Make Heart Rate Data export in Excel/CSV format

Please add the heart rate data to the reports that can be downloaded/exported.  The ones for the activity and sleep are perfect but since I have a pacemaker I really need to have one to print out for my cardiologist showing how often I rise above the set pace.

Thank you

Mod edit: Title

900 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It's great that we get a detailed graph of HR data from a tagged workout... I would really like to be able to zoom into and explore the HR data from the rest of my day as well.

The only HR graph I can find is in the dashboard tile. It's ok, but I would like to be able to "click for more" and get a detailed version.

This could be used to grab certain time periods and look at HR trends and effects, such as from stressful situations, dietary changes or simply more active parts of ones day that was not tracked as an activity...

Thanks 

Moderator edit: Labels

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Especially as this is part of the for fee Premium service, I would like HR data to be included.

Thanks

Classy
Base Runner
Are the calories burned for an manual tracked session included as a CSV download?
cexner
First Steps
I agree. I do a lot of HIIT workout outs and all the HR data appears to be averaged out in 5 minute increments. I'd like to view this in 20 or 30 second increments.
bilbothejust
Recovery Runner

I definitely would love to see a zoomable heart rate graph as well. Also, currently I can only see this graph on my phone. I would like to see this data on the Dashboard. I know you can review specific HR data for workouts, but it would be nice to see the entire day. I have noticed that during workouts that initially HR seems to spike at the beginning and then settle down to a more accurate reading about 3-5 minutes into the workout (I'm checking against a pulse oximeter for comparison).  So far though, I'm very pleased with the Charge HR performance. Excellent product and spot on sleep tracking. I was somewhat skeptical that the HR would get the start and wake times accurately so I wrote down my go to bed time for the 3 nights in a row and they were identical ! Good job Fitbit.

allan473
Strider

I owned a few GPS watches before getting the surge. THey have software to show large graphs of heart rate and pace over a run. That would be very nice for me.

Here is a link to an example from another gps-herm showing pace and heart rate over the course of a run

http://www.allanrube.com/photos/i-WdX9bgK/0/L/i-WdX9bgK-L.jpg

Colinm39
Marathon Racer

The current activity graph is extremely helpful because when I zoom in I can get 120 time slices in 15 minutes. It would appear that they are every 7.5 seconds. Here is a graph of some heavy gardening activity and a period of "cool down". As you can see it only shows the bpm. This feature would be invaluable for HiiT activity.  I'm happy that I have a trend line  but having the time display would be very helpful.

hr timke display please.jpg

bilbothejust
Recovery Runner
I Also use this feature but would like it on the complete day and sleep as well.
Colinm39
Marathon Racer

@bilbothejustHere is a link in Features requesting that feature. Vote for it because it will be invaluable to help us analyse our sleep patterns.

WinkyRN
Recovery Runner

Thanks for putting this request in.

I think that the more detailed view of our heart rates the device can portray, the better.  

I am also very interested in the every day heart rate graphing with ability to zoom into detail.  

Adding timestamps to the individual data points is also helpful.  I noticed that looking at some points on the dashboard dont show you the timestamps.

Colinm39
Marathon Racer

@WinkyRNI will add this graphic because I just did a recovery analysis using this information

The answer for me was "the recovery is in my age range", 30 bpm.

Fitbit are on a winner if they impement this feature...

recovery hr 2 mins.jpg

Woostigger
Strider

For those of us that are data junkies, this would be a huge feature.

I am very passionate about the details, I want to see when something doesn't look right.  I also want to be able to compare as easy as possible from one result to another.  The averaging of the heart rate data really removes that from being easily seen.

WinkyRN
Recovery Runner

Even the activities could use an improvement.  I would like to see the distance into and the time for each datapoint.  I use this to compare how long my heart rate was in what various range, say above 150.  Right now its guessing how well I did.  I highlighted what it currently says.  I would love to see it show distance and time into activity as well.

Dashboard_activityHRdetails.PNG

Alphaema
Recovery Runner
I'm a data nut. I love looking over my hr after a workout and compare it to other days/classes/workouts. On the app I wish you could do landscape mode to get a closer look at it.
willwhitworth
Recovery Runner

I agree with this. Please bring more detail to these graphs and make them available in the app as well as on the website. Adding HR brings a lot of value to Fitbit, but we need to be able to see the detailed data to make the most of it. Thanks!

nikbates
Stepping Up

Please make it possible to export the raw heart rate data!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity, labels 

bmcf
Keeping Pace

There is good detail on Heart Rate graph on the online dashboard. You can drag across graph and get heart rate and the time. Helpful... but it would be far more useful to see this level of detail on my mobile device, that is where I review FitBit data the most. Have the option to expand the heart rate graph and drag over it to get exact heart rate and time like online. The current mobile heart rate graph is interesting to look at, but not really helpful in it's current form.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
@bmcf The dashboard chart shows detail in 5 min increments. The Surge is storing much more data than that- I believe in 1 minute increments all day..
Woostigger
Strider

In the meantime, until they do allow a zoom in function to see the more detailed heart rate that the fitbit does store, create a manual walk activity for the time you want to dig deep into.  It will then allow you a visual to see the heart rate data.  You will want to delete that activity afterwards to not throw off your calories.

I do this sometime to look at my sleep data or other things that happened in the day I was curious about.

NewBee117
Base Runner

I also would like it on the complete day and sleep as well.

kaligirl2
Runner

Would be great!

TISM
Recovery Runner

Have just paid my Premium premium, but was disappointed to find that I could not export HR data. As the pitch in the Premium sign up screen says "its your data". It certainly is, and given I have paid for the device to generate it and now the Premium to export it it, would be nice to do so. Look forward to the provision of this feature.

IBMacca
First Steps

It is a great disappointment that the HR data collected on Charge HR cannot be used effectively.

This would be possible if the data could be exported in Excel format.

Other, less important and less useful, information can be exported in this format.

Suggest that exporting HR data be moved to the top of the list of changes.

proileri
Jogger

Yep, our friends at FitBit need to spend more time on Endomondo and other established workout / heart rate data logging sites Smiley Very Happy

You're playing with the big boys now, and those sophisticated HR/log features are what the fitness enthusiast crowd is already used to, and expects from FitBit as well!

MGreenstein
Jogger
Agreed. Particularly useful to monitor A-Fib events.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.