Bring the Relax app to Charge 5

Please bring the Relax app to the charge 5. The charge 5 has the perfect size screen I'm looking for but I'm so disappointed to hear that the Relax app isn't offered.

Moderator edit: Formatting
431 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Just brought a charge 5 and very disappointed that this feature isn't available. 

Unfortunately going to have to return this now 

Nathanwdavis
First Steps

Any word on this from Fitbit? I’m really missing the Relax app. It doesn’t make any sense to me why it’s not supported on the newest Charge..

eggsandsam22
First Steps

Yes, I really want the relax app on Charge 5! Having the relax app would really round this product out and make me much happier using it. Please, developers, work on adding relax app back onto Charge 5!

Cmg3001
Jogger

Yes please, Relax breath exercises are vital to keeping calm in traffic or before an interview or literally at any time on any day. Please bring Relax to the Charge 5.

Helen555
First Steps

I agree have just discovered the HR5 doesn’t have it! Crazy as one of the best features. Also agree with comments about the side buttons not being available inHR 5. 

P.anda
First Steps

I just upgraded from the Charge 2 and purchased the Charge 5 last week. 

I realized today that it doesn't have the Relax feature and I'm considering returning my Charge 5. Its inconceivable to me that an upgrade would not continue to have this feature. I used it multiple days per week and was critically important to bringing me the calm I needed to do anxiety-producing activities. 

Elegia
First Steps

I just bought the Charge 5 and I'm also immensely disappointed that this app is not available. I can't understand it. It's basically a fancy timer app. There is absolutely no reason for this app not to be available in all this time since release. The only reasons I can imagine is that Fitbit either literally doesn't care about their users after the purchase was made or they think they can make more money by bringing the app back to a future device.

jenblaze
Jogger

Please bring this app to the Charge 5!

Super3imi
Jogger

Please bring back the relax app . I just switched from charge 4 to charge 5 .-

and it’s not available. Even the EDA scan after finishing the scan suggests that you do the breathing exercise to relax and re-scan so I don’t know why it was removed while the EDA tells you to do Relax mode ! So Please bring back the relax app As soon as possible 

Vampnoir
First Steps

I just upgraded from my HR Inspire to a Charge 5 to find out the relax feature is not available. Under the stress management feature, I'm going to put that I am feeling stressed today since this feature is not available.😞 Help us de-stress 🙏🏾 add this feature back...

Cansan
First Steps

Really hoping this request is taken seriously... considering there are now 535 votes for it! Really disappointed this app has not been added to the charge 5 yet 😞

LarchLand
First Steps

Agree! This was the most useful thing on my prior fitbit and I had expected it to be on this version as well. This was a meditation technique I could use silently in any situation--during a meeting, etc--and without any other devices like my phone or headphones. The EDA scan doesn't have the same instructional element. Please bring it back!

Kipani-Amepe
First Steps

Having recently gotten a charge 5, one of the reasons I was most excited for a fitbit was to have guided meditation. I'm constantly stressed and the EDA scan isn't enough to fully relax.

MarSich
First Steps

I literally cannot comprehend why this feature was removed. The EDA scan is nothing like the guided breathing, and is incredibly uncomfortable to hold for 3 minutes. Please, for the love of all that is good in this world, PLEASE give this back to us. I just got a Charge 5 thinking that the EDA would at least be similar but was deeply disappointed. This was one of the best parts and seems to be a basic feature of most devices?

Emberfox31
First Steps
I initially had a Fitbit Versa 3 with the Calm app, but it isn't available for the Charge 5. This app is so helpful, please bring it to the Charge 5!
Thank you.
Nathanwdavis
First Steps

I've seen that a Fitbit Moderator has confirmed that this issue is being reviewed, but I cannot see any actual response from Fitbit on this issue. Can we get an actual response from Fitbit on why Relax is not supported and if there is a timeline for supporting it?

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Emberfox31, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the Relax app to Charge 5 with us. Because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Reberee
WorldWalker

I've just got a charge 5 and really annoyed at all the functions they dropped from the charge 4. Music control, weather and the relax app.  Any info on whether the relax app will be activated as it shows in the app gallery?  This has been requested for 9 months!!  Looking at returning my charge 5 if no sign of it.

Jay204
Base Runner

I've been itching to upgrade from my Inspire HR but the dissatisfaction out there with the Charge 5 makes me think I'm just going to hold off.

Pier21
First Steps

I prefer to use this on the Fitbit device, than my phone, as not as noticeable. 

Yano213
Recovery Runner

Ok... Glad to see this post/confirmation before I buy a Charge 5. If this relax feature is no more on it, will never buy this Charge 5. Very disappointed 😡

seraphiel
Jogger

This was my most used app. I can't believe it isn't available for the Charge 5. I was about to make my purchase and Googled and bit and found this thread. I may just have to get another Charge 4. This is such an oversight.

tabindy
Jogger

@RobFitbit is anybody paying attention to this thread/issue at FitBit? I bought a Charge 5 many months ago under the assumption FitBit would be adding this feature in a future upgrade. Almost a year later — no upgrade, no response. Please listen to your customers. Not everyone wants to wear a gaudy Apple Watch/Versa type tracker. 

tabindy
Jogger

@YojanaFitbit @LizFitbit please see my comment above. Does FitBit plan to address this? It’s starting to feel like they’re treating the Charge line like a second-tier product — more updates released on the large, gaudy devices and even the Luxe seems to get more attention. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone! I understand how helpful this feature is for you and appreciate you for supporting this idea. Our development team evaluates every request posted in the Feature Suggestions board and tracks their demand over time. As you know, this idea is under review and once we have more details, we'll update it accordingly, so please watch this space for status updates.

To learn more about this board and how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released, see our FAQs. Thanks again for your patience and keep adding your suggestions.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.