Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge "com.fitbit.HTTP error 500." Error when connecting for first time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, heres the story. I got this Fitbit charge off a friend, and because it had steps, calories burned etc, when I synced this Fitbit the first time to my iPhone 6 it synced fine, but added steps and miles walked, etc. to my account and I had to delete my account to reset the stats.

Fast forward to midnight when the Fitbit resets the step counter, and all the other things it keeps track of. Now I'm trying to sync to the phone. I get through the process to the point of entering in the "number i see on your charge" which is the 4 digits. I enter this code and receive the following error:

Spoiler

Error

The operation couldn't be completed.

(com.fitbit.HTTP error 500.)

I'm assuming that this means that there is something wrong with the fitbit servers and not necessarily my Fitbit, or my phone.

Here's the steps I've taken so far to try and fix the issue

1. Connect via Wifi, and Cellular data to try and see if one or the other made the error go away.
  2. Restart the Fitbit by connecting via USB Charging Cable, and holding the button on the side for 10-12 seconds until the Fitbit logo and firmware version number appears
  3. Restart my phone using the "hard shut off" mode (hold down the power button and home button until apple logo appears) and also the "soft shut off" mode (using just the power button and swiping right)
  4. Made sure that my iOS version was up to date
  5. Made sure that my Fitbit App was up to date
  6. Turned off bluetooth, and turned it back on
    1. "Forgot" the charge device in my bluetooth "history" so i was getting a "fresh" connect

So far, since trying to trouble shoot this issue, like i stated before I believe this is an internal server error on Fitbit's side and not my own. Going to bed for now, with the fitbit on in hopes that it will still track my sleep even though it's not connected to the app. Maybe the issue will be resolved when I awake. Will provide an update tomorrow. See you in 8+ hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes
114 REPLIES 114
So did it finally work?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cheyennewilson wrote:

Did you delete your account wait 48 hours then set up your account again or just wait 48hours after setting up the account to then finish setting it up if you get me. Having this exact problem 😞

I just got it yesterday and set up a new account. The new account does the same thing so I guess I’ll wait another day and try the new account again. For now I’m just rocking my old charge 2 since it let me add that right back to my account after taking it off. Customer service rep I talked to yesterday said Fitbit system not allowing new devices to sync to iOS right now and they have techs working on it so they weren’t very helpful just told me to wait it out. Super frustrating I spend a bunch of money on something I can use but can’t really track........

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having exact same problem. I  have live Chatted 3 times and talked to a live person once. 

I Have a charge that is new to me... I have had a flex which worked fine and synced with my iPhone.

I cannot get this charge to sync.. 

please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

According to the last rep I spoke with it’s something with the iOS  app not allowing new devices to be added. Which means we most likely have to wait for the iOS update that fixes the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, please keep me posted!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fin5363 wrote:

Do you think deleting account for 48 works?

Actually I will let you know. I deleted my account last night and will try to set it up again Tomorrow night to find out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks,

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I inherited a Blaze. Had the same issue. After a week I got it up and running...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

What did you do ????

Finney
Sent from my iPhone

UPDATE:

How do,you delete old account?

thanks!

im going on one week trying to get his charge set up and continuing to get 500:error.

its very frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had done everything! I had even contacted support and was waiting for a call back! I had an account for an Alta. I deleted that off my phone. Restarted my phone, the Blaze,ect. Every couple of days I tried to pair it with my phone to no avail. Then one random night I tried it and it worked! Weird...

Sent from my iPhone

UPDATE:

Go in under the Fitbit app. Go to manage settings. Delete account. Then take it off your Bluetooth on your phone.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go in under the Fitbit app. Go to manage settings. Delete account. Then take it off your Bluetooth on your phone.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Idk.. I just kept trying every couple of days. It finally worked!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Im deleting my account now and will try to reinstate it in 48 hours and maybe it will work???
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hope so!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys, I tried deleting my existing account and made a new one after 24 hours and it worked!! I hope helps!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate some of you have already contacted our Support Team and I'm glad some of you have already set up your Fitbit device after deleting your accounts and creating new ones. I have forwarded all the information you've provided to our team so they can replicate this issue and make sure the troubleshooting steps you've tried in order to resolve this issue will be of help for other people facing the same situation. 

To get a better insight about the issue, those of you that are still getting the error 500 when trying to set up your tracker and have already deleted your account, waited from 24 to 48 hours and created a new one, please reply to me with the following information:

1. Model of the tracker you're trying to set up.
  2. Phone model you're using (or if you're using a computer)
  3. OS version running on your phone (or computer)
  4. List of all the troubleshooting you've tried so far

Thanks for all your patience and understanding, I wish you all have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
It worked! I deleted account for 24 hours! . I added the app back and tried to set up again and it worked.
I took my old fitbit apart and in another room and just had the new one near me.
I was trying to add a charge to my account! It worked!
Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

1) Charge 2
2) iPhone 6s

3) iOS 11.4

4) Restart the Charge 2 and try to pair with phone

- Delete the app, re-install and try pairing

- Update iOS 

- At last, delete the current account and make a new one after 24 hours and it worked!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yea!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I left my Blaze alone for a few days and then tried to set it up and it added right to my account! FINALLY!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes