Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the single best recipe you have ever made?

Mine is from Real Simple, here it is:

Ingredients:

• 12 ounces rigatoni
  • slices bacon
  • 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • pint grape tomatoes
  • ouncesbaby spinach

Directions:

1. Cook 12 ounces rigatoni according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
  2. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, 5 to 6 minutes; remove and crumble.
  3. Add the chicken to the bacon drippings in the skillet and cook over medium-heat, turning, until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook, tossing, until beginning to soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
  4. Add the chicken mixture, spinach, bacon, and ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water to the pasta and toss to combine (add more water if pasta seems dry).

Did I mention is 141 calories per serving? Yummy! Smiley Tongue

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
97 REPLIES 97

low carb pizza from this recipe:

http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2013/06/30/weekend-bonus-the-older-brothers-oldest-sons-faux-...

only 4.5g of carbs per slice (assuming 8 slices)!  (252 calories per slice for those that count calories) (toppings i used: 3oz pepperoni, 3 oz italian sausage, 1/2C pizza sauce, 1 cup mozzarella)

LCHF since June 2013
Best Answer

I love this simple taco soup recipe. Instead of using the Dutch oven, I brown the burger in a pan and transfer it to a crock pot to cook for a couple hours. I also use venison or turkey burger to cut down on the fat. Super easy and so tasty.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/simple-taco-soup

Best Answer

Mine would be this one from skinnytaste.com. 

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/02/chicken-and-andouille-sausage.html

Chicken and Andouille Sausage
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 4 • Size: 4 oz chicken, 3 oz sausage + broth • Old Pts: 8 • Points+: 9 pts
Calories: 347.5 • Fat: 13 g • Protein: 47 g • Carb: 8 g • Fiber: 2 g • Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 490 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:

2 tsp oil

• 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped celery
  • 14 oz (4) lean skinless chicken thighs, with bone*
  • 12 oz (4) lean skinless chicken drumsticks, with bone**
  • salt and fresh pepper, to taste
  • 1 tbsp all-purpose flour (rice flour for gluten-free)
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 links (6 oz) andouille chicken/turkey sausage (Applegate)
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1/4 cup chopped scallion

Directions:  Heat a large deep non-stick skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the oil, onions, peppers and celery. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring.  Push the vegetables to the edges of the skillet and add the chicken, season with salt and pepper. Brown 2 to 3 minutes on each side, then sprinkle the flour over the chicken and vegetables.   Add the water, sausage and bay leaf, adjust salt and pepper to taste, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 30 to 35 minutes, remove bay leaf and top with scallions. Serve with rice or quinoa if desired.

Best Answer

These recipes sound awesome! Keep 'em coming! Smiley Very Happy

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Single best recipe will vary with my mood, so I can't really say. Here is one of my go-to favorites though:

Thai Chicken Stir-Fry

Ingredients

5 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into slivers

8 cloves of garlic, minced

3 Tbsp. sriracha (or more to taste)

4 Tbsp. soy sauce

1 tsp. lime juice

1 tsp. sesame oil

2 Tbsp. dry red cooking wine

2 Tbsp. cornstarch

8 oz. sliced shiitake mushrooms

14 oz. can of baby corn, drained and cut 1-in. slices

1 large onion, coarse chopped

1 large bunch celery, in 1-inch slices

1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced

1 bunch basil leaves, torn or sliced

Directions

Whisk together all seasonings, sauces, cornstarch and garlic and add chicken. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours.

Heat some oil/fat in a large skillet over med-high heat and add chicken (with sauce). Cook, stirring through until just barely done and remove to plate.

Add a little more oil if necessary and turn up to high heat. Sauté baby corn and mushrooms for about 2 minutes. Add onion and celery and sauté until just starting to soften (1-2 min). Add peppers and stir ~30 seconds. Put chicken back in and add basil leaves, salt to taste. Stir through until pepper just gets crisp-tender.

Serve over jasmine rice.

Best Answer

I should add the tomato salad. I know is not complicated but it was the first thing my mother taught me to cook.  I was only 7 years old and all my family said it was delicious. Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer

When I actually found a gluten free pizza dough recipe that tastes (in my opinion) then any pizza I have ever had.

Best Answer

Great recipes, great ideas to combine foods! Thanks everyone. Woman Wink

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
Skinny bang bang shrimp! 1 cup ff greek yogurt, mix in Sriracha to taste, and sweet and sour chili sauce. Grill shrimp and mix in sauce while hot. I eat in a corn totilla with lots of crispy lettuce. Absolutely amazing!
Best Answer

It sounds delicious and different from what I'm used to eating shrimp with. Thanks @kikbxr0903!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kikbxr0903 Thank you for sharing that delicious tip!  Smiley Wink

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here are two of my favorite from this past winter (and I promise both are reasonably easy to make, as I am not the greatest of cooks!)

Turkey quinoa meatloaf:  just made this last week, substituted bbq sauce for hot sauce, very very good

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Turkey-and-Quinoa-Meatloaf/?prop24=hn_slide1_Turkey-and-Quinoa-Meatloaf...

White Chili:  this was a staple of mine this winter.  Made a bunch of batches, freezed individual servings in freezer bags.

http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/white-turkey-chili

Best Answer

I appreciate you sharing these recipes @Sarah24, if you have more, please keep them coming! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

When making the white turkey chili, have you ever used ground turkey?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was something I just came up with at home.

Spaghetti Squash

Quinoa

Chicken

Cooked bell peppers

You can also use Bison, I like **ahem**ake mushrooms, zucchini, really anything can make this delicious

Best Answer

IMAM BAYILDI

2 medium eggplants

2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, (I chopped the long way so they were shaped like the peppers)
2 cloves garlic
1 green pepper (I cut lengthwise in strips and then in half)
1 red pepper (I cut lengthwise in strips and then in half)
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tsp coriander (I have seen other recipes that call for cinnamon so your choice)
3 tsp sugar

First cut eggplants lengthwise in half, then cut slits diagonally along the inside and salt well and set aside in colander to drain for 30 minutes

COOKS TIP: Cut a small slice off the bottom sides of each eggplant so they do not roll in baking pan

In a non stick saute' pan add 1-2 tbs olive oil and cook eggplants cut side down for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and place in oven proof baking dish

Add 1 tbs olive oil, onions, peppers, and garlic in non stick saute' pan. Cook until tender. Approximately 10 minutes

Add tomatoes, sugar and coriander spice and cook 5 minutes or until reduced

Top eggplants with vegetables and bake in oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.

This dish is also delicious served cold!

Best Answer

@DowntownPhD This is an awesome recipe for me and my husband, we love eggplants! Smiley Very Happy Thank you for sharing. 

Best Answer

That sounds epic! I love eggplants Smiley Very Happy

I usually roast them and chop them up with garlic, onion and heavy cream, I guess I should find a substitute for heavy cream Smiley Embarassed

Best Answer

Stolen!

@helenarriaza wrote:

Mine is from Real Simple, here it is:

Ingredients:

• 12 ounces rigatoni
  • slices bacon
  • 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • pint grape tomatoes
  • ouncesbaby spinach

Directions:

1. Cook 12 ounces rigatoni according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
  2. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, 5 to 6 minutes; remove and crumble.
  3. Add the chicken to the bacon drippings in the skillet and cook over medium-heat, turning, until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook, tossing, until beginning to soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
  4. Add the chicken mixture, spinach, bacon, and ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water to the pasta and toss to combine (add more water if pasta seems dry).

Did I mention is 141 calories per serving? Yummy! Smiley Tongue

Fitbit Surge | 3x Marathoner - Marathon Coach starting in August 2015 | Run 3x wk | Elliptical 2x wk | Strength sessions (Progressive Resistance Training) 3x wk - DO WORK!
Best Answer
0 Votes