Longer Challenges eg week, month, 2 hours

There should be a larger variety of challenges that could be long like a month long or short like a couple of hours and there should be rewards for challenges you participate in with friends/family like gift cards for a variety of stores

304 Comments
JosephineB
First Steps

I would love a full week challenge as I work weekends so i rarely win the workweek hustle but regularly win the weekend warrior. It would be nice to have an average as everyone works different shift patterns. 

LordRusso
First Steps

Hurry up fitbit and bring in the 7 day Monday to Sunday challenge.

princessmom64
Stepping Up

Yes!  7 day challenge (full week)

ReiTheQ
First Steps

I agree that at least as a start, the number of default challenges should extend to challenges based on the other types of data that more advanced FitBits record like active minutes & calories burned.  FitBit users like me exercise in many more ways than just walking (biking, eliptical, boxing, rowing, etc.), but we currently have no way to turn that into a fun challenge with friends. 

The nice thing about this is that you don't have to create a bunch of new default challenges.  You can focus your development on a single Custom Challenge where users can:

1) Choose the time & date when the challenge starts & ends - you could start we pre-programed time ranges to start with like 1 day, 1 week, etc.

2) Choose a single data type to compete on - you can start with steps or active minutes and grow the selection from there.

Eventually this single Custom Challenge can replace all default challenges since it can allow the user to set up anything they want.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
JuanJoFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi, this is a good idea! This suggestion will help Fitbitters that are very active to achieve their goals not only for a short period, but for a whole year!

Tpagan42
First Steps

Why not have the 30 day challenge added to the app? Every fitbit item

should be on the app. 

GrannyAnnie
Jogger

Yes, please. More Challenges.  America on the Move used to have great step challenges, like the Iditerod, the walk along lake Michigan @ Chicago, many famous walking trails; Pacific Crest Trail, Colorado's 14er's (mountains above 14K elevation), Oregon Trail.  I wanted the Appalachian Trail, Natchez Trace, Cumberland Trail.  They all offer great scenery and history, are well documented and would be awesome additions to the Fitbit Awards.

ktwyss
First Steps

Challenging my friends to the same challenges each week/weekend gets very tedious. Would love month-long challenges, more variety, etc. so it doesn't feel like the same old thing every week.

Mattgorc
First Steps

Yes 7 day challenges are needed, come on Fitbit! It can be called the MegaWeek challenge! Better yet how about month challenges? Or the ability to customize your own challenge by setting a start and end date... it's 2017 let's make it happen to encourage MORE steppage!!!

PirateSHU1
First Steps

It would make life so much easier if the 30 Day Challenge was added to the app!  I am afraid that manually entering everything every day could get to be a little bit too much fun so any help in avoiding that would be much appreciated!  Thanks!

AGladd1
Stepping Up

We were just hoping for a challenge space like "Workweek Hustle", that would expand for all 30 days of the challenge. It would be significantly easier to keep track of all the players, so we'd know our the competitors.  Also, manual entry does not allow for burpees or push-ups.  So how do we log them?

modeller51
First Steps

Defiantly we need a 7 day challenge. Sunday too sunday. I work  sat too sat with a moving day off within so i tend to whoop weekend challenges and whoop week ones only every 6 weeks do i get a conventional week and weekend. But i am top in my friends on weekly steps but have close competition. But due to my week layout i cant compete with these friends easily i either massivly win or massivly loose

nic1117
First Steps

This would be great for groups that don't work a typical business day schedule. My co-workers and I are often doing the work week challenges but would LOVE a Monday- Sunday option since we do not work the same shifts and days of the week.  Please please please make this a reality!!!

Eucid
Jogger

I've started using an app called Stridekick, it's has team challenges and longer (up to 31 day, you decide the length) challenges, also challenges like you have to do X amount of steps per day, every day - users decide the length and amount of steps needed to complete a day. Fitbit really need to introduce more challenges! They are boring now.

Also, in the running step total in the challenges, the bar which shows how many steps you've done should change colour along the bar for different days. So you can see how different days are affecting it.

May be fitbit should just look at stridekick's challenges and copy them! Make things interesting again.

stickybit
Jogger

Please add a 7 day challenge, we have some people in our group "slacking" during weekends and it's a good idea to stimulate them to also keep walking during these days!

So, please add a 7 day challenge!

modeller51
First Steps
Yep. I often come second as i work sat but have a weekday off.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
modeller51
First Steps
Yep. I often come second as i work sat but have a weekday off.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Bethany007
Recovery Runner

We have daily step goal challenges, I would like to see a weeklong step goal challenge added. (If you have it I can't find it) I have made some friends at the lower step numbers and am now moving into higher numbers. I would like to see weeklong step goal challenges so we can still all interact with everyone without people feeling bad or overwhelmed. Also if something happens (like an injury) people could adjust their numbers (the next week) and still compete with their friends. I personally prefer the weeklong challenges because some days you can't workout for whatever reason but the weeklongs give you the opportunity to make it up  later. 

Defiant
Jogger

Please add a monthly challenge and a weekly challenge. 

dermbrian
Tempo Runner

The primary goal of an activity tracker is to make sure you meet your activity goals, such as 10,000 steps a day.  Fitbit gives you a pretty good view as to how you're doing over time.  For new users, there are a handful of short term challenges and adventures.  For long-time users, not so much.  I read many posts today of how there's nothing above "satellite" in stair climbing.  I don't think there's anything above "Earth" in distance, and even in the process of getting to achieving the distance around "Earth", there's no tracking of where you are currently in trying to do that.

I also read of one user who is, offline, tracking his steps against a goal of going from his house to a destination several states away.  I am doing something similar, in tracking my total steps against walking from state capital to state capital, starting in Texas and finishing in Texas, about a 7 year goal.

Ideally, FitBit should create challenges that keep people active for years at a time instead of days at a time.  Things like North Pole to South Pole.  California to Maryland.  Walk/bike around the perimiter of Australia.  Have milestones that are reachable at least every couple of months at 10,000 steps a day. 

Alternately, allow users to input the parameters for their own goals.  Using my walk-to-all-state-capitals for example:  Goal distance, Goal completion target, milestones (48 milestones with different distances between them in this case).  Then show how we're doing.  What's our expected completion date at our historic pace?  How far to the next milestone?  What is the next milestone?

Anyway, that's what I currently do in an Excel spreadsheet that I update weekly or monthly with my distance totals.  I'll be home in August of 2022 at my current rate.

In short, give some development time to offering long-term interesting goals to fitbit users.

Brian

LikeToWalk
Jogger

I see this is quite old idea and still there is no 7 day challange. Could you please add that? I am compensating in weekend for lack of steps in workweek. Please add this feature

Lueck767
Tempo Runner

Fitbit, as this idea was submitted Dec 2015 and was “reviewed by moderator” Jan 2016, is there an update on this at all?

BarbiRose
First Steps

Yes, Customizeable length of challenge and number of steps goal.

cgray2017
Jogger

I think it would be a good feature for a yearly step challenge. Me and some friends try to compete over the year but I find it frustrating trying to keep up with steps and manually adding the months up

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I use a spreadsheet (I'm tracking how long it will take me to hypothetically walk to Mordor). If you made one, you could upload to google docs and your friends could all enter their daily steps and have it automatically add for weekly and monthly steps.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.