Naming/Labeling Alarms

Hello,

Wouldn't it be nice if you allow us to name the silent alarms? For example: an alarm to wake up, one to drink water, food, one to remind me of something such as an important meeting, etc...

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

479 Comments
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @VRake, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

Tb2527
Jogger

I feel like being able to label alarms on the watch would make it very convenient. It would make me want to wear the watch more often than I already do and I’d keep several alarms throughout the day for miscellaneous items too. 

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Tb2527! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

lyssalynn13
Stepping Up

I want to use the fitbit for my ADHD kids so they can track their steps and use it as a reminder watch. That being the case I need text to appear with an alarm. Something I can type in, such as "Brush your teeth". I bought my child a fitbit with the understanding that it would display alarms, and it does allow alarms, but not any text to go with it to know why the alarm is going off. And calendar appointments don't work because my child doesnt have a phone with him. So, simply text with an alarm would be perfect!

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @lyssalynn13, thanks for taking the time to share your idea in the Community forums, this would be a very helpful implementation for many users. I noticed this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Brj1212
First Steps

I would love a feature if I could name an alarm. As a teacher, I have to be at specific places at specific times on different days. If I would add my schedule into my Fitbit and have it buzz at 11:38am and say "Pick up students from GYM", that would be a great feature. I often am so busy that I lose track of time so it would be really nice if I could add the text that shows up on an alarm I have set. 

Thanks!

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Brj1212! Thanks for sharing this suggestion for naming alarms, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

Hols123
First Steps

I think it would be really helpful to label my alarms on my fitbit so that I can see what I set the alarm for and what I need to do if I’ve reminded myself of something. At the moment I can set alarms throughout the day but sometimes I forget what I set the alarm for so I think other people would benefit from this aswell

TonyMan
Base Runner

I have alarms, mainly for waking me up in the morning. It would be nice if I could assign some text to each alarm. 

Billyjam
First Steps

Please add the feature to simple label the alarms. This feature is useful as I have multiple alarms but when they go off i often forget what they were set for. Please this is a such a simple feature which would make such a big difference. Thanks 

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Billyjam, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback in the Community about having the option to label alarms, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Brindel
Jogger

I would really appreciate being able to add a label to my different alarms. I know it can't be that hard to do as there is already a note that shows up when my alarm goes off that says "look alive". That's nice, but I need to be able to label the alarm so it heels me what it is set for.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Brindel! Great suggestion, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your alarms. I've moved it into a similar suggestion. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

MammaBug0710
First Steps

It is great that you can have so many alarms set in the fit bit app. However if they're not named it is almost useless except for waking. To know what that alarm is for it would be incredibly helpful. If you could either name your alarms in the fitbit app or if you could sync your fitbit to the alarm app already in use on your phone so that the alarm name would show up when it went off, it would make for a much more useful interface.

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MammaBug0710, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and this idea about having the option to name or label the alarms. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would like to get rid of the alarm wording that says “look alive” a blank alarm would be better but if you could customise it then that would be awesome! 

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility to change the working shown with a silent alarm or being able to customize this message, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. However, this idea is still open to votes, so the team can continue to track popularity and demand over time.

Miraluz
Keeping Pace

I am missing a label for each alarm I set.

What about something that I write on the App?

7:00 - Wakeup

10:30 - Snack

12:00 - Launch

or

11:00 - Grey Pill

15:00 - Green Pill

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MiraluzThanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to add labels to your alarms with us! This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request overtime. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

jacksonrk
First Steps
I would like the ability to add a simple title to each of my alarms.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jacksonrk, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add names on Fitbit alarms. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

lemarais88
First Steps
Hi, can you please make it easy to custom alarms in the Fitbit app? I have the Sense now but when I had the Charge 2 it was more easily doable. I don’t like that it says “Look Alive” instead of something that makes more sense according to the time the alarm is set for. This is so frustrating for not only me but for other Fitbit users.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @lemarais88, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to namie/label Fitbit alarms. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Quantumgames
Jogger
On the alarms app for versa 2, could Fitbit please add an option to name the alarm that you are creating? It would help a lot.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Quantumgames, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to name alarms. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.