Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost steps after syncing Charge and Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today I wore my old charge while working in the yard.  I had a very vigorous day and was really proud of my 14,661 steps and exercises.  When I saw the notification of surpassing my goal by  I also noticed my battery was low.  I went in the house and tried syncing, but it wouldn't and I figured the battery was nearly dead.  I connected to the charger and put on my HR2 that showed over 7000 steps.  My husband and I went for a walk and it buzzed 10,000 met.   Yay I thought.  Came back to the house and synced with my phone.  7714 steps.  What gives?  Took the Charge off the charger and thought I would sync it and regain steps.  It showed 7714 steps.  Total bummed out.  Any suggestions?  Attaching screen print of notification?  Can I regain these.  Really disappointed after working my backside off.Showing my goal was surpassed.Showing my goal was surpassed.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @DeannaR, nice to see you here! This might be an issue with the information overlapped between the Charge and the Charge 2.  For best results and the most accurate dashboard, switch your trackers and remember to sync each one before removing it. If you haven’t already done so, please review this article to learn about getting the most from your multi-tracker account.

To recover the steps from the previous days, I suggest manually log this activity from your Fitbit.com Dashboard.

Let me know if this happens again. Cat Embarassed

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hey @DeannaR, nice to see you here! This might be an issue with the information overlapped between the Charge and the Charge 2.  For best results and the most accurate dashboard, switch your trackers and remember to sync each one before removing it. If you haven’t already done so, please review this article to learn about getting the most from your multi-tracker account.

To recover the steps from the previous days, I suggest manually log this activity from your Fitbit.com Dashboard.

Let me know if this happens again. Cat Embarassed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this issue too! I wore my Charge to my Thai boxing class todiay (so that it won't scratch my charge 2)  and worked a storm of a total of 8,800+ steps in the 2 hours and synced it a few times. When I got home, my charge 2 automatically sync and my steps got reduced to 2,887 (which is pre-activity).

So from almost passing my friends' in the weekend warrior (he's 8,900+ steps), i'm now way behind.

Total bummer and the manual activity log does not recover the steps. Is there any way the data can be recovered? Or charge 2 just overwritten my charge 1 data and that's it?

Regards,

Clara.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nanooo, welcome to the Fitbit forums! Cat Happy

As I've mentioned above, this kind of issues are because the information is overlapped between the Charge and the Charge 2. Our research and testing found that potential customers were interested in wearing trackers simultaneously only if doing so provided more features than a single tracker, which is not the case with Fitbit trackers. No combination of trackers is more helpful or accurate than a single tracker. 

So while there's no benefit to wearing trackers at the same time, we wanted to make sure that if a customer forgot to take a tracker off before putting on another we could still present the most accurate information possible on the dashboard. We do that by running algorithms that reconcile the overlapping data according to certain criteria. For example if one of your trackers has GPS data and the other one does not, we'll choose the GPS data when calculating your total distance since GPS is a better indicator of distance than step-counting alone. All Fitbit trackers are highly accurate when worn correctly, so prioritizing the data of one tracker over another is usually arbitrary.

To recover the missing steps, please follow the instructions I posted here, and also please review this article to have all the information about the multi-tracker functionality in your account.

I'll be around if you need anything else. Cat Wink

Best Answer

I've lost steps when switching between Alta and Charge 2. Very irritating

Best Answer

Hey @ChristineQ264, awesome to see you in this thread. I want to thank you for sharing this information with us, now we're aware that some users are seeing a decrease in steps when syncing with multiple trackers. Our team is investigating this situation, and working to ensure that multiple trackers on a single account are able to sync without issue.

I suggest following the Lost steps when syncing multiple trackers thread, as that is where we will be posting any future updates. Again, I am happy to hear of your enthusiasm and also appreciate your continued patience.

See you around! Cat Embarassed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have multi trackers, just my Charge 2. Today I walked over 20,000 steps! Best yet. I went to share my achievement but when I synced my tracker I lost the lot!! was awarded my Hitop badge but my tracker shows a big fat zero. Gutted! 

Best Answer

I just lost 4900 steps after charging my charge 2. Frustrating and demoralising. Fix this Fitbit, it’s NOT good enough

Best Answer

Was a solution found to this issue? I can't seem to find one. I lost over 2000 steps yesterday after syncing my charge 3 to the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I lost ~2000 steps syncing my Blaze today. I only have one tracker. I had previously reached my 10k step goal and had data up until ~8:10pm. I synced a few moments ago and I lost 2000 steps and it shows no data from about 7:20 onward now.

Best Answer
0 Votes