Weekly Report: Add Cals In Vs. Cals Out

I just noticed that Fitbit has changed the style of the emails for Weekly Progress Reports, and this change has removed some of the information I find most useful. This information being the "Calores In vs Calories Out" tile.

As such, is there anywhere in the new format that allows me to access the information that used to be shown under "Calories in VS Calories out" in the old format?

If not, please incorpoate this tile again - it is the most useful one!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

165 Comments
Stromal
First Steps

Better define "Calories in vs. Calories Out" in the weekly emai. The number in relation to the burned/eaten amounts in the weekly total is confusing.

Moderator edit: Labels

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlejandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello, I think it would be great to implement this in the weekly report. Please keep sharing your ideas! Woman Happy

itzfun
Base Runner

I agree.  I track my calorie intake each day, and not having this information in the new format is very disconcerting.  To say the least.  Yes, please bring it back!

Also, the report shows active minutes but say no exercise.  If exercise can be entered, I don't know about it.  I missed something somewhere along the line.  I go to exercise classes three times a week, and I golf three times a week.  So, this section is a complete mytery to me.  Please provide an explanation.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Calories in vs calories out is perhaps the most helpful feature of the weekly report. In fact I'd like to see calories in accumulated on the dashboard. Similar to the steps and active min. etc accumulate.  It would be nice not to have to add up the numbers during the week to see how I'm doing.

Indie76
First Steps

I agree. Please bring calories in vs out back!!! 

kenw1957
Stepping Up

Please just add a tile back in showing the "Calores In vs Calories Out"  in the Weekly Progress Reports emails. This feature bacame very important to me, and now it is unavailable. Apparantly I am not the only one who relied heavily on this bit of information. Thank you!

skrizanek
Jogger

I agree; calories are the main thing I look at for this app! And I hate the new dashboard; please let us keep the old one! I want to see calories in vs out right next to eachother and be able to swipe for past days and see all info at once. 

JaysonRS
Premium User
Sprinter

I like this

camgazz
Jogger

i agree with everyone else the calorie in vs calorie out weekly breakdown was great and it needs to come back!! Heart to see it come back!!

tdbourne
Jogger

I definitely agree! It was really the only thing I checked on the progress reports because I kept track of everything else during the week! Please put it back! Also, if you could add the option of seeing the weekly surplus or deficit in the mobile app it would be extremely helpful - I don't use the computer dashboard much so it would be nice to have this info on the app

morrisroep
First Steps

I completely agree.  The calories burned vs. calorie intake was one of the most important features on my weekly progress report.  Please add it back to the progress report!  As I watch my weight and attempt to lose a few pounds, that feature helped keep me on track each week.  It seems to be an easy replacement of "average calories burned" to Total calories burned and total calorie intake.

@copper64 wrote:

I just noticed that Fitbit has changed the style of the emails for Weekly Progress Reports, and this change has removed some of the information I find most useful. This information being the "Calores In vs Calories Out" tile.

As such, is there anywhere in the new format that allows me to access the information that used to be shown under "Calories in VS Calories out" in the old format?

If not, please incorpoate this tile again - it is the most useful one!!!

@copper64 wrote:

If not, please incorpoate this tile again - it is the most useful one!!!

slyfox4
Jogger

One would think that when the sales of Fitbits should be at its highest that would not be a good time to eliminate one of their most appreciated features. The puzzle is why and what is gained as the information provided by the previous summaries is readily available, the format was already established and has been incorporated into many of the weight control organizations programs, and the change only diminishes any reason for the wearer to interact with part of Fitbit on a daily basis.

Catfi9ht
Jogger

Just casting my vote to add this information back into the weekly progress report. Without this information, the weekly progress email is useless to me.

One of the moderators suggested to use the dashboard to review this information. however, you cannot review previous week's information like the weekly status report provided so it's not an apples to apples comparison. I find the tiles on the dashboard website clunky so I no longer use the dashboard.

Prior to moving to the dashboard tiles, users used to be able to query this information on demand, but that feature was also removed.

Here's a second feature suggestion. Stop removing features users actually utilize.

momza
Jogger
Agree 100% with reinstating the calorie IN/OUT on the weekly report.  Fitbit should also add a tile for this on the Dashboard and the app with a running total.  Many of us take the time to enter our daily food consumption to count calories and control our weight. Diet and Exercise - This is so basic!
Sinjac
Recovery Runner

I agree!   The weekly calorie in vs out was my most meaningful measurement.   Seeing the cumulative total for the week is extremely helpful.   Please add it back to the weekly progress report.   Thanks!

GaryH
Recovery Runner

I too would like to know why the in vs out has been removed from the report. This is one of the most important stats that I need to know. Surely you guys havent taken it out just so we have to purchase premium. I cannot believe that the writers would remove such an important piece of information from the report. I understand that the info can be sourced from the website and then calculated, but why should we have to. If we have to find our own info and calculate it, there is no need for the report at all. I am very disappointed in the Fitbit report writers and they need to wake up and take notice of what people want. There are plenty of other options out there, Fitbit is not the only one on the market. You are not doing yourselves any favours. Please fix this.

QuadD
Jogger
I use the Fitbit to help medical research for my very rare mutation (IBMPFD). One of the most useful characteristics was the weekly report with calories in/out and sleep duration/number of interruptions. The newly formatted weekly report removed the calories in and the sleep interruptions. These are critical parameters for the Fitbit (Flex2, Flex1 wore out) to help me provide information for the medical researchers. The weekly average or total mitigates much of the day-to-day variability in the data, so trending the weekly report is statistically more robust and helpful. Please (quickly) restore to the new weekly report the information that was in the old weekly report.
AL.S
First Steps

Bring back calories in vs calories out on the weekly report

QuadD
Jogger

I have spent a week with Fitbit using e-mails to try and replicate the weekly report calories in. There is no current method to obtain either the weekly average or summary of calories in. The lack of this data is a major problem.

slyfox4
Jogger

There appears to be a conflict at Fitbit between their graphic designers and their users. Evidently the designers missed the concept of "Form vs. Function" because they have eliminated both the averages and the calories-in-and-out in favor of irrelevant geegaws. Not a smart move with the 'gift giving' followed by the 'diet resolutions' seasons are upon us and they have lost one of their biggest advantages overr their competitors. 

momza
Jogger
Grrrrrrrrrr Second weekly report with no Calorie IN vs Calorie OUT. Hello In There! Anybody Home? We are asking nicely to please fix this ASAP.
A2csb
Stepping Up

I agree completely! It would be most helpful if the fitbit app showed an ongoing weekly total of calories in just as it does for calories out. I have to maintain a spreadsheet to track that information, which seems ridiculous since that info if readily available in the fitbit.

GaryH
Recovery Runner
Totally agree, Fitbit has lost the plot. The data in the latest reports are a joke for the serious fitness person. Keep hounding them or they will not change things.
GaryH
Recovery Runner
Yes, i agree. I am suspect that they are trying to force users into purchasing their ‘premium’ package. If thats the case they can jam it where it fits best.
GaryH
Recovery Runner
👍
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.