Resting Heart Rate Visible on Charge 3

On the charge 2 you could see your resting heart rate by going to the heart rate "page" and tapping it. The charge 3 seems to only show the current heart rate.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

38 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @NancyJames! This is a very nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

derekmski101
Base Runner

It's really unfortunate that the Fitbit Charge 3 is missing features that the Charge 2 had, seems like a step back in some areas. One in particular is that you can no longer see you resting heart rate on the Fitbit Charge 3. On the Charge 2 you could press the side button to get to the heart rate screen and then tap the screen to switch between your current heart rate and your resting heart rate. Please add a dedicated heart rate screen where you can see your current heart rate and resting heart rate!

MrPuma
Runner

Great idea. Just swiping dosn from homescreen and then you can tap between actual heartrate and resting heartrate

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @derekmski101, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Lizzer
Jogger

Missing the resting heart rate option and the date. What’s with the backward moves on the 3 from the Charge2?  

I like an an analogue time face too - this one is tiny. Remember we are viewing these features when on the move usually, so why make them all so small?

please give us the extras without removing stuff. We have noticed. 

scottishhen
Recovery Runner

I would dearly love to see the resting heart rate on the charge 3 .  I miss it 

misiaxcore
Base Runner

Please bring back the resting heart rate for the charge 3! Loved that feature in the 2.

scottishhen
Recovery Runner

Please Fitbit!! When are we getting the resting heart rate back ?

Faatima
Recovery Runner

Would love to see the resting heart rate feature on my charge 3. Would also like a clock that shows the date, steps and heart rate like the charge 2 had.

misiaxcore
Base Runner

Interesting... Fitbit claims you can see your resting heart rate according to this page.. https://device101.fitbit.com/guides/charge3-101.html

Why has fitbit gotten SO inconsistent with its tracker features and the info they put out on them!?

chanrge3.PNG

scottishhen
Recovery Runner

Yes it's very inconsistent indeed ! The resting  heart rate is absolutely no where on my tracker 

Fitbit.... Please please can someone respond to this effectively?

jcristall
Jogger

Please add the ability to display an average resting heart rate on the Charge 3 device. This was was displayed in the Charge 2 .

RE: Charge 3 - Add Average Resting Heart Rate 

babgvant
First Steps

Please bring back readin resting HR on the device and the date + current HR on the watch face.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jcristall, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

PamSue
Base Runner

Let me please add my vote for adding resting heart rate to the C3. It's important for me (and my doctor) to monitor my resting heart rate. Yes, I can do it from my phone......if I have it with me! Please add this. It's more important than you realize.  Thanks!

Rachies1
Jogger

I would like resting heart rate on the charge 3 please!?!?

wmtom
First Steps

The resting heart rate needs to be on Charge3 as it was on 2. I have nights when I don’t think I have slept well. My Charge 2 with sleep records and resting heart beat was helpful. I miss being able to readily view resting rate on watch face. I vote for thi feature to be available on Charge 3

Moderator edit: Label

wmtom
First Steps

I used a combination of sleep record and resting heart rate to judge my sleep quality. This was on Charge 2 and missing on 3. Sure would like the feature back.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @wmtom, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us,this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

Michael.BNE
Jogger

Please bring this feature back! The Charge 3 shows me lots of metrics I don't care about (like wildly inaccurate Km walked), and is missing this one that I follow since it's a useful measure of fitness. I'm not glued to my phone and appreciated being able to view this metric on the Charge 2. Also appreciated being able to remove the metrics/apps I didn't use - made the device focussed and useful.

WPaul
Recovery Runner

Seeing that I just “upgraded” to a charge 3 from a 2 — I was shocked to see a useful RHR missing from the charge 3. Please bring back the resting HR. 

Traveller258
Jogger

I agree. RHR was probably the feature I used the most apart from using the fitbit to check the time. I already returned my charge 3 and have gone back to using the charge 2.  

If the The feature becomes available on the charge 3, I will buy again as it’s an excellent upgrade otherwise. 

Waveydavie
First Steps

I too agree, this is the function I checked each morning and us sorely missed on my new upgraded tracker. Please bring it back

Harleydave77
Jogger

This function needs to be back as it was one of the features that I used the most and showed very relevant information especially to those like me with heart issues and this can be used as an early alert.

PamSue
Base Runner

I guess my question is: Will the Resting Heart Rate ever be shown on the Charge 3 device? Or will we be required to check our phones for the RHR forever? If you’re not going to bring it to the C3 itself, tell us. We really do want to know. 

Do you ever plan to do an update to the C3 to include RHR? 

If not, tell us right out. I’ll return my device and get a different one. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.