Bring the Relax app to Charge 5

Please bring the Relax app to the charge 5. The charge 5 has the perfect size screen I'm looking for but I'm so disappointed to hear that the Relax app isn't offered.

Moderator edit: Formatting
431 Comments
craigpeake
Jogger

Thanks Lizzy. When should we expect the review to conclude?

dupuischase
First Steps

Dear FitBit,

Why did you remove features and make apps unavailable? I’m a new user and am very disappointed in the limited app selection for the Charge 5. Very much considering switching to “the other guys” as this is ridiculous. I specifically wanted the Relax app. This is very disappointing. Hopefully the eight pages of comments that started in 2021 will be taken seriously. 

SanthoshKumar
First Steps

Please include Relax App. It's very usefull for all Fitbit charge5 users

dmp_412
First Steps

I was very disappointed when I “upgraded” from the Charge 2 to the Charge 5 to discover that many Charge 2 features were not included, namely an altimeter and the Relax app. With EDA and ECG scans available, I assumed the Relax app would also be included on the Charge 5. It was the feature I used the most on my Charge 2 outside of sleep tracking. With the ability to perform those scans and set alarms/timers directly on the device, this should be an easy thing to add in a software update. Please bring this feature back. 

JoeDirt
Jogger

I bought the Charge 5 today, just checked the new features and didn't check what got removed. That was a big mistake! Why do you guys remove basic Fitbit stuff? Whats wrong with you? Let the users decide like on the Charge 4 where you simply can add and remove apps.

My first day with the charge 5: Altimeter gone, Weather app gone, Relax app gone, Button for wet usage gone (just a screen lock - hurray) -_- Hard double tap is only accepted when hitting on the top of the band really hard ...

Please concentrate at least on the software and take back at least some basic apps we loved on our Charge 4. If this will not work out you will loose at least one loyal Fitbit user.

Phil_Mango
Keeping Pace

I also wish for you to bring back the relax app. I replaced my charge 4, which featured the app, due to a broken strap and because I saw that tge charge 5 offered the relax app, too. Not only very disappointed... but it also does not make sense to have the EDA scan, which told me (based on my results) I should use the relax app - but it's not available!! How can the Fitbit EDA app recommend using an app (relax) which is not available?!?

tabindy
Jogger

Almost 1,200 comments and they can’t reinstate a simple feature that’s clearly in demand? Reports of premature battery failure (or software issues) going unresolved? The Charge 5 was not the first FitBit in our house, but at this rate, it may be the last. 

@Phil_MaPhil they simply want you to pay for a Premium subscription. Kinda sad and not really nice towards loyal customers...

I'm 100% with you, I like my charge 5 but it's so weird that a good device like this is missing a basic app like "relax".

It makes me actually pretty mad, I need to relax, and I need to pay premium to relax because they made me mad removing this feature - GENIUS - period 

Junear
First Steps

I was very surprised to learn that the Charge 5 does not have Relax app after buying it. How can this be a fitness app if it does not help with breathing session. The EDA scan app is really poor and not user friendly. Bring back the Relax app immediately if you care for your users.

LarchLand
First Steps

@Voodoochildaro The Relax app isn't even available if you have premium, don't get your hopes up. 

Phil_Mango
Keeping Pace

@LarchLandis completely right. I got Fitbit Premium free for 6 months when I purchased my Charge 5. But I still don't have the Relax function. None of the functions available replace the Relax app. But when I record being stressed, I am told by my Charge 5 that I should use the Relax app. How????? Must I go back to my old Fitbit, where I still had access to Relax? Relax needs to be part of Charge 5, in aid of Mindfulness and the many related programs. It's an important part of Fitbit and Wellbeing, and it needs to be integrated in the latest Charge 5, too!

Sasquatch-Stew
First Steps

Fitbit Team - the original comment in this thread was made over 9 months ago, and you responded with enough likes and response you’d look into it.

Is there any progress? This forum is the exact opposite of the Relax app - it’s raising my stress level and heart rate!

Fitbit team, please take some deep breaths and put “Relax App for Charge 5” on your to-do list for Tuesday. We’ll give you Monday off for the 4th.

Thank you!

You know...the funniest part in all of that, is that the lack of relax app is causing a lot of stress 😂🙈
I can't really understand why, when simple things are working just fine, the hell they have to change it. 

The relax app/widget/function - call it as you want - was sooo perfect. GET IT BACK!!!!! 

Thank 

You 

DANIEL40
First Steps

Relax app is  great, helped me a   lot with my charge 2, and I would love to have it back!!! 

ToniMonty
Stepping Up

Very disappointed with charge without RELAX app.
Please bring this to the charge 5 asap! 

Yanz
Recovery Runner

Just got my new charge 5 today and frankly already regretting it. Loved the look of the new features but didn't think an upgrade would mean losing key features that effectively make it a downgrade! 😩 I just went to use the relax app and realised it's not available. And then cottoned on I no longer have Spotify (which admittedly I never used) the weather or how many flights it stairs I've climbed. As someone who hikes up mountains several times a year I'm gutted to lose these features. 

Combined with the fact Fitbit still have a woefully poor selection of banks making this feature also unusable for the majority of users outside the US I'm seriously considering returning this for a refund and buying from one of Fitbits many competitors that listen to what the customers want and provide these features as standard. 

Charbelll
First Steps

I agree 1000000%!

I had guided breathing on charge4 and was my favorite feature! 

Please bring it back! 

We paid 200$ for the Charge 5

Unacceptable to omit features instead of improving & adding! 

JGMB
Recovery Runner

This is a health issue for me. I would use it to help correct my email apnea. 

Charbelll
First Steps
I hope someone is listening to us!
carvellwakeman
First Steps

I just got a charge 5, love it so far. Very disappointed to see the relax app is not available for it. That was part of the reason I bought this.

+1 requesting it be added for the charge 5, or at least a comment on why it's not available.

Charbelll
First Steps
I know! Me too!
Ehen you upgrade from charge 4 to charge 5, you expect more and not less!
Yano213
Recovery Runner

Just bought the Charge 5. 

How I miss this app... 😞

Please Fitbit add it. The irony is that when you do AED scan, they ask to do one after a relax cession xD

Charbelll
First Steps
There must be something we can do!
Our voice should be heard!

The relax app is one of my favorite features on the Inspire and Versa 2, super disappointed it's not available for Charge 5!  This is the main reason I've switched between Charge 5, Versa 2, and Apple watch since buying this back in January as I use it in the morning, after a workout, and before going to bed. I'd think it would be a standard app and honestly, it's one of the main reasons why I'm slightly disappointed overall in the Charge 5 (I wanted something smaller than the Versa 2 and Apple Watch hence buying this) despite it being what I was looking for. Really wish I had done more research when buying on whether this was added or not.  Please Fitbit, bring this back!

RyGuy__
First Steps

Hmm, I bought the Charge 5 because the product comparison chart listed stress management tools as included.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.