Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit froze during update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge HR froze last night during update. ☹️ now not functioning at all. Had bar across screen half is shaded and half clear with an exclamation mark at times. 😩

Best Answer
70 REPLIES 70

try deleting it from your bluetooth and reloading.  The instructions are above^ .  I couldnt follow them exactly, but I deleted the bluetooth and it automatically reloaded and started to update. Now back to normal.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you ACG ! My fitbit is working again as well!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, yes that method worked for me and mine is fine again.
Thank you for taking the time. 👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gyula

Nice to hear your up and running. 

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

Geez, Mine froze updating also ... Thanks for all your feedback. I was able to reset it and it is now working again. I wonder why the update froze so man of our fitbits ... doesn't seem to be good, updating. Next time I may think twice before doing so.  Thanks for all your comments o I could problem solve..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem. Downloading a required update . Frozen . Will not restart . I .should have gone out for a run . 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s not good is it.
However mine is ok now. I switched off Bluetooth on my phone and also told the phone to forget the device. When I switched the Bluetooth back on it found it immediately, finished the update which took a couple of minutes and it was fine thereafter! The battery needed charging, that was all.
Good luck with yours.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

When I did the chat, the guy working with me went step by step to try to solve the issue.  Still didn't work so they're sending me a new one.  Have you tried a customer service chat?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I didn’t, but mine is working fine now. It’s a frustrating glitch! 😉

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much. I had the same issue, and your fix worked. I am back in business and didn’t even lose any data. You rock!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am glad you are up and running 🏃🏿‍:female_sign: again!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my hr in October and had the same thing happen I got a new fit bit the end of October and just did an update in December and the same thing again frozen half way done update and an exclamation mark.😡😡😡😡😡😡

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try forgetting the device in your phone. Switching off Bluetooth. Turn Bluetooth back on and it may be ok. Mine was. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi mate,

thank you so much for the valuable points. Mine is updated and working perfectly now.

thank you 

Noble

Best Answer
0 Votes
Will try thanks for the suggestion

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much, this fixed my fitbit 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Froze half way thru now will not operate. Shows line half loaded. Now what. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try forgetting it from blue tooth and also delete from app. Then add back

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes