Indicate exact restless/awake times during sleep tracking

Is there anyway to indicate the exact times the fitbit is recording us as being "awake" or "restless" throughout the night? I know there are bars on a graph to show, but it doesnt indicate the actual time I am waking up or being restless. It would really help me better see my sleeping patterns throughout the night. 

92 Comments
rfetested
Jogger

The last update I have is 2.28 and it doesn't show ....what version do you have?

SusanWink
Jogger

I have version 2.28.  

From the dashboard, click on the sleep tile, then click the arrow to the right of today's sleep record.   Tap on the graph, or click on the two arrows in upper-right corner and get to the full screen graph.    Press and HOLD anywhere on that graph and it will give you the times for that particular sleep/awake/restless section.   If you still can't get it, you may need to adjust the setting for how hard you need to press.   Seems like I recently adjusted mine.  It requires about the same amount of pressure as when you want to delete an app.

Good luck!

rfetested
Jogger

Thanks Susan...you're right on target mine works!!!

John

Bozie
Jogger
Great suggestion. More detail on sleep patterns would be very useful.
augustrivers
First Steps

My sleep pattern is gone and there is no icon on dashboard.  This was one of the reasons I purchased the Blaze- about A MONTH AGO!!!  Please bring it back.!!!

Jasmina
Stepping Up

Love the idea of more sleep details. I have sleep apnea and would like to better track my wake and restless times

Crystalsund
First Steps

I think details are important for sleep cycles, time should definitely be on there, and resting heart rate. Would be nice if the alta also had heart rate censors, guess I should have done more research before Buying it.

I want time stamps on my sleep charts.

Whytewytch
First Steps

I would like to see hourly times on the sleep pattern time line. Right now it just shows when I fell asleep and when I woke up.

BulldogMom
First Steps

I agree. More sleep details would be very useful. The sleep tracking feature is what really got me to buy my Alta. 

krismis
Jogger

I had the flex for two years and loved it, decided to buy a new ALTA, love it even more EXCEPT it does no show my sleep quality. On my log it says zero times restless and zero times awake, I know better than that since I'm a restless sleeper. When I click the see more button, it says the same zero and zero. That feature is important to me, knowing my sleep quality, please help!!

Shuv
First Steps

Agreed! I'd like to see which hours I'm actually restless for rather than guessing

keymasterlsh88
First Steps

Hi Folks!

When I tap my sleep log on the pink or blue bars or anywhere on the screen - nothing happens.  Am I missing something?  I like the old user interface - much more detailed and user-friendly.  😞

Help - Somebody!  Thanks!!!

lorraineg
Tempo Runner
Try touching and holding instead of tapping.
dantcarrier
Jogger

Can anyone tell me it there is a way to edit sleep log (enter time when awake during the night, then a 2nd time when one goes back to sleep, a 2nd time when one awakes

keymasterlsh88
First Steps
I tried that just now.now luck. Thanks for trying to help. I must need to
update my program or something.shrug.
fitmattew
First Steps

I minor software upgrade to the Flex 2 could provide significantly more useful sleep data.  Right now the Flex 2 records the time you fall asleep and when you awake.  But for someone with chronic insomnia it would be incredibly helpful to know the time one wakes during the night and the time of events of restlessness.  It would be great if the actual time could be recorded, but it could also be useful if the data line for the night simply had marks for every hour so the time of the events could be estimated.  Thanks

maia200
Jogger

If you press on that screen with the bars, it indicates the times

firemouse
Jogger

if you use your phone app, you can "go to bed" and "wake up" repeatedly, the fitbit will register that it is still the same night. this works great if you get up and watch a movie or something in the middle of the night. i would not suggest using this for short term like getting a drink of water.

catz747
Jogger

My version of Android had this until the latest update 21/3/17. Fitbit said that to get it back we have to come here and suggest and vote for it and said I can get it on ios despite that my husband has ios and this feature isn't there. How strange to take an existing feature and remove it. 

firemouse
Jogger
Still works on my Samsung galaxy 7
catz747
Jogger

Mine's s5 mini on lollipop, can't find an app version anywhere but they said

"We want to inform you that such feature of viewing the exact time of being awake is not possible to Fitbit app’s latest version for Android."

firemouse
Jogger
I am sad to say that you are correct. Apparently my update came in later
than yours... ridiculous... wee like something and they take it away 😞
maia200
Jogger

Mine too, it has gone now.  I need the times. will go and vote 

firemouse
Jogger

I did find on the  fitbit website, if you look next to the Dashboard it reads Log... click on that, go over to Sleep and then down to the hourly bar graph. If you give on a red bar it will give you the time, but only the start time apparently unlike the phone which had start and stop.  It also does not distinguish between restless and awake...

valmar2
Jogger

Bring back the ability to see the specific times of sleel,awake,restlessness on the sleep pattern tile in your app!!! Your last dashboard renew eliminated this very important feature for those of us trying to analyze and imprI've our sleep quality..charge2..I bought it because of this feature and  ow u changed it..unfair..sad..

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.