Add body measurement feature

Can you please add a feature to track your body measurements: chest, waist, hips, thigh, and arm? I would like see my progress in inches +/-. When I'm not losing weight, I want to make sure the body inches are still going down. Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

395 Comments
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I did a quick search and find that this is a duplicate of this, this, and this

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I did a quick search and find that this is a simpler request of this, this, and this

A1momof3
First Steps
I have RA and have been needing to exercise to help my condition but I have had a hard time finding the motivation. I purchased the Charge 2 and I love it and it has helped me much. BUT now that I am losing weight I really would like to track my body measurements here as well. I see the tracking area but no way to add. PLEASE bring this feature back! I love my fitbit and this would help so much!
Rpreston
First Steps
I would like to be able to track my body measurements on the app. This function either does not exists or is really hard to find.
calx601
First Steps

Hi, it seems fairly basic that since the FitBit Universe allows tracking of so many features, that all these aspects often boil down to body measurements. While this can be added only manually, it's an important value in a fitness app, and would make sense to allow manual tracking.

kmw.chameleon
Stepping Up

And I'd love to have that feature as I would rather concentrate on fat loss rather than weight. My head knows the 'additional muscles weighs more' fact but my motivation gets slammed. Seeing the measurements move is what keeps me going.

Cheers.

Run2Eat65
Jogger

Ideally this could be added to the iPhone app.  Every day I enter my weight and body fat.  I find that waistline is a good surrogate for weight and actually provides information beyond weight.  Weight can vary with water retention and muscle mass and so it can mislead.  Waist circumfrence change reflects your fat and is also tied to risk factors.

I have had FB for years now and would really appreciate this added functionality.

Thank you for considering this!!

Aisha88
Jogger
I totally support that I also want to know skeletal muscle mass as it's what will help in reducing fat because I'm past the point of seeing the total weight & I'm more interested in reducing.fat while increasing skeletal muscle
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I might be missing something,  why do you want the Charge 2 to save your body measurements, would not this be better to do on the dashboard? 

Aisha88
Jogger

Sorry wrong forum I want this to be shown in dashboard 

Monique65
Keeping Pace

I agree it should be in dashboard lol. I don't want my chest size to flash on my wrist. I just hope it will get created. 

Aisha88
Jogger

Hahaha same here not on my wrist but it'll be helpful if it's in my dashboard let's hope they make it 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Doing.a search I see that this request has been declined

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Body-measurements/idi-p/1112761

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

This is a duplicate request and already has been declined. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Body-measurements/idi-p/1112761

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The request for body measurements has been posted 4 times in turbos arches months making this one of the many duplicate requests that have denied. 

PHeap
First Steps

Please add a feature to input and track body measurements.

Bergamo22
First Steps

To me, body measurements are an excellent measure of improvement along with weight. Is there anywhere to log these - if there isn't could this be added. 

jiggles
First Steps

Have to wonder why they are denying the request. With an old flex due for replacement, it makes no sense for me to replace it with another fitbit item if i have to use another app to record waist measurements. Really hoping they elaborate as to why it is denied to provide context.

Staceyjg
First Steps

Happy new year Dev Team

Please can you reintroduce the body measurement tracker? At the end of the day, if you're undertaking a lot of exercise, it can often be more noticeable in inches and not just pounds! 

Thankyou

Stacey

Shmeddie74
Jogger

It would be really nice to have an area to enter body measurements so that we can track those in addtion to weight. 

JamJar50
First Steps

Completely agree. Keeping track of body measurements can also help people continue to work toward their goals. Sometimes weight stalls, but that doesn't mean your body isn't still changing. Being able to track body measurements in the app and not using another app would be helpful in keeping all fitness information in one place.

Nucleardeanna
First Steps

A great idea. I am starting slimming and to do a proper bmi then you need to put in measurements

PeterBursky
First Steps

Agree with al the previosu posters, waist measurement is a more important indicator than weight, it's very simple to measure and not sensitive to some level of guesswork like for example body fat is. Definitely bring back this feature please!

rayogitano
Jogger

What on earth happened to body measurements!?!

Anybody knows that weight isn't a complete indicator of health.

I am in search of a better product and app that isn't stuck in the calories in/calories out mode focused on weight.

NewSuggestions
First Steps

Please add a feature to track custom measurement. It could be Muscle mass percentage, bone mass percentage and water percentage. Many scales now give these readings along with weight, so it will be good to have this feature with logging weight. 

Also, some people also track waist line measurement, hence a request for the custom measurement feature on the dashboard.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.