Integrate with iOS Health

Hi there,

I'm really excited about Apple's announcement of the Health App in iOS 8 to be release this fall.  I'm looking forward to seeing a product announcement by Fitbit for a successor to the recalled Fitbit Force, and I'm really hoping to hear some exciting news about Fitbits intigration with Apple's new Health App to be released alongside iOS 8 this fall.  

This is a huge oportunity to make your devices even smarter and more integrated - Please support these APIs!  Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

4,966 Comments
atmb82
Jogger

Please, fitbit, review your decision not to support Apple Health integration with fitbit.

You had over 8000 upvotes before you closed the feature suggestion thread.

I'm pretty sure EVERY iOS fitbit user wants the Health Kit support.

Please, talk about it, stop this USA/USSR style cold war and collaborate towards the space exploration.

Annie_Daisy
Recovery Runner

I agree.  Right now, I am going through MFP to update info to my health apps.  I need a straightforward way to do this.  

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @atmb82thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding an integration with the iOS Health App with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Ridiculous that you do not sync with Apple Heath. Break down your IP barriers/ stubbornness and make it happen. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

BigOrd
First Steps

I would love to have Apple Health integration with my new FitBit Inspire HR.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @BigOrd. Thanks for taking the time to share that you'd like to integrate your Fitbit data with iOS Health with us! This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request overtime. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

smithj64
First Steps

I want to be able to view my Aria weight data in the Apple Health app.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @smithj64. Thanks for explaining your idea about sharing your Aria weight data in the Apple Health app with us. This feature suggestion was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

MaggieBaechle
First Steps

I would LOVE it if FitBit’s app shared data with my iPhone’s health app, like Strava does. Just so then all of the apps can communicate without me having to log information every time I use it. The period tracker in the Health app so far has been more user friendly and accurate than the one for FitBit, but FitBit tracks my steps more accurately. I’d just like to see the information sync up between all the apps so I can access it from either of them. 

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MaggieBaechle, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about integrating with Apple Health App. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

fourthirty
Runner

Hi Fitbit,

Could you please let the community know if you are still evaluating integration with Apple Health on iOS?

Please allow us to sync our health data obtained from our Fitbit devices to Apple Health.  Apple Heath obtains data from other, non-Fitbit devices and monitors, and having my Fitbit data imported is very important to me.

Thank you.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @fourthirty. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about integrating with iOS Health app. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Keep adding your suggestions.

ryana2222
Jogger
I've just brought a Fitbit and a Fitbit aria, only after using it have I realized it won't sync with Apple health? After doing a bit of research, I've found that you don't support this but every time it is asked for, you ignore the requests and close the discussion. Please could you explain why you are not willing to do this?
FFGriff715
First Steps
Is there any way to link Fitbit with Apple Heath? Or maybe develop a way to have it done
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @FFGriff715. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about integrating Fitbit with Apple Health. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions!

Gatorgrad
First Steps
Over 8500 people have asked Fitbit to integrate the fitbit app data with Apple's Health app since 2014. Why has Fitbit not acted on the popular request?
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Gatorgrad, thank you for sharing this idea with us about the possibility of having an integration with Apple's Health app. As you may, this idea has already been posted in the Feature Suggestion board of the Community, so I've moved your post here as it is Not currently planned. This helps to keep the Community organized. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community forums. 

Rockinhorsw
First Steps
It would be beneficial if the data collected by Fitbit, specifically heart rate/steps, could be synced to the Apple health app for iOS users
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Rockinhorsw, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to sync data with Apple Health. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

vcmucker
Jogger
Please pursue the option to allow data to be imported from the FitBit app directly to Apple Health app. Or vice versa, please add more of the features from the Apple Health app to the FitBit app. Thanks!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @vcmucker, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to connect with iOS Health. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

womi
First Steps
Make Fitbit data available to the system, the App runs on, especially if this system is iOS.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @womi, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to integrate Fitbit data with iOS Health. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

musictechguy
Jogger
Stop ignoring Fitbit users for the past 8 years and integrate Fitbit with Apple Health.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.