Integrate with iOS Health

Hi there,

I'm really excited about Apple's announcement of the Health App in iOS 8 to be release this fall.  I'm looking forward to seeing a product announcement by Fitbit for a successor to the recalled Fitbit Force, and I'm really hoping to hear some exciting news about Fitbits intigration with Apple's new Health App to be released alongside iOS 8 this fall.  

This is a huge oportunity to make your devices even smarter and more integrated - Please support these APIs!  Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

4,966 Comments
klierkay
Recovery Runner

Why does fitbit not have the option to share data with apple health. I play Pokemon Go and now they have a feature where it will track your steps/distance from apple health(or google health) so the app does not need to be open. It would be helpful if fitbit could connect to apple health since I have the ionic and don't need to take my phone on runs with me. Please work on connecting fitbit to Apple Health.

SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @klierkay, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us,this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

SteveManser
Jogger

Over 7000 votes and 4600 suggestions to put this feature in place but you totally ignore the request and any time someone raises the subject you move the comment to a closed and locked thread... why cant there be a debate as to why you refuse to look at integration with Apple Health that is a common standard for exchanging health data with your GP/Doctor ?

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SteveManser, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us,this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Nocturne
First Steps
wanderingsidhe
First Steps

I am epileptic and I purchased my Fitbit not realizing that they do not allow other apps or IPhone Health to view the heart rate monitor feature. Which basically renders my Fitbit useless. I wish I had done my research first as I will now need to sell my Fitbit and find something else that will perform this task for me. 

There are many new apps on the market that can track and monitor seizures using a heart monitor, and include a feature to send emergency alerts to family or emergency should an abnormal heart ryhmthm be detected. 

I understand that this is not meant to save lives and perhaps Fitbit is worried about the liability on this matter. But something as simple as tracking my heart rate in more detail could save my life and give my neurologist something to consider when determining the next course of treatment. 

Please please olease consider this for others in the future. And please do the right thing and advertise that this is something you have chosen to not allow. 

Coopsmelb
First Steps

It’s 2019 and the Fitbit isn’t integrated with iOS health. I have to manually enter all the information. There is no competitive advantage not integrating to iOS health as it lessens sales as people turn to the iOS watch or other devices. 

I was about about to buy fitbits for the whole family. However I’ve now chosen an iOS health compatible device as they all have iPhones.

if you are not going to integrate please explain why?

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Coopsmelb, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. For more information how Fitbit decides what Feature Suggestions get released check the  Feature Suggestion FAQs.

Momof6RayBoyz
First Steps

Allow all my info steps, stairs, miles, weight, water, food, sleep, etc. to sync with apple health. Also it would be nice to track blood pressure and sugars through Fitbit to keep from having to download all these other apps. 

Woolfw
First Steps

I’ve read a few suggestions for this from back in 2015 it appears that you still haven’t made it possible to do so. But allowing our Fitbit data to sync to apple health is only a logical procession for your brand to increase customers personalization of there product. I am a new user to fit bit but can’t see me getting another if this isn’t finally addressed appropriately by fit bit.

CLS49
Jogger

Please sync with Apple Health app 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CLS49, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

SteveManser
Jogger

Why do you continue to ignore the requirement to be able to sync Fitbit data with Apple Health ??

unfortunately it appears Fitbit seem to totally ignore this requirement even though every other health app goes out of its way to integrate  with Fitbit - they have totally lost the plot as to how to meet market demand.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SteveManser, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

SalAlb
Stepping Up

The Fitbit Charge exists since 2014.
Since 5 Years Fitbit doesn't had developed an Apple Health integration.
I use an iPhone and have tried many trackers. But all Health Data are saved in Apple Health.
Fitbit is the only company, where one has to buy an third party app to synchronize my data with apple Health. That's not acceptable.
If my Fitbit Charge wouldn't be a present. I would never have one.
For me this is criterion for exclusion!
Same for a Google Fit Integration. It's is only possible with an additional App!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SalAlb, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us,this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. Thanks for your understanding, I hope to see you around.

SalAlb
Stepping Up

Hello,

why the Apple Health Integration is not planned since 5 years?

You only answers that is not planned to such Feature Suggestion requests. But what is the matter? Why you still din't have planned? These suggestion exist since 5 years. A lot of time to develop it!

You' are ignoring these suggestion from your users since years! Please give me or the community a good understable reason why you do this!

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SalAlb, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. You can find more information on how Fitbit decides which ideas will be implemented on this link: Feature Suggestions

BostonRunRun
First Steps

Is this the year you actually listen to your consumers and support data portability to Apple Helath???  It is so easy to do, and everyone has been asking for it for years.  I guarantee you my next fitness tracker will not be a Fitbit if the company continues to ignore their customers for sake of it’s ego.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BostonRunRun, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote. Please note that if there's an update, it will be posted here. 

There was no obvious option to post this on the existing thread, however I want to show my support for this feature. If I’d done my research I wouldn’t have bought a fitness tracker that didn’t synchronise with the Apple health app. Please integrate this functionality soon. Thanks.

e94904
Recovery Runner

Being a previous Pebble owner, it was nice to have all of the health data exported to apple health so I could sync it to other devices or wearables. Having all of my metrics in one place was nice. Please do this in the near future. 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @e94904, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

Ceebs17
First Steps

I would love to have my Fitbit data sync with the Health app on apple devices.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Ceebs17, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding an integration with the iOS Health App with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.