Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Fitbit Charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I lost my Fitbit Charge tracker today 😞 After many recovered fall offs, I was unlucky this time around when it fell off during my kayak work out. It's very frustrating that when I contacted support, the only thing that was offered was 25% off my next purchase. I paid so much for my first one with high expectations for the product to not malfunction. I feel it's ridiculous to have to buy an accessory pack just to make sure it doesn't fall off! Not sure I want to repurchase.
Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

@Kimegav It's great to see you in the Community! So sorry to hear about your lost Fitbit Charge. I know how frustrating that can be. Regarding the warranty, I appreciate your feedback. However, that is the warranty policy for lost items and thanks very much for your understanding with this.

@Deputyr Thanks for joining us and welcome to the Community! I'm really sorry to hear that your wife's Fitbit went into a bag and as you said, whoever has the bag, should've brought it back to you. Regarding your question, you can only track your your wife's Fitbit by walking with a phone that is paired with the tracker and look for it until your tracker syncs. In this case is hard since you would not know where the customer with the bag went. My best advice is to contact our "Customer Support" team so they can review your options. Some good people send us emails stating that found a Fitbit and would like to return it and Fitbit takes care of the situation. I hope this happens to you and have your wife's Fitbit back.

Let me know if more questions arise my friend and I'll be around! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
Thanks for the feedback! I will try that.
Have a great day!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Deputyr You are very welcome! So glad to hear that you'll contact Support.

I'd like to invite you to visit our "Discussions" board, where you can meet people, create new topics and share your experiences.

Don't hesitate to get back to me if more help is needed! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
It appears that Fitbit's policy is to take NO action to assist with a lost or stolen Fitbit, and to keep no records of requests for assistance with a lost or stolen Fitbit.
I just spoke with product support person about another matter today. While I was talking to her, I enquired about a Fitbit charge that I had mislaid in a hotel about a year ago. I explained that at the time, I had called support and discussed the fact that they can use the serial number to detect when someone attempts to activate a Fitbit that has been lost or stolen. They had assured me that nobody had attempted to activate my Fitbit and I requested that if someone should attempt to activate my Fitbit they should contact me.
Now here we are a year later and I asked the current product support person about that previous lost Fitbit contact with support. She told me she has no records of that contact last year. I understand from her responses that Fitbit takes no action on a lost or stolen Fitbit and does not even keep records of requests for assistance with a lost or stolen Fitbit. I note that some other brands of trackers do have a function to search and detect their tracking device within Bluetooth range, and some even can tell where your tracking device was the last time it communicated with your GPS phone or iPad. It would appear that Fitbit does not have the capability of implementing either of these functions. My guess is that this is a marketing driven policy.
Best Answer

Hi there @Skytug and welcome aboard to our Community. I understand your feedback and thank you for sharing this with us. Believe me when I say that we don't approve or support stolen trackers, because when a user lost his tracker as you mentioned here, the chance that someone find it and set it up on a different account is very high.

With the Fitbit trackers you can locate your device using your bluetooth or any other app that helps to locate bluetooth signals, but this is limited to the range of the signal and the battery life. 

Note that with phones or any mobile device that has Wifi or Mobile Internet access, is more easy to implement this feature, because you can locate where is your device or know what was the last location. But this feature becomes useless as soon it lost the Internet access or is turn off the device and is almost the same scenario with the trackers as are only limited to bluetooth signal. So by technical limitations cannot be implemented on the existing models.

There are a few ideas in our Feature Request board that are very interesting. Is not an immediate solution but here are a few, if you want to take a look.

- Ability to locate/find a lost Fitbit

- Lost Mode - Owner ID for Lost/Found Fitbits

While an idea gets more support more chances has to be implemented, so you can help with giving your vote along with your comments.

I appreciate the feedback and see you around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was doing my regular running around the other day  first work then gas then to pick up a binder for the kids only 3 places I went to between  5pm and 9 pm my fitbit charge fell off. I went everywhere I was that day to try to find it but no go it's gohn contact customer support told them what happened when I bought it witch was only 6 1/2 months ago and they said my warranty was over how can that be it's not even a year old. They offered me 25% off to buy a new one but it took me almost 6 months to save for that one as my kids always come first, it's very rare that I ever get to buy something for myself. I loved my fitbit and do truly miss it but I don't know it I would ever want or be able to afford to  buy another one to replace the one I had since it took me so long to get my first one. If any one knows what to do please let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to get in the area by walking around and constantly trying to sync off of my phone. So, like if I hit Sync at home and it starts to actually Sync, then I k ow it's in the house somewhere. I think if you can get it to sync , you're probably within 20 feet of it. Doesn't help any if your battery is dead or you haven't paired it to your phone though. Good luck!

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also lost my Brand new fitbit charge 3.My parents bought it for me on Christmas and I had it only for 2 months.Someone stole it and I was trying to track it except fitbit is so retarded they don't have a tracker app.You think I am going go in every room in my school searching for something some has in their house 10 miles away?Hiw about they give us something useful?Help me tell these dumb idiots to shut their policy crap up!

Best Answer

@DepressedOwner How about you not use the term “retarded” and while you’re at it improve your grammar. Maybe Mommy and Daddy should buy you an extra English class. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree thought they would stand by there products but I had mine for less than a year battery was crap and they won't stand behind there own product if you lose it the try to tell you to walk around and sync with it stupidest thing over ever heard not everyone has money to through away for a new one will never buy Fitbit again.Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer
0 Votes