Option to toggle Minions badges off/on

Please provide an option to toggle the Minions badges on or off, to avoid earning them or seeing them in the badges page.
42 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Blue_Jay, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to toggle off/on the Minions badges from the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

tiuri
Strider

Agree completely, make it possible to disable these badges ASAP!!!

NICGuy59
Base Runner

The 'Stuart' badge was a surprise.  Interesting that I can't seem to find the Minion badges on the 'Official' list on the Fitbit site. 

This is not a motivator for me, and I desire the ability to opt out of these badges.

Rowing badges would be a motivator for me, or Disc Golf badges?

wtupyo
Jogger

Would also like to disable these!

Pining
Jogger

Please provide options to toggle off/on for badges. It may not be useful to some people and just become a nuisance.

mlander24
Jogger

Please…please end my pain.

Phill_
First Steps

Just got a Minion badge after updating the App today, boy do I wish I hadn’t updated no lol. Please give us the option to remove these ludicrous badges, they’re embarrassing for grown ups

derbal1960
First Steps

I have the "Pole to Pole" badge and got my "Ruby Slippers" badge last year. I do not need a minions badge telling me I got 12k, 22k, and 32k steps in a day. I get 22k before I even go to work every day. I DO NOT NEED a Minion Badge. It's a nuisance.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @derbal1960, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to turn off Minion Badge. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Max.13
First Steps

Never once have I enjoyed the existence of the minions. Give me a way to opt out of this or loose me as a customer for life.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @derbal1960, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having the option to turn off/on the Minion badges with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Blue_Jay
First Steps

@Cigarboy we're not asking for the badges to be removed entirely. If you enjoy them, cool! And I'm all for encouraging kids to be active with fun badges. But I'm not a child, I don't enjoy the minions, and I don't want to see them. I would just like it to be an option to toggle them off, but let people like yourself continue enjoying them.

Towboatjoe
Jogger

Please make this happen sooner rather than later. 

Cigarboy
Recovery Runner

Or just fix real problems first.

Towboatjoe
Jogger

@Cigarboy , this thread is about the minions badges. You're free to make light of other issues on dedicated threads for those. 

Lincolnite
Jogger

What?! I'm not a child (rather, I am 37), but I LOVE the new Minion badges!!! I never set out to earn badges specifically, but I'm always excited when I do and I was ecstatic that I had earned a Minions badge the other day. It brought a sense of accomplishment to my day (and a chuckling bright spot) when there is so much negativity elsewhere in the world. Please don't disable mine...I love earning any badges I can! 

craigheron2009
Recovery Runner

Keep the Minions

I got a Stuart badge yesterday during a family picnic with our daughter and son-in-law. How cute can you get?

This inspired me to watch Minions on Prime to find out what a minion is. How can anyone complain about something so fun and comical — as long as they are ‘in addition to’ and not replacing the traditional Fitbit distance badges? 

Lighten up, guys. Life is short. Live, laugh, and love before it’s too late. Life is not a dress rehearsal. 

Keep on stepping 🏃🏽‍:female_sign:🏃🏽🏃‍:male_sign:  

MorticiaDeadloc
First Steps
I have worked hard to avoid minions since they appeared, I don't need one popping up on my Fitbit every day. It's NOT what I pay for. Please have an option to get rid of them.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MorticiaDeadloc, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to turn off/on Minions badges. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

craigheron2009
Recovery Runner

I do not want Minions turned off. They are very cute. It’s the people who want them off who most need to lighten up.
Cheers
Craig 

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed and word choice

MorticiaDeadloc
First Steps

Nobody is suggesting they be removed, just that we have the option to turn them off.

Just because I don't like the same thing as you doesn't mean I need to lighten up

Moderator Edit: Word choice

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everybody, thank you for sharing you comments about this suggestion. Please in order to keep the community friendly and with a productive environment for all members, I invite you to follow the Community Guidelines.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

joff_27
First Steps

As a grown adult who loathes the minions franchise, I feel a need to press this issue. This is a fitness app, not a promotion for NBCUniversal media products. Can't believe the Fitbit team thought fitness-minded adults would appreciate arbitrary badges referencing low-brow children's movies. Each day that I get a gimmicky Minion badge is one day closer to my investing in an Apple Watch. Please allow users to disable this feature.

Batmanizzle
First Steps

I absolutely despise these stupid yellow tic-tacs... please end our suffering and let us disable them. 

Mo_Wee
First Steps

Please provide an option to deactivate the minion badges.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.