Hula Hooping as an activity

It would be nice to have hooping, both weighted and un-weighted as an activity that could be logged.

I'm sure there are many more out there that hoop

Moderator edit: Labels

94 Comments
aswood
Jogger

We really need a way to manually log hula hooping. Especially using a weighted hoop. How many more of us have to ask before it actually happens?! Surely we don’t have to beg 🧞‍:female_sign:👍🏼😃

Lovelylara
Jogger
Amen

💛. Lara Shultz <><
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Interesting we have 16 voters and now 28 comments .With 100 of msny. thousands of fitbits sold yearly, 16 users doesn't sound like a popular request. 

Marmabean
Stepping Up

I would love to see hula hooping added as an activity.

Angeliis
First Steps

Please add Hula Hooping, it is such a great fat burner and core exercise. Both weighted hoops such as FXP hoops and regular hoops burn calories, just would be really nice to be able to log accurately. Not sure what I should be logging as an alternative right now

AnnetVisser
First Steps

Please add hula hooping as an exercise!! I also hoop 30 minutes every day and have no clue how many calories I burn.. 

At the moment I'm tracking it as 'jumping rope' .. a little bit less in calorie burn (compared to information online) but at least I can track my active minutes

SherrineD
Jogger

Can you add Hula Hooping to exercises, at the moment I can manually add it in as Aerobic but if I look back I’d like to know exactly what I did.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SherrineD! Great suggestion, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to have this activity as an option with Fitbit. I've moved it into a similar suggestion. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

TurboTrinity
Jogger

Okay, it's been 4 years since people started talking about this. What gives Fitbit?!! Add hula hooping ASAP. I'm a consumer of your product and I'm unsatisfied. I LOVE hula hooping as one of my exercises and want to track it!! 

Lovelylara
Jogger
Amen

💛. Lara Shultz <><
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Yes it has been 4 years with little to no activity. 

Please reread the FAQ

Lazy-sod
Recovery Runner

This should have gone on before hunting... seriously fitbit, disappointed that you can customise a workout to hunting on the app but there are so many proper exercises and sports still missing

Milz1982
First Steps

Yes yes yes Hooping is the only exercise I do so would love this on the Fitbit 

isomjen
First Steps

would be brilliant to have weighted and dance hula hooping added..

Wonderwoman75CP
First Steps

Hooping is an amazing form of exercise, it's fun, it's a great all over workout, it can be done anywhere and it brings people together 

Hope-C
First Steps

Please add hula hooping - weighted and unweighted to the list of exercises! Can’t add it to my fitness tracking 😞

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Hope-C, this is a good idea. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

bgeorgeu
First Steps

Okay.  Looks like there are many who would like to see Hula Hoop/Hooping to the exercise list!!  Come on Fitbit!!! Make it happen!!

Jellypython
First Steps
I would like to see Hula Hooping added ad an activity
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jellypython , and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about the integration of Hula Hooping as an activity with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

TreHopLab
First Steps
I would like skating added to the GPS tracking feature. And Hula hoop added to the overall log options
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jellypython, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @TreHopLab, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Add Roller Blading or Skating/Ice skating as exercise

Hula Hooping as an activity

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@bgeorgeu unfortunately 74 votes is not enough, we really need closer rlto 500 before support will notice. 

HealthyGoal
Jogger

Here’s another suggestion for hula hooping; especially weighted hula hoop. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add it!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.