Idle Alert

I would love to have an "Idle Alert" feature added where the device would vibrate if you've been idle for a certain length of time.

Moderator edit: Added labels.

1,041 Comments
Diane_Mraczek
First Steps

This would be a very useful feature for the One.  My roommate has a Garmin Vivofit, and it shows a red bar she calls a "lazy bar" when she's been still for more than an hour and not in sleep mode.  She has to get up and walk around for a while to make it go away.  Since the One is usually worn where I can't see it, a vibration in similar circumstances would be useful.

Drizz
Recovery Runner
Agreed! Great feature to have.
ShainaB
First Steps

My Jawbone had this feature, I was really disappointed that the FitBit did not. I would love this addition.

rosenewell
First Steps

I'd like this, too. I was a bit disappointed to see it'd come up in 2013, so who knows when they will actually add it...

Jimit
First Steps
Really need this feature. Holding my purchase for this feature.
dlhill
Jogger

As a desk potato, the lack of an idle alert is making me consider returning my Fitbit and getting a Jawbone. It's the #1 thing I need out of an activity tracker.

cstizza
Jogger

Wow.  Still no motion on this.  I am rethinking the Fitbit ecosystem.  Looking at API's it would a SIMPLE feature to implement and take minimal development work.  I am really interested on what the hold up is on this...

Galeeleo
First Steps
I'm done waiting for fitbit to respond. I'm ditching fitbit for a Pebble Time.

Monda Gunawan
Innkeeper801
First Steps

I agree with everyone about how nice it would be to have an idle alert. I tried setting silent alarms for every other hour, but since I knew that it just notified me of a certain set time, I would usually turn it off when it started vibrating.

But a sudden alert after a preset activity period would be very helpful.

kushal
Jogger

Please consider this feature..Very helpful. 

kushal
Jogger

Why is the Fitbit team not replying? how can they miss such a useful feature. ? 

Stephberg
First Steps
PLEASE ADD AN IDLE ALERT!!!
fabFab
First Steps

Yes please!

Robyone
Stepping Up

I gave up on Fitbit.  I returned mine and got a Garmin Vivosmart that has "Move" reminder.  Sorry Fitbit.

Rachet
Stepping Up

As an Office Worker stuck at my desk all day, I think this is one of the best ideas to help get me away from my screen every hour (or adjustable time) and walk around the office.

mad_mn
Jogger

Yes please!

Obviously make it optional, so that people that don't want it don't have to have it. But this would be great!

heleneheras
Recovery Runner

Where is the response to the Community this is a long awaited request.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

heleneheras
Recovery Runner

Where is the response to the Community this is a long awaited request.

Bl1itzr13g
Stepping Up

This (along with the smart sleep/nap) is something I miss having after I switched from an Up24. Especially considering that as a sedentary worker, something like this is rather important from a general health perspective. Definitely useful.

d4nj
Jogger

I would love this. I need the reminder as I have a desk job that I frequently lose track of time. I really need the reminder to help me get up and walk more.

Please consider adding this feature

cstizza
Jogger

Dear Fitbit, 

You can see this is a very important feature to users.

What is the ETA?

Thanks!

cstizza
Jogger

Start emailing them and tell them how important this feature is to you. 

http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

PS - Don't spam and be respectful! Smiley Happy

Dimmers
Recovery Runner

I have lost 16KG and I look sexier copared to when I started. How about random promts (could alert when no activity for a while) that say "Get Moving You Sexy Thing", "Your Butt Aint Going To Shake Itself" or "Get up and shake you sexy thing".

While I make lite of it, why cant there be a notification like on the Apple Watch that after an hour of no/minimal activity that promts us to move? Make it fun, make it funcation... make it... SEXY!!!!

hockeymom2
First Steps

I totally agree.  I would love to be able to set a reminder to drink more water and to get up and move during the day.

I thought that was what the FitBit was all about based on the TV ads.

I will try to set up some silent alarms for water but they will not work for movement.

hockeymom2
First Steps

This is one of the reasons I bought the FitBit as I believed based on the TV ads that it would notify me when I should get up and move.  I assumed that it could also notify me for other things like when to drink more water.  My husband has a garmen and it has notifications to tell him to move.  I don't think it would be hard to add this feature of course I already bought the Charge HR so will have to make do but I am not happy about the false advertising.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.