Increase Font Size for Charge 3

I have just received my Charge 3, my first Fitbit. I had held off on the Charge 2 to wait for the 3’s larger display. At 47 I need glasses to read small text and would like to be able to increase the font size on notifications and other features.

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

280 Comments
JonoS2
Jogger

I too am disappointed with the font size on the Charge 3. Its larger screen than the Charge 2 was one of the features that attracted me, and others, to purchase the Charge 3. Why then would the manufacturers/designers choose to have it display smaller text?

Kaisercat
Hill Runner

How about a clock face with no clock but only steps in a larger font size?  To get the other stuff all you have to do is swipe as usual? I have faith in you FITBIT!

LOLRestricted
Jogger

Imagine, a larger screen and simply too small font. What's the point of making a ginormous screen if you can't read the steps. Duh!

Kaisercat
Hill Runner
I wish they had a clock face that on the first screen was for steps only. Larger font and bold. Then you could swipe for other options.

Sent from my iPad
CJK824
First Steps

Charge 3- notifications font became microscopic- need to allow users to adjust this. Not very user friendly for the 50 and up crowd who’s eyesight isn’t what it used to be. 

Marilyn4144
Recovery Runner

I agree with the other comments about the tiny font on the Charge 3. I am tired of having to put on my reading glasses to check my steps. It appears that the developers tried to put to much info on each screen. I loved the screen views on my Alta HR. The only thing I like about the Charge 3 is that it is waterproof. 

NewHipster
First Steps

Larger font please.....

Klawrencelaw
First Steps

You would think a Fitbit rep would at least give an update on this issue.  We know they monitor.  So frustrating.  

Marilyn4144
Recovery Runner
Agree. Charge 2 and Alta did not have this problem. Why are they ignoring this problem when they clearly could correct it.

Sent from my iPhone
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CJK824, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us,this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

konnie
Jogger

Notifications and steps on Charge 3 are in a font far to small to be read.  This is a major defect in the device.  This problem did on exist on Charge 2, so why, why, why did you make the Charge 3 unreadable.  I won't be recommending this device to anyone until this is remediated.  Also clock faces should have more choices, but this is not critical.  Font issue is absolutely critical, and I'm considering returning the item because of it.  

konnie
Jogger

Notifications and steps on Charge 3 are in a font far to small to be read.  This is a major defect in the device.  This problem did on exist on Charge 2, so why, why, why did you make the Charge 3 unreadable.  I won't be recommending this device to anyone until this is remediated.  Also clock faces should have more choices, but this is not critical.  Font issue is absolutely critical, and I'm considering returning the item because of it.  

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @konnie! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

Louise1000
Stepping Up

Charge 3 is completely useless to people with low vision.  i had a Charge 2 and was able to see it without any aids but with the 3, all i can see is the time!!!  i got the 3 yesterday and had it on for about 10 mins then took it off and put it straight back in the box intending to return it and get my money back. i hate it.  i am torn before i really dont want to take it back but unless they update it and update it soon with accessible features, there's no point in me keeping it.  come on fitbit, do the right thing for all your loyal VIP (vision impaired person/people) customers.

i would suggest, at the very least, increasing font size and simplification but not too simplified that it looks childish

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Louise1000! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

Ganga626
Stepping Up

Can you please tell me why you are not listening about the size of the font. As folk have said there is plenty of room on the clock face to increase the size. I am thinking of taking my charge 3 special edition if something is not done soonest. 

mostlyspam
First Steps

If you want people past 40 to buy and recommend your products, make sure we can see the output under normal conditions.  None of us wear reading glasses all day. 

On the Charge 3 screen, font size is obviously an easily changed option.  Please add that feature in an update very soon. 

Fitbit is a mature enough company to no longer be making this kind of errors.

Mofzx
Recovery Runner

Yes please!

I gifted a Fitbit Charge 3 to my mother-in-law and the excitement turned to disappointment when we found out, she is not able to read what's on the display 😞

We probably have to return the Charge 3, what a pity!

Karen999
Jogger

I would love to have the option to choose the steps as the dominate element on the clock face. I cannot read the number of steps without my glasses on and I do not where my glasses when exercising. Remember there are many of us with "old" eyes (65 and older) that use your products.

Jannazon
First Steps

Very disappointed at the limited choices of clock faces for charge 3. Please allow option to include Charge 2.click faces and make the font BIGGER! Thanks!!

kdsprocket
Jogger

I'm returning this fitbit. Its useless to me. Sure it has a larger screen but I can't read it unless I have my reading glasses on and then it's still too hard to read.

It needs more clock face choices. The clock is the dominant feature. This should be

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @kdsprocket! Thank you for sharing your Idea. I merged your suggestion into this on because they are very similar. Please so not forget to give kudos by clicking on the thumbs up button. 

twomanydogs
Jogger

Font size on Charge 2 was readable - Charge 3 with more stuff on screen & tinier font - not readable.    What's the point of having a fitbit if I can't read the ONE piece of information that is the reason for wearing a fitbit?  Please port over clock face options from Charge 2 (esp the one showing Time, Date & Steps).  Or make Charge 3 customizable - let me create my own clock face by selecting what info is shown on the main screen.  

- I like being able to swipe up & down to get different stats.  Swiping is easier than tapping (tap too hard & you go right past what you wanted to see).  However, show one stat per screen so that info on the screen is readable.

- Let me choose which stats are available when I swipe up.  I already know my weight.  Having that on my watch is not useful.  Stats shown on the fitbit should be relevant to fitbit function.  Fitbit doesn't measure weight - so why have it on the screen? Same goes for Weather.  It's a fitbit - not a smart phone.

- If friends scroll thru my fitbit screens - I want control over what information is shown.  (They don’t need to see my weight either.)

- Screen real-estate is limited - get rid of the leading '0'.  The only difference between 09:24a and 9:24a is that the former is more difficult to read.
- I would like the screen to stay on for another second or two before it goes dark.

I like some of the new features (like swiping rather than tapping) - but the tinier, unreadable font is a problem.  At present, I would not recommend Charge 3 to my friends.

Marilyn4144
Recovery Runner
Well said. Agree on all points!

Sent from my iPhone
First Steps

I really like the clock faces that I have on my Fitbit Charge 2, I like to see my steps and hourly goal progress.  I like choosing the order they appear on the clock face. Can Charge 3 be customized the same way?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.