Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem 400

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I had an old Fitbit hr and it broke so the. I got a new one and I'm trying to set up but then a message pops up says 400. I don't know what to do?
Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Try logging out of the app and back in.

--- Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
Flex (Christmas 2014), ChargeHR (Christmas 2015). Wife is using the Flex now! Nope, that Flex has died. Alta ordered 12/15/16 as Flex replacement. So far, she likes it. Nope, alta battery only lasts 2 days, started at 7. Support contacted 12/7/17. Hope warranty covers it.
Best Answer
I tried and it still popped up
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lovingweasel12 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I've seen this issue before and most of the times it happens because the Fitbit app is not updated to its latest version.

I recommend updating the Fitbit app to its latest version and then try the set up process for iOS devices once again:

- Check out that your iOS device's Bluetooth is turn on.

- Make sure that your iOS device has Internet connection (Wi-Fi or cellular data).

- Your tracker has been charged for at least 2 hours prior this process.

- Your device is running the latest version of the Fitbit app.

After that you can continue with the Setup process:

• Open the Fitbit app and tap on "Join Fitbit" if you haven't created a Fitbit account yet and follow the instructions provided there. Or tap on "Log in" and enter your credentials.
  • If you tapped on "Log in", you will need to tap on the "Account tab" in the main Dashboard and tap on "Set Up a Device" you will see the list of Fitbit trackers, tap the one you're setting and follow the instructions provided.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Seems like this is a common issue amoung users here.  I have no problem using my Fitbit, using the App on my iPhone, or using the App thru the website.  They are all synced.  I just constantly see the message "Email verification required" all the time in both places.  I hit resend and I get nothing.  Again, no problems, but this is just annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BobBocaFL thanks for joining us! That doesn't sound like normal behavior at all. I'd like to request a screenshot about it so that I can post the proper troubleshooting steps. Have you checked that you app has been updated to its latest version? Do let me know! Just out of curiosity, are you also receiving the Problem 400? 

Also, check your email (including the spam folder) to verify if an email verification is required. Double checking never hurt anybody. Smiley Happy 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I have purchased a charge 2. I was thinking of giving a friend of mine the flex. Can she pair with her phone right away. How does that work. I have removed from my account. Hopefully it will work fine for her. How would she update it ?  Thanks for your help. Hopefully it will work out. For her and work fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dothework thanks for joining us. Great question! 

The only thing your friend has to do is to set up  your old Flex to her own Fitbit account. For steps on how to do so, click here

Good luck and keep me posted with the outcome! Smiley Happy Heart 

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I started the setup before charging the fitbit. I used a dongle (Windows 10) that connected with a pin and It did setup and then said it had to update. After a few minutes, it failed. Said Try Again. Now it always fails and hooking the charger up does nothing that I can tell. No vibe, no message. But I will leave it on the charger cord a couple hours (the charger cord does work since I tried it on another Charge 2) and see. Any other advice? What if the failed update left it in limbo? Any chance of that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to our new friend @cjack9! I apologize for the long delay in my response. I wanted to step in and check if you have been able to set up your Charge 2 by now?

Do confirm this for me please. Looking forward to your new comments! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Yes. Let it charge all night and by morning, I was able to complete setup and update. Thanks 

Best Answer

My fitbit alta HR has been syncing fine for the last 2 weeks and now will not connect to the app.  I have deleted the app and reinstalled, restarted the fitbit 3 times, turned blue tooth on and off multiple times...what next?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Make sure it has not already Bluetooth synced to another device in your possession...like trying to sync it to an iPhone when it is presently synced to an iPad for example.

Chuck

Sent from my iPhone, cjack
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I’ve checked and it’s not!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@margheritawatt thanks for the update! I recommend checking out this post with further troubleshooting steps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi I read all of the post here and related links before posting my concern on why I can't sync my Fitbit Alta HR to any of my device. Read all of the steps carefully but still not synced. Something tells me this product suck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Richard.Ryan08 welcome aboard! That doesn't sound like normal behavior. When you charge your tracker what does it do? Does the screen light up or anything at all?

Have you checked that the devices you're trying to set up your tracker to is compatible? If you haven't already please check this list. After that I recommend following the set up process listed in this post.

Good luck and keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

All of a sudden none of my devices bluetooth could find my Fitbit Alta HR.  I have been struggling with this for a week.  This article solved my problem.

Thanks a Bunch!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit hr has just stopped syncing, ive rebooted, made sure updated app everything just will not sync since 18th feb

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have a charge 2. Tired everything given on forum but nothing seems to work. The closest I have reached is connecting as new device, but how can i input 4 digits as the screen is stuck and nothing is happening.

Can anyone help for immediate resolution please.

Best Answer
0 Votes