr settings and add a new button.

Make the url:

https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/{event}/with/key/{key}

Make sure you make the event the one you made and the key you got from webhook.

If you want, use switchr to make a button that turns volume to max.

Then you can call your phone from your watch.

You're welcome peasants.

Best Answer
Awesome. I will try to give it a shot. Thanks a lot for sharing! I am
forever losing my phone!
Best Answer

Hi! I’m not tech savvy. I thought I followed your instructions correctly but I still can’t get the command to actually call my phone. Have you made a video tutorial for this on YouTube by chance?

Best Answer

One issue might be that your fitbit watch is not connected to wifi.

Try using the fitbit app to connect it to wifi so it can use the webhook.

I actually ran into this ussue in my yard and don't think there is a work around.

Still works around the house when wifi is properly configured though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see this is on the HR and Ionic fitbits, can't seem to delete this question though.  Sorry.

Hi Hal_9000  I can't seem to get the switchr app installed on my fibit Charger 2.  Do you by chance know how to do this?  Also I have tried searching through youtube, do you have a video of how to do this?

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Set your fitbit up to control your music. If you can't find your phone turn on the tunes.

Best Answer

This saved me from loosing my phone like a month ago... sadly, with the new update it seems that you can’t start the music anymore, only control it once the phone is playing

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please add a Find My Phone app. I originally had a different watch for fitness and I'm getting used to the Fitbit Versa. I found the Find My Phone app extremely beneficial. I almost returned this watch because it didn't have that.

Best Answer

It says this has been resolved but I don't see the solution.  I don't want to download another app that i wont use but have to manipulate to find my phone.

Best Answer

That’s not the point, I lost my phone while hiking and was able to find it cause I started the music from my fitbit, with the last update it’s not possible to start the music, it only allows control once you start playing on your phone. We need an app to play a sound on the phone by Bluetooth signal or at least allow to start playing music again like before.

Your suggestion is not relevant to the thread.

Best Answer

This is not a solution. At best, it's a deferment, at worst it's a brush off.

Best Answer

Totally looking forward for this essential feature as well.

Best Answer
I have been told that this was solved, however, it us a convaluted work around where you need to download a couple of apps. I am very dusappointed at this point. I do enjoy this watch though.

God Bless,Deborah
💖 "+" 💖
Best Answer

This post was from 2016 and it's now 2018 and STILL no "Find My Phone" feature. I can live without GPS since I always have my phone with me and the upcoming Charge 3 seems like the best fitness tracker based on what I need (personally) BUT it would be even better if it had a "Find My Phone" feature because I keep forgetting where I placed it especially when I'm folding laundry 🙃

Best Answer

I am not tech savvy! Hopefully there will be a simple way soon. Lol

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Good to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm very happy to let you know that the Find My Phone feature is now under consideration as you can see on the Feature Suggestion here.

Keep in mind that this doesn't mean that it will be for sure implemented but that it's being analyzed and that there is a possibility that we can have something like this in a near future.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I am very sad about this missing function. Also about missing date on the screen. And the screen locks after 2 or 5 seconds. It is my first smart watch and the son's Xiaomi Amazfit Bit looks more comfortable option than mine... 

Best Answer