Check SpO2 at anytime on supported Fitbit devices

The new Sp02 clock face is nice, but can you also add the ability to check Sp02/pulse ox at anytime during the day rather than just during sleep?

Moderator edit: Updated label and subject for clarity
507 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mbarylski, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to see Sp02 details at anytime during the day on supported Fitbit devices. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

rfjouben
Strider

Tons of prior post asking for full time SpO2 readings so Moderator should have mentioned that a lot of people are looking for this feature and frankly this is what I thought I purchased so nice to see that three years later I finally have a way to at least see an average and the ranges.

mbarylski
Tempo Runner

Yes, agreed. If there are existing feature requests the moderator should've called this a duplicate and referred me to the one with the most votes. Do you by any chance know which one has the most votes? I can move my vote there.

rfjouben
Strider

I was following the one on the Ionic page but since it appears as if they are discontinuing that model you may just want to do a search.

pscheuer
First Steps

The SPo2 clock face is almost worthless. I am removing it. I have been struggling for two week trying to get the clock face to report Spo2. It's worked once in 14 days and of course only tells me about last nights SPo2 average, which I can almost visually guess at by opening the sleep statistics in the app.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @pscheuer. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to see your actual SpO2 data on the clock face with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

On Demand SpO2 would be nice. Fitbit is the king of fitness but all other trackers and smart watches have it except fitbit. Kind of weird.

amanbansil
First Steps

We need this 100%

LeeGG
Recovery Runner

I would use this feature.  Thanks

a223a
First Steps

This would also help during exercise.

FridayLover
Recovery Runner

I've bought Charge 3 about 2 years ago for only that feature and when I realized that company lies about this I was very disapointed and couldn't get moneyback. And after 2 years I still doesn't see this. What a shame

Nova91
Jogger

I would like that also. Other smartwatches have this feature!. I was about to buy a Sense but I am holding back now... Fitbit, check your HR sensors (as I read that they are pretty inaccurate) and add the on demand oxygen readings as well as background measurements when active. This wouls make a usefull health traking device. 

3 hours to take a reading? This is a joke.

-----------------------------

And by "active" I mean that it shouldn't only take readings when people are resting.

Purrstachio
Tempo Runner

Yes, I would use this feature often. I am very disappointed that getting that data requires using that (not very pretty) face. I design faces and I like my own and others much better than that one. I have a friend who has asthma and she was looking forward to this feature (just for info, not medical decisions). Now she says she won't buy a Sense. Please correct, pronto.

Danielinooo95
First Steps

I would like to check my SPO2 when I want... Could tu out add this feature please?

JanLamb
Jogger

I also would love to have the SpO2 feature available during the day. Please add this feature. 

Paul570
Jogger

I think that it is a fundamental function, which the other Fitbit competitors have already implemented on their devices. 

LeeGG
Recovery Runner

Another need for this feature is to allow me to verify the proper functioning of the Fitbit SpO2 measurements.

Hadden8176
Tempo Runner

Yes please add continuous/OnDemand SP02!

Sushi3456
Recovery Runner

Needs to happen ASAP. I see they haven’t put this in the SDK because people would be creating an app just to be able to check their spo2 all the time. This is important and necessary to have for people who have breathing difficulties.

Victoryrider
Recovery Runner

There are alot of smart watches that have this feature. It would be nice to see Fitbit add this feature.

sayobel
First Steps

Honestly, I would've gone with the new Samsung watch if I'd known this feature wasn't available. In all the product listings and specs I researched before making the Sense purchase, there was not a single mention that the SpO2 measurement was at all restricted, much less that it wasn't available on demand and only measured during sleep. I can't adequately express my disappointment, and I may still decide to exchange the Sense I received today in favor of a device that provides it. 

Malcdenis
Jogger

I agree let’s have an spO2 app ASAP

KWumm
Jogger

I'd also love to be able to see the SpO2 at anytime. Or at least mean values through a defined period, if a "live" view is not feasible.

Sagebrush
First Steps

Another vote here for the on-demand SpO2..  But first, let's get the overnight feature working properly. Got my new Sense last week and loaded the SpO2 clock face.  First two nights, I got readings about an hour after getting up in the morning.  Since then, no readings at all, and it's even saying "Sleep to Update".  Since it's giving me sleep stats for all of those nights, it seems that the software is a bit confused.  Hoping that the hardware I bought with the Sense is solid and I just need to wait for software updates for this device to live up to the marketing.

MattyZ
Jogger

I agree with being able to check my spO2 when wanted. Would be helpful for working out and if there are any breathing issues. 

I also, echo the difficulties reported above; where the watch will track my spO2 while sleeping, but won’t update to my metrics. It shouldn’t be this complicated. If I paid $320 for a watch and approx $8/mo. for a subscription, there should not be these kinds of issues. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.