Integrate with iOS Health

Hi there,

I'm really excited about Apple's announcement of the Health App in iOS 8 to be release this fall.  I'm looking forward to seeing a product announcement by Fitbit for a successor to the recalled Fitbit Force, and I'm really hoping to hear some exciting news about Fitbits intigration with Apple's new Health App to be released alongside iOS 8 this fall.  

This is a huge oportunity to make your devices even smarter and more integrated - Please support these APIs!  Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

4,966 Comments
Kail
Recovery Runner

They see Apple as a competitor  ... lol ...

Replaced my broken Fitbit Charge HR with a Garmin Vivosmart 3 !

kulpdogg
Stepping Up

For the love of all things fitness please just do this already. Due to the nature of my job I wear a fitbit during the work day and then switch to my apple watch when home.I would love for my Apple watch steps to sync into fitbit. Not overwrite them, but add to them. I don't care if I can't enter a competition, I just want the steps counted. Myself, friends, and coworkers always try and one up each other with our steps. It's fun and gets up moving. Guess who always comes in last since my steps at home don't count.

I know this is beating a dead horse here but can you please comment on why this isn't being done? Don't tell us "It isn't something we are looking into", we know that. Tell us WHY you aren't. If you can't do it or figure it out then just say so. There are very smart people on here that would lend a hand however they can.

A vast majority of people said they would pay for the service to do that, myself included. Attach it to having a premium account. One would think that would account for some of the costs in developing this feature. It would also make up for lost revenue if you think people aren't buying your trackers and solely using an Apple Watch.

Loyal users have been asking for this for years. Years! Please just give us an answer at least.

Lavindermoon
Jogger

This seems like a basic function that should  already be implemented.  

Andy1066
First Steps

Quite impressed with Fitbit but unless it ingegrates with apples health app soon I'll be getting a Apple Watch. I use Strava and other fitness and health app that all integrate with the apple health app and all my data is together. No use if Fitbit does contribute to this data. 

DantasticFour
First Steps

It's disappointing this is still an open Forum request, with the integration deployment halted three years ago. I didn't see this until after making my purchase, and I will likely be returning the device to rebuy with another supported brand. I enjoy my Fitbit, but not enough that I want to expose all my data to a 3'rd Party integrator... no thanks.

LoHenBio
First Steps

I've been a Fitbit user for years. I just purchased an Apple Watch. Super disappointing there's no way to sync the steps from my watch with the Fitbit app. Like many others, I'm sure, lots of people will be transitioning to the Apple Watch. I LOVED my Fitbit. But I love my Apple Watch more. So unless you find a way to sync the watch and the Fitbit app... I am no longer a Fitbit user. You've lost me as a customer and I'm sure you will lose many others. I'm confident that Fitbits in general will be obsolete in a few years if something doesn't change.

wealthychef
Base Runner
Fair enough, I'm an Apple fan, but you did just jump from one walled garden to a much more proprietary and less flexible platform. I've been eying the AW too though. 🙂 I just don't want anything on my wrist right now.

----------------------------------------
Rich Cook

It's not the time it takes to take the take that takes the time; it's the time it takes between the takes that takes the time. - Roy Scheider
Ootz1234
First Steps

I would very much like to see my phone link with my Fitbit in this way.

Guif
Recovery Runner

When is possible that Fitbit can sync with Healt Apple app to not use an external app's?

Mjallen
First Steps

I moved away from my Fitbit to an Apple Watch. All of my friends seem to be doing the same.  I do like the Fitbit app though.  It would be nice if we could keep it with the Apple Watch. Unless they integrate though, I suspect most will eventually move away like I did into a competing product.  Fitbit should consider monetizing their app in some other way.  I just don't think they will win the hardware war over time.  

Difrye
Jogger

I so support this. Please make it happen

singh.rajkumar
First Steps

Need it for my Fitbit and IPHONE 

Umair.
Recovery Runner

iPhone is the best overall phone and that's what I use. Fitbit makes the best overall trackers and that's what I use.

Fitbit measures sleep and heart rate better than other options and I'd want it in Apple Health because:

(1) Fitbit Alta HR doesn't measure floors climbed and I want that data consolidated.

(2) I like my data being analysed by two different programs.

(3) I can compete / compare in some way with Apple Health / Watch users and not just Fitbit users.

(4) Apple Health data contributes to research as well.

(5) I may get an Apple Watch (as smartphone accessory) but still use Fitbit (for fitness) for its better tracking in some areas and bigger active community and would want to see combined data.

Please make it happen. It would offer additional benefit to your customers and would push you to be more competitive as you'd be competing on the quality of your trackers alone and community as well without holding the data hostage [I know one can extract Fitbit data, and that's excellent but a normal person still relies on app to app sharing].

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Why can't Fitbit sync with Apple iPhone Health app?! I'm missing out on Tracking some good info about myself because my Cara app isn't getting the most up-to-date info from Health.

Loiana
First Steps

Unbelievable that we can't connect Fitbit to HealthKit from Apple! I am very disappointed and Inthink they should update Fitbit app to make them compatible!!! 

Mercyg
Jogger

Please let I watch users use your app..,would be willing to pay a monthly fee,,,,,,

Arek
First Steps

Unbelievable that we can't connect Fitbit to HealthKit from Apple!

XIAOMI MI BANDs works great with Applr Health Kit and cost 10 time less 👍

Fnsutton1
First Steps

The suggestion of integrating the Fitbit app with the Apple iOS Health App is over 3years old. I'm seeing numerous articles online telling to use an outside app to connect my Fitbit data with the Apple Health app. I'm highly disappointed that I have to download another app outside of the Fitbit to do this. This isn't right. Fitbit, Please, DO SOMETHING to connect the application with Apple!!!! Pretty Please!?!

Fatboy_sh
Jogger

Fitbit should put a big sign on the box saying that Fitbit does NOT works with apple health app.

i found this out after I bought a charge 2, otherwise, I won't buy it.

i don't mind using Fitbit app, but I also wants my data sync in both Fitbit health app and apple health app...

wealthychef
Base Runner
See if you can return it. I think within 30 days they'd let you, if you just say it doesn't work with your phone correctly. It's a defect at this point.

Rich Cook

It's not the time it takes to take the take that takes the time; it's the time it takes between the takes that takes the time. - Roy Scheider
wealthychef
Base Runner
See if you can return it. I think within 30 days they'd let you, if you just say it doesn't work with your phone correctly. It's a defect at this point.

Rich Cook

Unfitandsit
First Steps

Just started using Fitbit flex and really disappointed that it doesn't sync with Apple Health app.. 

Jen_5
Runner

Please bridge Fitbit and Apple Health. Thanks.

Jv_Dz
First Steps

I am new to this community and recently got a Fitbit, and I believe it would be a great idea to have the Fitbit sync with ios health app. Will save lots of time for me, and would help to keep a closer track of the daily activity for iphone users.

123abcxxxxx
First Steps

I would love if FitBit would do this/

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.