Ability to remove morning after pill from Menstrual Health options

I would like the option to choose whether or not I have morning after pill on my female health dashboard. Some people do not use the morning after pill for religious reasons and quite frankly I would rather not see that option every time I log into my female health tracker.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

35 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @lilapipkin. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

EMU2017
First Steps

I agree. It's not something I will ever use, so I would like the option to remove it. 

DDarcey
First Steps

Agree for the same reasons. 

Aallen080809
First Steps

Agree for the same reasons

Fitand40
First Steps

I agree. On such a sensitive topic where half the users are likely to be offended by that automatic option it seems obvious fitbit would make that user driven so as not to lose customers. 

mktrudeau
First Steps

Agree for the same reasons. It will never get used, so I’d like to be able to just remove it from the options.

Jennygirl92977
First Steps

I would also like the option to remove the morning after pill.  It is offensive (to me) and I would like the ability to remove it from my tracker.

denisj
Recovery Runner

or you could just ignore it? 

DudeWheresMyThy
First Steps

I'd like the ability to remove it, as well. It doesn't seem like it's a valid "event" to track on a fitness calendar. Especially if other medications that could impact fertility/fitness aren't listed as well. Makes absolutely no sense to have it on there.

SparkyzFan
Recovery Runner

I too would like to be able to remove the morning after pill option but also customize some of the other options as well in order to disable some other things I am not interested in tracking.

bizeee
First Steps

I would like to remove this as well

AnneMarieke
Recovery Runner

I would like the ability to hide this section from the dashboard completely (but still track it, just not shown so prominent in desktop). If I show someone the app they dont need to know if, how bad and for how long I am in my period or when fertile moment is. Or had sex or whatever it reveals without any password even. I used another track app (clue) for this purpose, but liked the idea to have everything in one app. But not that it is up for grabs for everyone.

RhiMarieG
First Steps

I’ve found it (the morning after pill and the tracking of using it) limmensely helpful in my tracker, since the hormones in the pill can delay or affect your period. If it’s not something you use, ignore it like I do for the “tender breasts”icon which I never use but am fine with it being there for the people who need it.

Lynnanine
Base Runner

It seems like the ability to customize what symptoms/events are trackable overall would be useful. 🙂

Shadowpanther3
First Steps

There is already an option on my Charge 2 to select which exercise activities I want.  Swipe left and I never see them unless I specifically go back into the add screen. 
Fitbit already has the code and technology to manage selection lists so you only see the options you want.

This should be an easy one to implement.

cobceo
Jogger

I voted on this and agree with many of the comments. I would personally like it to be removed altogether. It is an obvious attempt to push the beast agenda. I will not be using this object until it is removed. Leaving it out offends no one. Putting it in is offensive to at least half your users. If this is taken off I will purchase a new nanotechnology free band and use it again. Mine has been on the shelf for months now due to the band and then because of this.

Lcampbell89
First Steps

The morning after pill is a higher dose of hormones intended to keep a woman from getting pregnant.

it will not cause an abortion.

if hormonal contraceptives are offensive to you, perhaps it would be easier to have an option to remove all such contraceptives from your app?

cobceo
Jogger

It prevents implantation of a fertilized egg. To many that is abortion. Same with the pill. It is the only type of contraceptive listed in my app. It is too big of an issue to me to simply want the ability to hide it. As I said in my original post, for the company to leave it out would offend no one, but to include it they are alienating their higher income customers (conservatives). another instance of a company purposely going against the norm ie conservative America to push an agenda.

Lcampbell89
First Steps
It does NOT prevent implantation of a fertilized egg.
The latest research shows it has no effect on the endometrium, therefore it
does not prevent implantation.
cobceo
Jogger

I found the information in a search on more than one referenced site. You have your opinion and others have theirs. This is not the place to talk about the things you are talking about IMO. I am speaking directly to the company.  It needs to know that alienating their users is a bad idea.

Lcampbell89
First Steps
IMO bringing up how conservatives as yourself are the majority of their
customers was a ridiculous statement and veiled threat.
Your political affiliation doesn’t change science.
Jennanne26
First Steps

Yea Fitbit is used world wide & conservatives are not the highest earners everywhere. Don't have a problem with users being able to hide map (or hide the female health tile) but if they take it out completely to appease religious people I won't be happy. 

AranelS
Recovery Runner

This seems completely unnecessary to me. The solution already exists: users can just not select the options they don't use.

DayleK
Walker

I don't think it is necessary to remove it. More women are likely to find it useful than offensive 

Lcampbell89
First Steps
I think you are crazy...
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.