Integrate with iOS Health

Hi there,

I'm really excited about Apple's announcement of the Health App in iOS 8 to be release this fall.  I'm looking forward to seeing a product announcement by Fitbit for a successor to the recalled Fitbit Force, and I'm really hoping to hear some exciting news about Fitbits intigration with Apple's new Health App to be released alongside iOS 8 this fall.  

This is a huge oportunity to make your devices even smarter and more integrated - Please support these APIs!  Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

4,966 Comments
PDXMateo
First Steps

I'll add my vote for iOS 8 Health App intergration as well! Word on the internet is that the Health app is having some under-the-hood issues with today iOS 8 release. It would be great if FitBit was ready to go when Apple gets the problem worked out.  

Coryj08
Recovery Runner

Running ios8 no data in Health.. Any word on when that will happen? 

@so-rich wrote:

Hi there,

I'm really excited about Apple's announcement of the Health App in iOS 8 to be release this fall.  I'm looking forward to seeing a product announcement by Fitbit for a successor to the recalled Fitbit Force, and I'm really hoping to hear some exciting news about Fitbits intigration with Apple's new Health App to be released alongside iOS 8 this fall.  

This is a huge oportunity to make your devices even smarter and more integrated - Please support these APIs!  Thanks!

kellywlynch
Jogger

Hi, I've downloaded iOS 8 -- please enable my Fitbit Zip steps data to "talk to" Apple iOS Health!!!!!

coreymcl
Jogger

I too am looking for fitbit to provide integration with Apple's new Healthkit. What is concerning is Fitbit has known about the pending release of Healthkit as part of iOS8 since June '14. Yet they don't seem compelled to offer up any type of response when asked via any source such as Facebook, Twitter, or even this forum post asking for if it will be supported.

JustinRogers
First Steps

I'm am also looking forward to seeing whtat can be done to integrate the FitBit app into the Healthkit that comes built into the iOS 8 operating system. I think this offers them a great potential to expand their product and help meet issues there app does/can not address as reliably on their own at present time.

jasonaz
Recovery Runner

Think it would be great to have the data there for a more efficent experience. Would also be good for the brand from a health kit and watch app store real estate perception.

VoiceOverGuy
First Steps

Amen to all of the above!

adamwulf
Recovery Runner
Would also love integration. Any update from the devs?
jonsl
Jogger

I may be mistaken (so please do correct me if I'm wrong), but Fitbit seems to have a "Premium" subscription model whereby the data generated by Fitbit is stored with Fitbit.  I have a feeling that in order to export this data back to us (in say a CSV or Excel file) so that we can use it ourselves, ordinary users have to pay Fitbit to access the Premium features.

Unless Fitbit drop this business model, it could be possible that Fitbit request that we pay for Premium subscription just so that we can see our data in Apple Health.  I do hope this is not the case and that Fitbit will promptly see that competitors will send data into Apple Health for free.

Either way, the personal data space is an interesting area and there is enough competition out there to ensure that Fitbit remains competitive....  i.e. please integrate and send data to Apple Health for free and please do so promptly!

gravystein
Recovery Runner

Well all i can say is that if fitbit does not integrate withios8 health soon or tries to charge for it, my flex will be going in the bin and i will be going to one of there competitors that do!

Louisedr2007
Jogger

Count me in too! I'm surprised Fitbit wasn't knocking on the door of health kit as soon as ios 8 was released 😞

f1ferrari
Stepping Up

Apple announced that there was a glitch with third-party app integration with their new Health app, and it would be cleared up by the end of September at the latest.

That being said, it doesn't mean that Fitbit's app will (or won't) eventually work with Health. I certainly hope so!

jhsmith87
First Steps

+1 Healthkit integration

+1 New tracker

I hope that Fitbit were planning to integrate but the "bug" stopped this. I guess until Fitbit make a statement we will have to wait till the end of September

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/17/apple-confirms-healthkit-bug/

SocialMicrobe
First Steps

Please integrate don't segregate....

catherineryan
Recovery Runner

Me too! Fitbit needs to do this ASAP because otherwise when Apple Watch is released next year I for one will seriously consider migrating away from Fitbit…

We're all still waiting for the replacement to Force, too!

ojm37
Recovery Runner

Please?

smrf
Jogger
I know that Apple recalled the HealthKit apps due to some error with the App Store and they're hoping to roll them out at the end of the month, it would just be nice to know if you guys are planning to integrate and what we can expect when it's released.
rduoneuser
Jogger

Yet another vote to integrate Healthkit with Fitbit.

ChaosKnign
Recovery Runner

Some statement would be nice?

mommyknits
Recovery Runner

I'm at the brink of replacing my old FitBit - I still have the Ultra - wear it daily, 24-7 (except my sleep tracker stopped working recently).  Had to superglue the plastic together at one point when it snapped.  I have been a huge FitBit supporter for many years but..... as I'm looking forward to replacing it soon, I will try to hold on as long as I can to see if this integration etc. is happening.  If not, I'm anxiously awaiting other products especially the Apple Watch.  It would be great to know more about FitBit's future plans because maybe I'd consider not jumping ship.

claireinthere
Jogger

Hanging out for this to happen. Please make it soon Fitbit!

Kadem21
Jogger
The new Apple iOS8 for iPhone has a health app. How do I get it to accept the fitbit app? The iOS health app says "when apps request permission to upgrade your data, they will be added to the list.
MorganMac
First Steps
Yes. Please integrate or you will surely loose a ton of users including me. I have Aria and a total of 4 fitbits in the family
vfisch
First Steps

Please incorporate the HealthKit APIs to the FitBit app on iOS 8 in order for the stock Health app in iOS 8 to collect all the data gathered from the FitBit app on iOS. This will allow me to manage all the data from all the health and fitness apps in one app. Please take this feedback into consideration.

zuco
First Steps

Yes! Please integrate Fitbit with HealthKit!

I don't expect Fitbit to be early adopters and have a solution ready immediately when iOS8 launches but within a couple of months should be easily feasible.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.