Hula Hooping as an activity

It would be nice to have hooping, both weighted and un-weighted as an activity that could be logged.

I'm sure there are many more out there that hoop

Moderator edit: Labels

94 Comments
Retroe1
First Steps
Hoop dance is moving into a larger, more well known status with many people exercising with the hula hoop. Studies have shown the benefit and workout it provides, yet fit bit does not have it listed in its exercise activity list. Many members of the hoop community use fitbit to track activity and would benefit from hoop dance being listed as an activity. If there are questions on its exercise properties I am happy to provide web links to research. Thank you for your time- a heathy and happy hooper! 🙂
trixiehoops
First Steps

We need this! 

Yes please add this!!! We need it!!!
kayde311
First Steps
Please add!!!
Mamarox85259
First Steps

YES! Please add hooping!

ben_burnes
First Steps

This would be a great addition!

ericaw
First Steps
Currently there are options for carpentry, mowing the lawn, kettlebell, handball, shooting, and archery, there needs to be a category for hula hooping and hoop dancing!!!!

Please add this ASAP.

ericaw
First Steps

Currently there are options for carpentry, mowing the lawn, kettlebell, handball, shooting, and archery, there needs to be a category for hula hooping and hoop dancing!!!!

Please add this ASAP.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for your contribution @Rich_Laue. I believe that this is a good suggestion since I know that Hula Hooping is a very good exercise. I will gladly send your request to our team members so they can take it into consideration.

Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share or vote for them, if it’s already suggested in the Feature Request Forum.

Have a great day!

lanztc
Jogger
Any plans to add hulahooping (using weighted hulahoops) as an activity?
Moriah
First Steps
I would love to see hula hooping as one of the choices for exercise! It is becoming more popular and I personally have seen major changes from doing it! Also basic workouts are not listed in exercises on the flex app for iPhone so it's hard to truly gauge how many calories I actually burned because I have to pick a very general workout like 'weights'. Thank you for your time and consideration!
Laughing_Bunny
First Steps

It would be really helpfull if Hulahooping was introduced to the execise list. Woman Very Happy

janufairy
First Steps

yes please!

Amandakingg
First Steps
I wish there was a way to manually log hula hooping but it's not an option.
Lovelylara
Jogger

Please add hooping to the list. Ty

Moriah
First Steps
Yes please! I love hooping but have no way of tracking it!

Blessings, Moriah Kraus
Beckiw
First Steps

Yes! Please add hooping, i do a lot of circus skills and can't list any of them, and hooping is my main exercise activity! Would love to log it properly

Denisemw1
First Steps

Please add hula/fitness hooping as an activity.  Thanks!

LyndsayA
First Steps

I just got a Fitbit Charge 2 and was surprised to see things like carpentry and gardening on the list of possible activities to record but not hula hooping. I do weighted hula hooping a couple of times a week so would really like the option to log it!!

Silvkreah
First Steps

Yes, please add. This is a favorite activity of mine and I'd love to be able to track it. 

MummyReardon
First Steps

Please please add weighted hooping as an exercise! 

FlowFlower
First Steps

I got the new FitBit for Christmas and I almost wanted to sell it to buy an LED hoop, but it would be even better if I could use the FitBit to enhance my hooping. How are people using it to help them as of now?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes...Please add Hula Hoop dance as an activity! Hope to see it soon. Thank you!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@SunsetRunner the area we are in is to submit ideas to the developers. 

If you would like to interact with other hoppers, if which I am, please post in: 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Get-Moving/bd-p/fitness

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

So cool to find another Hooper in here. Thank you for your direction! @Rich_Laue

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.